PDA

View Full Version : Vies on these alton towers rides

Mit
17-10-2005, 07:31 PM
Ok saying i've been alton towers about 3 times in 3 years and i have never been on the following rides.

HEX
I went when this was at its most populare and the queue was huge but i couldnt be bothered to queue and i have never been on it. I always imagined it to be a poor ride and nothing special even though i havent been on it. Could anyone tell me what its like, unless its the one where the room seems to be moving etc...

Enterprise
This is like a wheel that spins rounds really fast. I always imgained i would have a headache , hence me never going on it. It looks okay but nothing special. Could any1 tell me what its like and if its worth going on?

Submission
I don't know why but nobody ever wants to go on it and it just seems like an average ride. Could people tell me hoew good it is?

-Soph-
17-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Hex is a good illusion, Its great if you dont like scary rides, can make you feel a bit dizzy though :p

Enterprise is well worth going on, it doesnt make you get a headache, and it isnt sickly at all, Its good because it has no shoulder restraints, Gravity all the way!

You want to know why no one likes submission?
The shoulder harnesses are SO uncomfortable, and they're really tight :p Notice when they go down peoples faces look so funny, like the Oooooooooooo kinda face ;p [you know what I mean] Apart from that, its an OK ride I suppose :p

Kardan
17-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Lmao. Hex is nothing. Yawn.

Concentric
17-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Hex is the spinning chamber where the walls of the room move seperately to the seating section to create balance/gravity illusions. I think it's really good but most people i know think it's naff.

-Soph-
17-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Hex is good, in its own way, its good if you know the true story behind it [I think it shows it in that video...]
but if you know about the tree in chains [what hex is all about] its all non-fiction :p and there is actually the tree in chains :p [its hidden in alton village, alton towers dont advertise is, because 1- People in alton village would complain - nothing new
2- if they did advertise it, it would propelly get vandalised and worn down...]

Mit
18-10-2005, 03:35 PM
yes now i think of it i have been on hex, thanks for the comments. :)

2hd.
18-10-2005, 06:09 PM
I might go on hex now...

-Soph-
19-10-2005, 04:22 PM
I think its Ok :p
myself, I prefer scary rides, but hex is clever how it runs with the illusions :p

Clo
23-10-2005, 11:33 PM
I've not been on hex, enterprise OR submission.
I prefered to go on the larger rides a number of times instead of wasting time on the smaller rides.
But I believed i've been on a ride similar to hex at blackpool, where you're all sat round a table and you spin upside down and you end up on the ceiling and things. (Well you think and feel like you're spinning but you're actually not, it's the room thats spinning) I wouldn't usually go on a sickly sort of ride like that but I didn't know what it was like till I got on it. I thought it would have been a rollercoaster or something, lmao. I got off green.

monkey0660
24-10-2005, 10:47 PM
hex isnt really a scary ride its full of mirrors and stuff its good i admit it scared me ****less the first time but the best bit is the spiny thing that makes you feel like u go upside down. but it didnt have the over shoulder harness so its illigal to go upside down without those :)

-Soph-
29-10-2005, 03:13 AM
. but it didnt have the over shoulder harness so its illigal to go upside down without those :)

you dont need shoulder harnesses to go upside down :p
the thunder looper that used to be at alton towers [I think its gone to a park in japan now...] that goes upside down, and that only had lap bars :p

monkey0660
12-11-2005, 11:31 AM
i think its agenst the law in england now tho

brodeo
12-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Hex was really nothing special. If you've been to drayton manor's haunted house its exactly the same. If you go to ug-land at about 20 to 5 you can go on corkscréw coaster without waiting in a queue - no-one bothers to ride it. I personally think it's a good ride just it hurts your head a lot from the banging on the sides. But i went on 5 times...

beth
13-11-2005, 04:00 AM
I like Hex, it was cool.
I like how it messed with peoples minds mwuahah

Hecho
14-12-2005, 12:22 AM
I Like MEssing With Peoples HEads :P:P:P:P:P

-Soph-
14-12-2005, 12:23 AM
i think its agenst the law in england now tho

it isnt ;o
*thinks*
theres a ride at my fair that has a lap bar and goes upside down [lots of times]

smallBOY68
18-03-2006, 01:26 AM
Hey

Hex....Well , well. AWSOME.

