PDA

View Full Version : - I'm too dayam shy! -

Pulchritudinous
08-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Okay so, when I first meet people I'm basically just really shy!

I don't know what to do really I just moved to Australia, and I'm obviously starting a new school! Eeek.

I'm mostly shy around boys, actually make that just boys.

Any advice!!??

ChloeDust
08-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Omi, i am exactly the same Pulchri im shy around some girls let alone *cause im generally a shy person* but even worse around boys, unless i know them very well or something, i just freak out and feel really awkward and uncomfortable and find it hard to start a conversation and it's just like :l if im in the room alone with a boy i feel really akward and just :S odd lol i really hate being shy, i wish i was confident x[

Code
08-10-2005, 01:57 PM
I wish i was more confident around girls xD

NekkLe
08-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Lol, I'm quite shy when I'm with people I don't know. It gets really annoying because it gets in the way of questions and answers:@
I'm literally the same with girls, unless I know them, I'm ok but if I don't, Damn shyness!
I'm generally ok with making friends. My advice is to try and relax a little more, you'll feel alot better and you will be able to speak without stuttering :rolleyes:

I think that being shy sometimes is a good aspect in life.

RedStratocas
08-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Be yourself is all that you can do... I suggest listening to audioslave:p But seriously, be yourself, check everyone out at first and make sure you dont get in with the wrong people, but just talk, it doesnt have to be about anything specific.

You should think of it as a clean slate. Im not saying I wish I moved, but It would be like you can be yourself, not have to hide anything. No one knows who you are, so you can be whoever you want to be.

HellyBelly
08-10-2005, 03:08 PM
I wish i was more confident around girls xD
Same, but I'm shy with everyone xD

YellowParasol
08-10-2005, 03:13 PM
im quite confident around Girls :P

$@m
08-10-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm so shy around everyone I don't know. I never audition for school plays because of my shyness.

ReInfected
08-10-2005, 05:48 PM
I have a good sene of humor soo that makes me good :)

Victimized
08-10-2005, 06:16 PM
I wish i was alot more confident with girls.
Everyone gets the good-looking girls coz im too afraid of asking them out. :S

ilovejordan
08-10-2005, 06:24 PM

I don't know what to do really I just moved to Australia, and I'm obviously starting a new school! Eeek.

Any advice!!??
Ooh your so lucky movin to australia :o
Hm, my advice is try to relax. Boys can be mates too not just potential bfs so treat them that way :)

RedStratocas
08-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Not all guys want to be your boyfriend, just put it that way. Not in a bad way am I saying that, just dont think that because a guy talks to you a lot means he wants to go out:P

Owen
09-10-2005, 12:52 AM
I can be shy and i can be not shy :rolleyes:

Pulchritudinous
09-10-2005, 01:56 AM
Not all guys want to be your boyfriend, just put it that way. Not in a bad way am I saying that, just dont think that because a guy talks to you a lot means he wants to go out:P

Yeah, when I lived in England my friend said to me 'I wish I was as confident as you', and I was like whatttt??!!
The thing is I don't come across shy, but really I am, I know what people are like in England, you know how to be etc, but I don't know what people are like here!
I kinda chatted to some people yesterday and Australians seem really friendly so I probably don't have anything to worry about, it's just the starting a new school thing is so freakin nerve-wracking.

RedStratocas
09-10-2005, 02:19 AM
Music is a good topic. If you can get the topic on music somehow, you can get people talking with you forever, or at least thats the way it is at my school.

Pulchritudinous
09-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Music is a good topic. If you can get the topic on music somehow, you can get people talking with you forever, or at least thats the way it is at my school.

Yep, apart from I like the saddest music going, that dates back to the 50's and 60's.

I think I might just go and drown myself now.

ChloeDust
09-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Lol i'm sure you'll be fine, my parents apparently were going to move to australier before i was born but they decided not too, i wish they did, i'd be australian, how cool would that be x[

kaut
09-10-2005, 02:06 PM
Hmmm... I usually did my own thing in school not really because I was shy but because I didn't like anyone around me :P I didn't find like minds til I got to college.

