PDA

View Full Version : Birthdates

annabanana
16-10-2004, 11:21 PM
On habbo birthdates are now a form of identification and should not be given out yet when registering for habboxforum i had to enter my birthdate. Ok fair enough, habbox is an official fansite im sure that its safe... Well actually no it isn't. Every who looks in my profile can see my d.o.b (Good job i put a fake one in). Dont you think this needs dealing with?

Arcanum
17-10-2004, 07:02 AM
Okay, to start, Habbox is an official fansite, and I understand where you're coming from but I'll teach you a little trick ;) When registering, don't put the year you were born. So when you click on the person's profile, it only shows the date and not the year.

Eg. 1st October 1901 <--Lol :D

Erase the year: 1st October

Simple :)

annabanana
17-10-2004, 12:41 PM
Okay, to start, Habbox is an official fansite, and I understand where you're coming from but I'll teach you a little trick ;) When registering, don't put the year you were born. So when you click on the person's profile, it only shows the date and not the year.

Eg. 1st October 1901 <--Lol :D

Erase the year: 1st October

Simple :)
But most people will say how old they are so you can work out the year quite easily.

Edit:
I ment no it isn't safe. Not no it isn't an official fansite

Arcanum
18-10-2004, 02:21 AM
But most people will say how old they are so you can work out the year quite easily.

Edit:
I ment no it isn't safe. Not no it isn't an official fansite

Aah, but that's where you can stop it. It's your own fault if you give out your birthdate. Why would you give it out if you don't think it's safe? :s

sierk
19-10-2004, 02:06 PM
We have hidden birthdays now, but in general you should always enter a fake birthday, use a different password from the one from habbo, and a different email from the one from habbo (you shouldn't use your habbo email for anything else).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!