PDA

View Full Version : Your views on R.E

Stacey.
11-10-2005, 05:41 PM
What are your views on R.E? Do you really think we should take it as a requirement GCSE?

Georgia
11-10-2005, 05:45 PM
I would say it realyyyyyyy important but yea i like it.
The last 2 years ive had re ive thought ahh how boring is this and didnt listen to anything, but this year it has really been quite interesting and we have a lot of disucussions and a really nice teacher ( my mates mom :P lol)

:.bEx.:
11-10-2005, 05:46 PM
I dont hate the subject.
But i dont think it should be made compulsary etc as some ppl dislike it and its not as important as the main core subjects.

MsTanya
11-10-2005, 06:11 PM
R.e's easy "/ Dont really have to do much so I dont really mind

charmed..
11-10-2005, 06:12 PM
i think it is ok r.e. because in my class u just mess about :D gr8 init

Stacey.
11-10-2005, 06:22 PM
Lucky people, you actually have nice teachers! I have this horrid teacher, she used to be my tutor, luckily she isn't anymore! Anyway, I have her for work relate aswell! Boohoo...

I'd only been in for 2 lessons, one lesson I wrote on paper, the other I had a supply, then I went on holiday, when I came back, she was setting an assessment! She has it in for me...
I got a D though... not bad for 1 sentence per question!

Rosie
11-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Nope! i abserlutly hate it the teacher has a grudge on me for no reason and i just dont like the stuff we do and everyhitng im not into it! YA GET ME ;D

joeyjo21
11-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Im glad i learnt it because otherwise id have no clue about religion and peoples faiths. But i didnt carry on and take it for GCSE because i preffered the other subjects to it.

$@m
11-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Definately not. In my oppinion you should have a choice weather or not you study Religous Education.

Twenty.one
11-10-2005, 07:58 PM
I dont think we should have to take R.E. also depends on what type of school you go to. to me its an easy credit but my teachers are :( not very good teachers.

Anyway you should have a choice wether or not you should have to take R.E.

Jamie
11-10-2005, 08:17 PM
R.E is a waste of time, our teacher isnt strict so it's just a free lesson. ;l

Mentor
11-10-2005, 08:18 PM
Religion is kinda pointlss, if people want to study it they should do it in there own time, not waste school time wich could be used leanring somthing that may actaly be useful to people "/

0verRide
11-10-2005, 08:19 PM
i say it is important, but it depends on what religion you are and what school you go to, i go to a catholic school so it would be an important subject to learn, its not all bad really

Fingerboots
11-10-2005, 08:20 PM
No.

It's even worse, considering it's compulsary at my school. Of course, all of the Christians get A* as that is ALL we ever study. They couldn't force it down you're throat any more than they do.

I think it should still be a GCSE subject, as people may want to study it, but definately not compulsary.

Eamonn
11-10-2005, 08:43 PM
Yes deffently R.S all the way <3 its a good subject one of my faves <33333333

Mentor
11-10-2005, 08:47 PM
No.

It's even worse, considering it's compulsary at my school. Of course, all of the Christians get A* as that is ALL we ever study. They couldn't force it down you're throat any more than they do.

I think it should still be a GCSE subject, as people may want to study it, but definately not compulsary.
Id agree with that :D

Rachi
11-10-2005, 08:53 PM
In my views its :
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zz

KickerFliper
11-10-2005, 08:57 PM
R.E

Hmmm.....Well, the learning bit was boring until we got the better teacher who aloud us to reinact Jonah and the Whale, never knew he was attacked by rampaging Pirates and Cowboys and Indians, we shot the whale ;P

:-Rico-
16-10-2005, 10:11 AM
My RE teacher is just rubbish. She gave my mates a punny for being 3-4 minutes late and said they missed 20 minutes. It is one of my least fav subjkects and it should defo not be a compulsory subject. They treat people who are religious different.I am not religious so she has a moan when I forget my homework whilst a christian forgets it.....it's ok bring it in next week

$@m
16-10-2005, 12:28 PM
Luckily for me, my school does not provide RE lessons, but I remember it from my old school.

:Jamie
17-10-2005, 02:26 PM
RE in my school yr 9 10 and 11 we did nothing the only years i did RE was yr 7 and 8 we just watched videos or bunked the lesson of the teacher left coz he knew the school lacked in RE so we ended up with supplys techers. I wa in a low class so we wasnt entered into the RE exam i was happy about that

Mentor
17-10-2005, 10:45 PM
My RE teacher is just rubbish. She gave my mates a punny for being 3-4 minutes late and said they missed 20 minutes. It is one of my least fav subjkects and it should defo not be a compulsory subject. They treat people who are religious different.I am not religious so she has a moan when I forget my homework whilst a christian forgets it.....it's ok bring it in next week
Yea, im not religios and my rss teacher hated me "/ i was predicted an d "/ But HAHA to her i got an A anyhow, eveyone did freaky well since the exame marker oviosly was a fantic who marked anything the slitist anti god with an F "/

Baving
22-10-2005, 09:27 PM
I don't personally think that we should take it at GCSE level, but say if you are going for a job, and you needed say 6GCSE passes the RE result might just be the one that gets you the job. Last years yr 11, some of them got bad marks in some of their exams and it was their RE exam that got them into college.

adidas™
23-10-2005, 08:59 PM
No offence to religious people or watever but i dont think we "Should" have R.E because i find it kind of boring ;)

Mentor
23-10-2005, 11:11 PM
No offence to religious people or watever but i dont think we "Should" have R.E because i find it kind of boring ;)
it being boarding is much of reason, but i also dont think we should have it on the grounds, it dosnt contribute any value and its pointless.