All you can really do is be yourself. Since you're at school a good topic to start talking to people about would be school work. And then go from there. And keep telling yourself if they don't want to talk to you then they're not worth your time... don't become big headed but try to have some confidence in yourself.

Butterfly-Fairy
09-10-2005, 04:12 PM
im shy 2, wen im shy, i hardly talk. if i just finished a relationship, it takes me ages 2 get over my shyness 2 a new guy cuz i need 2 get confortable with him n i hate it wen u go 2 a disco n u like a guy n ur mate asks him 2 pull u, i get extremely shy.

Y!
09-10-2005, 04:15 PM
Most boys are shy of girls at a younger age if girls act more confident which they tend to then it should help you around them.

tbh imo no m8
09-10-2005, 04:35 PM
specie are you shy of girls???

Pulchritudinous
10-10-2005, 01:52 AM
Most boys are shy of girls at a younger age if girls act more confident which they tend to then it should help you around them.

Hmm yeah I've never really thought about that before.
I've been thinking about my first day there, and I'm just gonna go in, chat to everyone, and get to know everyone quickly, that way I won't be shy to make friends, cause I'll have a rough idea how everyone is.

q25
13-10-2005, 02:06 AM
Im shy also :P thats not bad lol, just try to have fun

Vivianne
13-10-2005, 03:30 AM
i was shy before and last year(grade 6) i wash in the same class as one of my best friend and i wasnt shy anymore i just realize that when im with my friend im not shy(and for some reason im with my other friend im still kinda shy not that outgoing when im with my oher friend) also my grade 6 teacher tauch the whole class how to be more active and outgoing turns out i was the only one who got over my shyness -.-

Yazamiinx
14-10-2005, 05:31 PM
Shyness, has a lot to do with the mind.
What you need to do, is next time you meet someone; try not to think about being shy, and remember what could happen? Nothing will not happen, if its a boy act it cool. If its a girl; remember to have self confidence in yourself, and remember to NOT think about BEING shy. Your sub-concious will take into account that you're thinking about being Shy too much, therefore it will make you psychologically feel shy. ^_^ Hope that helped.

Rachi
14-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Im not really shy at all Lol.
If i meet someone new just start asking how they are

Yayse
14-10-2005, 10:54 PM

Any advice!!??

same =[ i'm generally shy around anyone i don't know, its like totally impossible for me to get a bf i'm too self concious and boring, because i don't speak, lol.. sigh so very tragic xD

Shyness, has a lot to do with the mind.
What you need to do, is next time you meet someone; try not to think about being shy, and remember what could happen? Nothing will not happen, if its a boy act it cool. If its a girl; remember to have self confidence in yourself, and remember to NOT think about BEING shy. Your sub-concious will take into account that you're thinking about being Shy too much, therefore it will make you psychologically feel shy. ^_^ Hope that helped.

wow lol just read that and it actually did help ^^

Christa
14-10-2005, 10:55 PM
How does this have to do with health..

.Lynn
14-10-2005, 10:57 PM
How does this have to do with health..
"Health Tips and ADVICE"

Yayse
14-10-2005, 10:57 PM
"Health Tips and ADVICE"

lmao gooo caps lock x']

Christa
14-10-2005, 10:58 PM
"Health Tips and ADVICE"
Advice about health. How does being shy have to do with your health?

RedStratocas
14-10-2005, 11:08 PM

Mental health? Duh.

Christa
14-10-2005, 11:09 PM
Mental health? Duh.
;l Lol, right.

Homesrfan
15-10-2005, 03:48 AM
Yeah, I'm really shy.
What I find to be helpful is just to smile and if someone tells a joke, laugh. :) And maybe just say something if you here a conversation going on.

Pulchritudinous
16-10-2005, 01:34 AM

I figured that but I wanted advice so bleugh.
Does it matter?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!