PDA

View Full Version : Little known facts about... Blur

Jõnathan
10-10-2005, 05:44 PM
This is a compiled list of a few rare facts about blur.
Here we go!

Blur were orginally called Seymour.
Graham was actually born at the Rinteln Military Hosplital in West Germany, and his full name is Graham Lesley Coxon. Alex's full name is Steven Alex James. Damon has no middle name.
Song 2 is on FIFA 98: RTWC becuase Graham said "The Guardian had said football's OK."
The yooungest is Graham, and the oldest is Dave. Graham is 36 and Dave is 41. Damon is 37 and Alex is 37 in November.
Dave says he's an internet pedestrian. he is the only one not to have a child.
Hidden tracks on the Blur albums include: The Great Escape- Instrumental at the end of Yuko and Hiro which sounds like an Ernold Same instrumental, Blur- Instrumental at the end of Essex Dogs, don't know what it is about, Think Tank- My White Noise, found by rewinding from track 1. Phil Daniels (Parklife vocalist) sings the verses. My White Noise was originally to be called "Darklife". P.S. "Intermission" and "Commercial Break" do not count as they are in the track listings.
The M.O.R. video features anagrams of the band's names ie Morgan C. Hoax- Graham Coxon, Lee Jaxsam- Alex James, Trevor Dewane- Dave Rowntree and Dan Abnormal (song on The Great Escape)- Damon Albarn (Dan is Damon's pseudonym)
The link between Blur and REM is when Blur previewed Charmless Man at REM's 1995 Milton Keynes concert.
The Great Escape back cover photo was used to promote spectacles in Hong Kong.
Bristol graffitist Banksy did the Think Tank cover and back.
Blur have recorded songs in Morocco and Iceland.
There is an odd noise in the middle of "There's No Other Way", which sounds like someone laughing really freakily.
At first thought, "Tracy Jacks" (Parklife) sounds like a story about a transvestite- well it's not. Graham drew the picture of a guy playing golf in a dress and heels.
Graham has only ever played a saxophone on "Parklife"
The traffic report at the end of "London Loves" comes from BBC GLR (Greater London Radio). Icelandic radio can be heard at the start of "Strange News From Another Star)
"The Debt Collector" would originally have lyrics. Unfortunately, Damon couldn't fit any words to it.
Lot 105's only line is "18 times a week, girl hahahahaha!"
"This Is A Low" was nearly left off Parklife until Damon got a silk handkerchief from Alex with shipping areas on. They listened to the shipping forecast frequently, as the line "On the Tyne, Forth and Cromarty, there's a low in the high forties" shows.
Graham did most of the work on 13, but left the band after that.
Matt Lucas appears in the "Country House" video as the doctor. He is then knocked out by a handbag.If you want to know more, reply on this thread and I'll tell you more!

beth
11-10-2005, 11:15 AM
Blur, Damien Albarn [ or whatever ] right?
The guy behind the Gorillaz?

Victimized
11-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Yeah he's in Gorillaz i like his Blur stuff alot better though.

beth
11-10-2005, 03:00 PM
Yeah Blur were great.
My mom used to love them when I was younger so i'd be around their stuff alot.
xD

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!