View Full Version : Your opinion on 'Spam'

Biseinen
07-10-2005, 05:23 PM
Here are the rules of this thread:

1: No insulting.
2: No spamming. ;) (Ironic, isn't it?)
3: Respect everyone's opinions.

My Opinion

In my time online (Since my 14th birthday) I've been Admin, Moderator, Super Moderator of many forums, and many different websites.

Some of you may know my work in the gaming community since I gained Counselor position on Tibia and GML on FFXI. My modding days go back to 2001 on FFGON (Final Fantasy Gods Oblivion) Where I spent the best part of my time, I was a Member there till 47,000 posts, then I became a Moderator, then SuperMod. I've been dealing with what I think Spam is for the past 2 and a half so years so I should know what I'm talking about? Right? Wrong. It's an opinion which I've just seem to have learnt after 4 years... Spam in everyone's eyes is different and can be classifyed as 'Fun spam' And 'Spam' Spam which needs to be deleted and just is an annoyance to most people.

I would like to apologise to Miny-R and to Carlos for making that thread; because I'm such the guy who believes that one should be all, (In other words, if I do something which benifits the forum, in this case, not spam, you should follow the example I set). I cannot make you therefore I am sorry.

In my opinion, you both still spam like theres no tommorow and in that thread you made "Trunks..." Was a prime example.
It was pointless and had no meaning, you were basicly proving what I was trying to say all along.

You can spam all you want because I give up on telling people 'Hey, you're spamming' It's up the person to realise that they are, and that they can stop. I still didn't take into consideration that most people here are under 16 which I should of.

Spam to me is something which has no relevance to set forum, set sub-forum or set place. In which is why I always take out my 'Spam anger' on you, Miny-R because you do spam in my opinion so I tell you to stop, then you carry on making more threads/posts with the same agender and that annoys me, well I'm sorry, I shouldn't tell you how to post... even if I do think it's bad.

Anywho, leave your opinion on what spam is here.

-CC

zak-x
07-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Because they have nothing better to do xD

Luayminator
07-10-2005, 05:31 PM
Well said trunks I kind off agree :D

KCMac
07-10-2005, 05:37 PM
I dont like spam. Forum messages should be well developed and worthwhile. If you dont have anything good to say then dont say it at all </3

Bef
07-10-2005, 05:49 PM
I don't think i spam... i see silly things in my eyes spam is comments like
Thats good (On alts or things)
Sometimes i go a bit crazy and off topic... but thats not spam...

Anyway, i personally think we should have a spam section for people to talk about random crud. this subforum would not affect post count.... and then if anyone spams in any other section they should have the post count cut. This will avoid people spamming to get post count up. Alot of other forums have a similar thing and it seems to work.

EletricMornings
07-10-2005, 05:52 PM
what bef said
i just like to have FUN
ever heard of that?

Biseinen
07-10-2005, 05:52 PM
But we all know what those admins are like... Lazy. :p

Edit: Yes, I've heard of that but seeing threads like your thread "I need a pee", thats not 'fun', thats pointless and annoying.
The forum is for everyone and should be kept spam free.

If I lived on your street and started playing music at midnight affecting your sleep and just said "Hey, I'm just having fun..." What would you say? Something I'm guessing "TURN IT OFF NOW!" And if I didn't, you would call the police to deal with me and ask me to stop (Like forum Moderators do for spam).

Just because you think spamming up the forum is 'fun' others don't.

EletricMornings
07-10-2005, 05:53 PM
*grumbles* not spectate *grumbles*

Digital
07-10-2005, 05:56 PM
I love both Miny and Carlos but sometimes they do spam but you dont have to make 20 threads a day ;\

Biseinen
07-10-2005, 05:57 PM
(Pointed at ElectricMorning): Like that... What was that about?! That's a completly stupid post and it has no point to it what so ever. : /

Edit: I've made 2 out of the whole time I've been here.

Digital
07-10-2005, 05:59 PM
Like that... What was that about?! That's a completly stupid post and it has no poit to it what so ever. : /
That was a post for "me" yes me not you ;] you dont own the forum its up to Admin's to stop spam posts making threads about spam is spam.

EletricMornings
07-10-2005, 06:00 PM
dont worry
and its important my i need a pee ones
you ever looked insiiiiide them

Mr.Kylee
07-10-2005, 06:00 PM
Pointless duh and really annoying. It's okay..we all spam sometimes but some members just seem to do it ALL THE TIME.

Doing my head in ;/

it's like I open a thread about ''do you like the new X show'' and after 10mins people would talk about ''do you like cheese'' on it. << example

Digital
07-10-2005, 06:02 PM
Pointless duh and really annoying. It's okay..we all spam sometimes but some members just seem to do it ALL THE TIME.

Doing my head in ;/
Whats with the name change? ;\

Wootzeh
07-10-2005, 06:02 PM
Spam : people that just post ;l continuously or something that is not on topic to the thread.
AAnd emily u really think we need to know that u need to 'pee'?

Biseinen
07-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Like what I'm saying... 2 pages in and already ElectricMorning and Crana have come in declaring and defying others opinions.

[Closed due to people's maturity]

Admins don't do bannings, SM's do and theres not enough of them.

EletricMornings
07-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Kylee can i call you kylie
erm *trys to think of something smart to say*

Tommy
07-10-2005, 06:04 PM
Omg trunks will you get over it! People spam, end of!
I personally can make a civilised or "long" comment, and i do! But i dont get the whole point of banning someone for having fun! So what someone posts one line replies, get over it! Just scim past there posts! Or use a report button, but you are literally spamming with youre repetitive and annoying threads!
That annoys you well this annoys me! If you dont like it go somewhere else, you just so fussy!

Wootzeh
07-10-2005, 06:05 PM
Kylee can i call you kylie
erm *trys to think of something smart to say*
See, spamming.

Biseinen
Like that! ElectricMorning, you are one of those people who spams ALL THE TIME.

Pointless post, annoying poster.

EletricMornings
Yeah all your ooh i hate spammer posts are annoying yano

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!