Fingerboots
23-10-2005, 11:53 PM
it being boarding is much of reason, but i also dont think we should have it on the grounds, it dosnt contribute any value and its pointless.
Here here! That's why I reckon they made it compulsary at my school, because if it was optional, no one would take it. :rolleyes:

icebox12
24-10-2005, 12:12 AM
I think we should have to learn it.

It shows us different ways in what has happend and how this world was created ect.

Remember poverty ect. are all part of the Religious side of things, as everything happens for a reason. Every cause has a cause and nothing can be done by it.

I am also good at rs lol :D

Mentor
24-10-2005, 12:20 AM
I think we should have to learn it.

It shows us different ways in what has happend and how this world was created ect.

What has happened has only happened in one way :s and this world was also only created in one way, theres only one of them.

Remember poverty ect. are all part of the Religious side of things, as everything happens for a reason. Every cause has a cause and nothing can be done by it.

Yea, but thats only a theary with no backing what so ever, and has no real realtion to anything in realty? plus most of that didnt actaly make much sence, i think you were looking for the every action has a reaction phase "/

I am also good at rs lol :D
I got an A in it so cant be that bad, but dosnt change how stupid and pointless the subject is "/

Fingerboots
24-10-2005, 01:49 AM
I got an A in it so cant be that bad, but dosnt change how stupid and pointless the subject is "/
Which is why people love it, as it's such a doss lesson you can get good grades in.

Mit
24-10-2005, 07:53 AM
I think RE is okay. It teaches people to respect other people's religions and for people who are religious they want to learn RE.

RE can get you a job in the future, it may seem bad but some companies choose people if they think they are religious or are from their religion.

I think RE is quite difficult as you have to say the right thing to get good marks :)

Mentor
24-10-2005, 03:12 PM
I think RE is okay. It teaches people to respect other people's religions and for people who are religious they want to learn RE.

Actaly i never heard anything in the lesson other than im going to hell becuse i dont follow cristanty? i woulnt call that respect for other religoons, jsut **** about one of them "/

RE can get you a job in the future, it may seem bad but some companies choose people if they think they are religious or are from their religion.
Ive yet to ever even hear of an empoyer looking for an rss qualfication, never lown actaly know of one.

GoldenBiscuit
26-10-2005, 03:52 PM
I enjoy RE, only becuase we got a teacher which we can misbehave with, and not get in trouble. :P
Ynwa <33

Bodice
27-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Nope. I don't think that we should have to do it because it isn't that important. If we wanted to do it we could have chosen it for our option's. We used to get R.E in year 7, 8 and 9 and not year 10. Now we get it in year 11. :( I find it boring.

Steph
28-10-2005, 12:53 PM
i didn't used to mind it but now i hate the teacher i have so i hate r.e now. i go to a catholic school so r.e is seen as an important lesson...yeah whatever.

FrozenWhisper
28-10-2005, 01:39 PM
I'm what you called Athiest. I don't enjoy it :(.

Exorcize
28-10-2005, 01:42 PM
it ok cause its a laugh

Bear-Max
30-10-2005, 01:46 PM
It's not compulsary at my school.

Although it was an enjoyable subject in years 7, 8 and 9, it was a bit pointless. I'm not a religious person at all, and learning about religion isn;t going to help me at all.

Tipped
30-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Completely Pointless Unless You Wanna Be A Monk Or Summat Chance In That 1 In 1000? Well Whats Church For If U Wanna Learn About As I Dont.. But It's A Fun Lesson 2 Mess About In :d :d

Ree
30-10-2005, 05:17 PM
I dont hate the subject.
But i dont think it should be made compulsary etc as some ppl dislike it and its not as important as the main core subjects.

I LOVE U CAUSE U HAVE SHAYNE IN UR AV <3333333333

Wizzdom
30-10-2005, 05:17 PM
no we shudnt because its ridiculous but then again it is important if your going into law , doctors etc

Mentor
31-10-2005, 01:39 AM
no we shudnt because its ridiculous but then again it is important if your going into law , doctors etc
wich is why people are saying it should be optinal, the thing thats annoying is that ins compucry

ilovejordan
31-10-2005, 10:08 AM
I think it should be an option as from year 9..
Not everyones gna become a vicar or a doctor or go into law etc.

/Rossco\
05-11-2005, 04:29 AM
i think its really bad that its compulsary after 2nd year as Most people who dont want to take the subject wont bother doing the work anyway(like me:o ) and its just a class to muck about it when i done it. No point in it, better to replace that period with maths or english.

Becky.
05-11-2005, 11:12 AM
i think r.es ok, but it aint essential, lol i h8 my r.e teacher, she piks on my best friend lol

Lindzi
05-11-2005, 12:53 PM
I find R.E quite boring as I'm sure many people probably do But I still think we should take it so we learn about other peoples beliefs and thoughts about god and what do you mean by optional? like you choose if you want to take it or not in year seven?

Owen
05-11-2005, 12:57 PM
I got R.E for one year, then i left it for modern studies "/

Victimized
05-11-2005, 01:29 PM
Its a complete waste of time.

-Aporetic
07-11-2005, 07:18 PM
I guess it isent really needed, but it IS a really good GCSE to get and would look good on a reference along with other GCSE's :)

Tash.
07-11-2005, 10:30 PM
I've been forced to take it for GCSE but they say its only a half. So i do all the work + gain only a half of a GCSE :S

Rebuild
07-11-2005, 11:05 PM
I don't like RE. It's kinda boring and I hate how my teacher is like:

'When your older, you'll realise everything we've discussed is real and true.'

Because it's obviously been proved. ¬_¬

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!