PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] 24h for "asking for msn details..."

JoeyK.
17-10-2005, 08:29 AM
Yeah, i was in a room with one of my rl friends, and i told him to get on msn so i could show him a pic.

Two minutes later, banned for "asking for msn and/or instant messanger details."

Yes, telling somone to get on it is really asking for their adress, isn't it?

Oh, and btw, if any of you hobbas, mods, or staff are reading, please learn that you DO NOT NEED TO CAPITALIZE EVERY WORD, and you may also want to learn how to spell.

Not that it bothers me all that much, not going on for a day, but it's more of the fact that it just isn't fair...

Carlos
17-10-2005, 10:30 AM
You have to be really careful about what you say these days.

Even mentioning "google.co.uk" could get your account in danger of being banned.

YellowParasol
17-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Mentioning Googly.co.uk can get you Banned? Rofl.

Carlos
17-10-2005, 11:13 AM
Mentioning Googly.co.uk can get you Banned? Rofl.

I've known a few people who have been banned for that.

You must be VERY careuful what you talk about.

JoeyK.
17-10-2005, 08:03 PM
Yes... From now on, i talk only over console unless i'm trading.

Well, i guess two bans in four years isn't all that bad... Even though i only deserved one of them...

:-Rico-
18-10-2005, 03:42 PM
I got banned for asking my mate his room name.Asking for personal details.....not ROFl

Blunte
18-10-2005, 04:02 PM
There will alway's be a power hungry hobba/staff/mod. You just have ot get used to it. ;>

cocaine
18-10-2005, 06:18 PM
It does seem a bit unfair, I was once banned for 'inappropriate chat' when I was doing exactly as you were, telling one of my friends to come online on msn so I could show them my new Green Day Display Picture.

JoeyK.
18-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Yeah, it's unfair, but we'll have to just get used to it-- the staff aren’t going to do anything about these hobbas that just look for reasons to ban people.

ilovejordan
19-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Yeah, i was in a room with one of my rl friends, and i told him to get on msn so i could show him a pic.

Two minutes later, banned for "asking for msn and/or instant messanger details."

Yes, telling somone to get on it is really asking for their adress, isn't it?

Oh, and btw, if any of you hobbas, mods, or staff are reading, please learn that you DO NOT NEED TO CAPITALIZE EVERY WORD, and you may also want to learn how to spell.

Not that it bothers me all that much, not going on for a day, but it's more of the fact that it just isn't fair...

I had that , Only i got permed :rolleyes:

Baving
19-10-2005, 04:23 PM
I think all cases like this should be investigated before any action is taken. As talking about display pictures etc, is not breaking the habbo way. If you were giving out address well that is completely different and a perm ban should be issues immediatly. But other cases should be investigated.

ilovejordan
19-10-2005, 04:47 PM
I think all cases like this should be investigated before any action is taken. As talking about display pictures etc, is not breaking the habbo way. If you were giving out address well that is completely different and a perm ban should be issues immediatly. But other cases should be investigated.

Well done.. [insert sarcasm here]

Victimized
19-10-2005, 04:51 PM
How were they to know that it was your real life friend?
You could have been a paedo who wanted to share a pic with someone.
I think they were right to ban you because they have to take every precaution they can to make sure we're safe.
I'm not saying your a paedo btw but if you were and they hadn't done nuffin then that would have been bad.

JoeyK.
21-10-2005, 08:40 PM
I'm complaining because i was banned for asking for details, was just telling him to get on.

Scrubs
24-10-2005, 04:49 PM
I think all cases like this should be investigated before any action is taken.

This is a good idea like the mod should wait in the room for a while to see what is happening incase it is a well "Fake" and then the mod can do what they do.

Barmi
27-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Rofl, they look for reasons to ban people, such as this, and yet they have hundreds of CFHs about things such as swearing, scamming, scripting, asking for email address etc. lined up. Why not answer them before assuming someone is asking for an email address when they tell you to log on? Sheesh.

Blinger1
27-10-2005, 03:23 PM
who cares? just go outside and loose some weight or get some exercise:)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!