The ledgend behind hex is somewhat intresting. The tree can still be found today. However i dont know the location iv heard if you ask in nearbye pubs they could tell you directions to the site.

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/rides/hex/oaktree12.jpg
http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/rides/hex/oaktree06.jpg

:$

Webhamster
18-03-2006, 01:28 AM
You have to put me on a Rocket to make my adrenaline go, no rollercoaster fazes me.

JackBuddy
21-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Enterprise is pretty bog standard. Too many around!

Clo
20-05-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm going to Alton Towers in July I think. Last time I went was last May. I've been a couple of times but could anyone tell me if i'd get sick if i went on enterprise? Because i'm that kind of person. I get travel sick and stuff. I go on nemisis though, so i just wanna know really.. <3

JackBuddy
20-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Enterprise isn't worth the wait, there are better things to go on!
As long as you look ahead, and not out the carriage, you should be fine.

Halting
20-05-2006, 04:42 PM
HEX is about a very old story which has haunted Derby for some time.

Its goes something like this...
Theres two people walking through a forest and they come across this old lady, shes asks for money. They say no and she casts a spell on them. The spell was "For every branch that falls of this tree someone in your family will die a painfull death". And so later that night lightning strucks the tree and someone in their family dies. Then it happens a few more times until they wrap the tree up in metal chains so no more can fall down, but they do. Then eventually they take down the tree and put it somewhere hidden so nothing can happen to it.

Then Alton Towers found it, so they make out they did, and they made some ride for it. All the ride is is you go in this big hall and you sit down; in the middle is 'the tree'. Then basically the ride creates an illusion to the human eye-

It makes you look as if your going upside down but your not, really your just sitting there.
My review: 0/10 - absolutely rubbish but good story!

JackBuddy
20-05-2006, 06:53 PM
I thought it's chained because if A branch falls off someone dies or something like that...

Clo
05-06-2006, 01:49 AM
As long as you look ahead, and not out the carriage, you should be fine.

Lol i've been on everything else though. ;'[ Plus my friends always go on it, and i always chicken out because i always get ill from spinning. But i just wanted to know if it'd be ok if i went on it, if it does make you dizzy?

JackBuddy
05-06-2006, 02:50 PM
If you look straight ahead- no. :)
Seriously, NOT WORTH THE WAIT!

Flap
05-06-2006, 03:05 PM

I never have to queue for enterprise, Mind you ive not been on the weekend much before

Submissions good, Except the harnesses kill [Well I think they do..]

Hex is okay, not my kind of thing though

AdamCookie!
05-06-2006, 03:59 PM
I never have to queue for enterprise, Mind you ive not been on the weekend much before

Submissions good, Except the harnesses kill [Well I think they do..]

Hex is okay, not my kind of thing though
Submission harnesses are fine if you put your fists over where the bottom of the over head restraint will go, which gives you some breathing room. But you also have to make sure your quick enough to hold the blue bar off a little so it dosen't push the other restraint in! - Works fine for me, and is perfectly safe.

Flap
05-06-2006, 04:09 PM
i do that on all the other rides so I can move around in my seat quite a bit, But i tried to do that on submission and it didnt work..
So I got crushed ;D

AdamCookie!
05-06-2006, 04:36 PM
i do that on all the other rides so I can move around in my seat quite a bit, But i tried to do that on submission and it didnt work..
So I got crushed ;D

I did it on Oblivion and got kicked off because apparently I was being stupid :s

JackBuddy
05-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Submission harnesses are fine if you put your fists over where the bottom of the over head restraint will go, which gives you some breathing room. But you also have to make sure your quick enough to hold the blue bar off a little so it dosen't push the other restraint in! - Works fine for me, and is perfectly safe.
Same applies to Rameses' Revenge at Chessington. The restaints kill! I feel slighty claustraphobic in them!

Clo
05-06-2006, 06:42 PM
If you look straight ahead- no. :)
Seriously, NOT WORTH THE WAIT!

There is never a queue when we go.. :o

Flap
06-06-2006, 03:20 PM
I did it on Oblivion and got kicked off because apparently I was being stupid :s

Pmsll I always do it on oblivion, its funny because at the top you fall forward a little, but when it goes down the force pushes it in "/

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!