PDA

View Full Version : All about acne

RedStratocas
06-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Im sure many of you (including myself) are dying to know how to deal with certain types of acne. Just post your case here, Ill start off.

I dont have that bad of acne, but a few days ago my face started turning red and pealing like crazy. It might be the stuff I put on my face overnight, but Ive been using it a while and it hasent hurt yet. Any ways on how to at least getting rid of the red? If you can name stuff that isnt products, maybe some homemade stuff, that would be best:)

ashLOVESMatt!
06-10-2005, 07:36 PM
It's a teenage thing, creams and things will prevent it for a while but it will most probably keep coming back if you suffer from it now until you're passed your teenaged years.

Chaz
06-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Argh The Spots!

There Evil things! All Yoo Can Do Is wash Your face With Spot Clensers!

Victimized
06-10-2005, 07:41 PM
I use facial wipes pretty much everyday and im starting to use facial cream everyday and i still got them all on my forehead! Its so damn annoying!
Especially when u wake up on a school morning to find like 5 massive ones that are so big that they should be paying rent to be living on your head!

Eamonn
06-10-2005, 08:24 PM
Go doctors thats what i did in the end

RedStratocas
06-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Go doctors thats what i did in the end

I dont want to make a huge deal about it, but thats what I might do.

Victimized
07-10-2005, 07:14 PM
My mum said if mine dont get better i might have to go doctors coz my dad had it really bad when he was a teenager and it might be genetic :S

Code
07-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Its nasty when ppl have like REALLY bad acne and their face looks like all chewed up.

-Will

Shampoo
08-10-2005, 10:13 AM
heres what to do!

cut down on unhealthy food
drink loads of water
wash your face with one cleanser hopefully one of those fruit kernal scrubs
eat fruit
do excercise
make sure your skin is never really greasy so wash your face when you sweat
i did all that and it went away and i had pretty bad spots and i lost weight
woop!

Tommy
08-10-2005, 10:15 AM
I get like 1 spot, like a month, and i run around screaming "AMAGADZ I GOT A SPOT!"
I just put after shave on it it burns like hell but it dries the spot out and i can carry on living life =)

Pulchritudinous
08-10-2005, 12:55 PM
Im sure many of you (including myself) are dying to know how to deal with certain types of acne. Just post your case here, Ill start off.

I dont have that bad of acne, but a few days ago my face started turning red and pealing like crazy. It might be the stuff I put on my face overnight, but Ive been using it a while and it hasent hurt yet. Any ways on how to at least getting rid of the red? If you can name stuff that isnt products, maybe some homemade stuff, that would be best:)

Do you have the spots or just red skin? Because you sound a bit like you have had an allergic reaction, put some of the cream on the crease of your arm and see if anything unusual happens, if not go and see your doctor.

I had an allergic reaction to some cleansing wipes would you believe it, and your skin sounds like its in the same condition as mine was.

RedStratocas
08-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Do you have the spots or just red skin? Because you sound a bit like you have had an allergic reaction, put some of the cream on the crease of your arm and see if anything unusual happens, if not go and see your doctor.

I had an allergic reaction to some cleansing wipes would you believe it, and your skin sounds like its in the same condition as mine was.

I think I found out what happened, I think the stuff I put on my face every night before bed, I didnt wash off all the way and it kinda burned my skin overnight. Thanks for the advice though. (Not an allergic reaction, says on the bottle not to leave it on for more that 1 minute.

Rich.Boy
08-10-2005, 03:37 PM
heres what to do!

cut down on unhealthy food
drink loads of water
wash your face with one cleanser hopefully one of those fruit kernal scrubs
eat fruit
do excercise
make sure your skin is never really greasy so wash your face when you sweat
i did all that and it went away and i had pretty bad spots and i lost weight
woop!

Excercise and what you eat have nothing to do with it. Its been prooven.

Id reccomend Freederm Gell as that works fairly well. Its about £7 for a lil tube but its worth it.

RedStratocas
08-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Eating wrong has nothing to do with it (proven), but excersizing helps, but not directly. Excersizing cuts down on stress, and stress causes pimples. Again, that isnt direct and Im not sure how much it cuts down on stress.

Eamonn
08-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Excercise and what you eat have nothing to do with it. Its been prooven.

Id reccomend Freederm Gell as that works fairly well. Its about £7 for a lil tube but its worth it.
Eugh freederm i ordered that its rubbish made them worse and more redder

Rachi
08-10-2005, 05:11 PM
my friends acne had taken over her face ;oooooo
i havnt got it
*hopes i dont hav it*
;P

ReInfected
08-10-2005, 05:45 PM
ProActive..I heard thats the # 1 effective stuff for acne..all the Celebs uses it..Also bathing in HOT water or going into a Hot Tub..It clears the hell outta ur pours..

RedStratocas
08-10-2005, 07:19 PM
ProActive..I heard thats the # 1 effective stuff for acne..all the Celebs uses it..Also bathing in HOT water or going into a Hot Tub..It clears the hell outta ur pours..

I heard about that proactive, but its a lot of money for 3 8-oz bottles that you use at the same time. You would probably have to keep ordering, and the celebs can probably get them in seconds if they wanted to. Im not saying it doesnt work well, probably does, but I dont want to spend tons of money.

ilovejordan
08-10-2005, 07:46 PM
I think the best way to get rid of acne is to wash your face thoroughly like 3 or more times a day.

RedStratocas
08-10-2005, 08:17 PM
I think the best way to get rid of acne is to wash your face thoroughly like 3 or more times a day.

With what? I do have anti backterial stuff, but pimples still come. That isnt my biggest problem now though. I got this huge burn next to my nose from leaving some of that cream there overnight.

Pulchritudinous
09-10-2005, 08:17 AM
I think I found out what happened, I think the stuff I put on my face every night before bed, I didnt wash off all the way and it kinda burned my skin overnight. Thanks for the advice though. (Not an allergic reaction, says on the bottle not to leave it on for more that 1 minute.

Lol! Sorry that's cruel of me.

I have actually done something simular, I put a nose strip on my nose, fell asleep watching Legally Blonde, and then woke up, peeled it off and it had done the same sort of thing, aswell as taking off some skin.

Eamonn
09-10-2005, 01:46 PM
You make it sound easy to get rid of spots but it does'nt excacly work like that

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!