PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant BEST Friend

Glitzil
05-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Well the title pretty much says it all and i know many people may not be able to believe me and i didn't actually believe it myself until i was proven wrong today. She's my best friend and has been ever since we were 4 years old. Last year in December my friend started dating this really nice boy and i mean he is really nice to her. They have never split up or even had any arguements and then my friend told me that she was pregnant today. I was stunned and i didn't believe her until i was proven wrong. We've always sat and had long conversations about falling pregnant and things and what we would call our children and things like. She has always said i would never get rid of my child even if i had it at this is age. She says that i can definatly be a godmother which i am absoloutly over the moon with because i adore children. Her mum doesn't know and she says her mum would throw her out but i don't reckon any parent would. I was just wondering if anyone could really give me any information on how to comfort her but not get on her nerves at the same time. Feels better now i've got it off my chest and i'm still stunned.

Luayminator
07-10-2005, 05:59 AM
I dont think many people would have gone through that to be able to offer you help.

Squishybeamz
07-10-2005, 08:26 PM
Did your friend might not want you to post this since it seems personal?
In other words do you have permission from your friend to tell everyone on the forum shes pregnant?

Owen
07-10-2005, 11:25 PM
how old is she?

MsTanya
07-10-2005, 11:34 PM
Just tell her that youd always me there for her, when she need someone to talk to or is upset xD You catch my drift..

Code
08-10-2005, 07:46 AM
Jesus, how old is she?!

Like 30?

-Will

kaut
09-10-2005, 09:07 AM
She should tell her parents.. if they throw her out, ask your parents if she could stay with you. It's normal to be worried about these things... even older adults worry about it. But I'm guessing she's pretty young considering the average age on this forum. Just be there for her is all I can really say. My mom was pregnent with me when she was 17 and everything turned out okay although it took her a lot of work and she didn't get to go to college like she wanted til she was 35. Hopefully your friend's family will support her through this time.

Stacey.
09-10-2005, 09:49 AM
Just say you'll be there for her, even if her parents are there for her or not. She needs all the help she can get.

Seacat
09-10-2005, 09:52 AM
I would get her parents to help her as soon as possible. I'm guessing she's quite young, so although you may be an excellent friend, you and her wont be able to get through everything on your own..

I doubt her parents would kick her out :p Maybe that was just to scare her into not getting pregnant, she will probably find her parents are supportive. Her parents are going to find out sooner or later, so it may aswell be sooner, it is not only the babys health you have to watch out for but the girls too!

ChloeDust
09-10-2005, 10:03 AM
Yeh what seacat said and basically just stick by her, and be supportive but she will have to tell her parents someday because if not the later she leaves it the worse it'll be.

Rachi
09-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Well the title pretty much says it all and i know many people may not be able to believe me and i didn't actually believe it myself until i was proven wrong today. She's my best friend and has been ever since we were 4 years old. Last year in December my friend started dating this really nice boy and i mean he is really nice to her. They have never split up or even had any arguements and then my friend told me that she was pregnant today. I was stunned and i didn't believe her until i was proven wrong. We've always sat and had long conversations about falling pregnant and things and what we would call our children and things like. She has always said i would never get rid of my child even if i had it at this is age. She says that i can definatly be a godmother which i am absoloutly over the moon with because i adore children. Her mum doesn't know and she says her mum would throw her out but i don't reckon any parent would. I was just wondering if anyone could really give me any information on how to comfort her but not get on her nerves at the same time. Feels better now i've got it off my chest and i'm still stunned.
How old is she?

Glitzil
09-10-2005, 10:56 AM
she is 15 now and coming up 16. i've tried to tell her to tell her parents but she won't so i'm just going to be there for her.

Butterfly-Fairy
09-10-2005, 04:22 PM
she is 15 now and coming up 16. i've tried to tell her to tell her parents but she won't so i'm just going to be there for her.

1 of my mates is goin through the same situation (basically) like ur mate, she is also 16 bt my friend is worse, her baby is due in jan (she has a bump now) n the babys father dumped her after they done it,bt he doesnt know that she is preg, she was basically forced 2 leave school so she cudnt complete the last yr n she is worried that she will find it hard 2 find a bf. bt the good thing is that her mum has full support for her n i think it wud b best that ur best mate tells her mum before it gets worse.

Y!
09-10-2005, 04:24 PM
Any unwanted pregnancy no matter what age ruins your life!

TRUE FACT!

Butterfly-Fairy
09-10-2005, 04:39 PM
yup thats true

Insanity
09-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Poor ickle babies x'[

Butterfly-Fairy
09-10-2005, 04:45 PM
what is the point in just posting '...'?

Adam$
09-10-2005, 09:55 PM
You could try Govteen forums - www.forums.govteen.com

But back to the point, tell her to break it to her parents slowly and controllably. Parents will be shocked and angry at first, but they probably will not throw her out, although it will probably take some time to get over.

Digital
09-10-2005, 10:05 PM
You could try Govteen forums - www.forums.govteen.com

But back to the point, tell her to break it to her parents slowly and controllably. Parents will be shocked and angry at first, but they probably will not throw her out, although it will probably take some time to get over.
What about the dudes parents?

Bef
09-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Well as many on this forum know, i was pregnent at 14 and had an abortion, shock horror for those who don't no... I really regret my decision, at the time my friends really didn't no how to deal with me. My so called best friend told the whole school. It felt like they werent there for me. My best advice to u is for u to act as normal as possible with her. Don't keep bringing it up but if she wants to talk about it try not to act uncomfertable or change the subject. Let her no that u 100% support her in whatever desicion she makes. If shes going to appointments and to the clinic by herself then go with her (Even if it means missing your favourite TV program) Don't keep going on at her to tell people, she will no when she is ready and if she does mis-carry or even chose to have an abortion then its alot better if everyone doesn't no about it!

ReInfected
09-10-2005, 10:08 PM
Isn't it illeagal to throw a minor out on the streets?

q25
13-10-2005, 02:07 AM
so, how old is she? :o

Loaned
14-10-2005, 03:33 AM
YOU should tell her parents.

...And call her a ****.

Pulchritudinous
14-10-2005, 03:51 AM
Oh god, what a donut, sorry, it has to be said.

She needs to tell her parents, I suggest you encourage her to tell them.

Loaned
14-10-2005, 03:53 AM
Oh god, what a donut, sorry, it has to be said.
Is that intended to me?

Pulchritudinous
14-10-2005, 03:54 AM
Is that intended to me?

Oh no, lol, I was referring to the pregnant girl.

Greg.
14-10-2005, 03:32 PM
with things like this.....Its a good time to tell ur parents , my 2 female friends are pregnant and its hell for them

1 is 14 and 1 is 13 both by 16 year olds sometimes they need a friend to lean on and speak to.....Just call a S£% line or something and say ur friend is pregnant and they will tell you all you need to no about how 2 help

kiwi-ox
15-10-2005, 12:59 AM
My best friend is pregnant too. she is 13 i know what your going threw =(

Insanity
15-10-2005, 01:22 PM
Omg bad rep me or sl4g me off all you want. But people who get pregnant in there teenage years are dumb stoopid thick brain dead or just a sl4pp3r.
and i'll go with the sl4pp3r one with the knowledge of how most girls are dressing and flirting nowadays...
and also them 16yr olds that got the 2 girls pregnant can get sent away for it and they deserve too, and chances are they will want nothing to do with the girl now shes "up the duff" so to speak.
so wrong, whats the rush in pulling ya nickers down and getting "laid" then going round thinking your good to find out after a few weeks your pregnant. well their lifes are ruined now thats their prize for thinking their "it" cos they have done "it"

JT-Fan
15-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Are her and her partner still together?
Stick by here :D

Grig
18-10-2005, 08:39 AM
Right First of all definetly tell her parents, they may get angry but they won't kik her out after all they love her they will be angry. Bvery hard if she doesnt want an abortion for it's hard to raise kinds as you don't have any money. I never you these casses were common but next time I urge ppl to use condoms for safer $ex.

Xela
18-10-2005, 05:32 PM
The mother would be upset, But trowing a pregnant girl out? Thats just harsh and im sure they would do that. But she should tell her, Her mum can explain about it and help her though it, As she was pregnant befor, She will know the dos and donts.

Rachi
18-10-2005, 05:33 PM
I doubt she wud chuck a single pregnant gurl out the house

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!