PDA

View Full Version : ^ Carreers - What do you plan to do later on in life? ^

NekkLe
17-10-2005, 09:32 PM
Well, I'm sure most of you are getting to the age of choosing your options for year 10 or are planning on College and University.
When I was in year 9-10 I had my future roughly planned out, go College, study Carpentry & Joinery. So far, looking at my future, things are looking planned out which is nice to know, a more comfortable look at life ahead.

So, whats your plans for the future, Careers e.g Computor Technician, teacher, sales person etc...

Mentor
17-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Im not realy sure, i prefer to make desions on a more spur of the moment basis, im not a big fan for planning etc "/

currantly a webdesigner looks like my best option, since its easy, freelance, and has very good pay :D

Forest-Law
17-10-2005, 09:40 PM
have no idea at the moment...

might go into media like editing perhaps even directing :D

hopefully i'll be lucky. buy a camera, get a few actor friends, write a script, and make a gud film. :D

if not tht something with computers....

NekkLe
17-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Im not realy sure, i prefer to make desions on a more spur of the moment basis, im not a big fan for planning etc "/

currantly a webdesigner looks like my best option, since its easy, freelance, and has very good pay :D

I feel organisation and planning play a key role in my life. I like to know what I'm doing next. Nice plans on jobs etc...:)

Mentor
17-10-2005, 09:49 PM
I feel organisation and planning play a key role in my life. I like to know what I'm doing next. Nice plans on jobs etc...:)
So your planing to be a carpenter ?

Meh i always play things by ear, planning aint a strong point of mine, i just go with the flow lol :D

Bef
17-10-2005, 09:53 PM
Ok Bef's big pipe dream...
As most of you no i am not in school, but i am doing my English, Media and Socialogy GCSE from home and a bit in alt ed. Anyway, im applying to do a beauty therapy course is collage next september, i dont no if i will get on it because my past record is pretty bad and its the best collage in Wales for Beauty therapy. Anyway, if i dont get in im going to do a GCSE or even an AS level (if they let me on) course in collage and hopefully get 7 more gcse's, Im also planning on doing a fashion and textiles course part time.
After that i want to take Fashion, Beauty and Buisness in Uni. I then want to open up my own salon, or even start up my own make up or clothing range....
God, im such a dreamer.

NekkLe
17-10-2005, 09:56 PM
So your planing to be a carpenter ?

Meh i always play things by ear, planning aint a strong point of mine, i just go with the flow lol :D

Lol, back when I was in year 9-10 I was planning to be one. Now, I'm basically learning to be one. Its good money if you know what your doing.
Maybe not to plan, but to know whats ahead of me is what I should have said, I like to know how things work instead of making mistakes without any knowing.

Knowing what the best ways of earning my money and making life comfortable makes me feel comfortable.

Mentor
17-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Ok Bef's big pipe dream...
As most of you no i am not in school, but i am doing my English, Media and Socialogy GCSE from home and a bit in alt ed. Anyway, im applying to do a beauty therapy course is collage next september, i dont no if i will get on it because my past record is pretty bad and its the best collage in Wales for Beauty therapy. Anyway, if i dont get in im going to do a GCSE or even an AS level (if they let me on) course in collage and hopefully get 7 more gcse's, Im also planning on doing a fashion and textiles course part time.
After that i want to take Fashion, Beauty and Buisness in Uni. I then want to open up my own salon, or even start up my own make up or clothing range....
God, im such a dreamer.
It may be advicable to apply to more than one place so u dont as the phrase goes, put all your eggs in one basket.
Then u have a fallback if something went wrong "/

-Paul
17-10-2005, 09:58 PM
The one question that confuses me :s

I realy don't know, i wish i did :(

Mentor
17-10-2005, 10:02 PM

U could go as im going, since all my as subjects were choosen simply out of genral interest than useage lol, aka philopshy, art, film studies and computing lol :D

Stay genral, and keep your options open would be my (possibly incorect) advice lol "/

NekkLe
17-10-2005, 10:02 PM

It's normal to feel that way, most of my friends don't know what they want to be doing in future. Like Mentor said "I like to go with the flow" which in some aspects, is probably the best.

As I'm learning Carpentry & Joinery, I may drift off with doing something else, planning cannot go smoothly, especially if its to do with your whole future.

Dirgeofcerberus
17-10-2005, 10:06 PM
I have mine sort of planned out.
Once I leave school im going to college to carry on with my artwork and get computer qualifications.

Im hoping to become a games designer and work for a sweet company like Square Enix or Nintendo. That would be sweet as hell. xD

Mentor
17-10-2005, 10:08 PM
I have mine sort of planned out.
Once I leave school im going to college to carry on with my artwork and get computer qualifications.

Im hoping to become a games designer and work for a sweet company like Square Enix or Nintendo. That would be sweet as hell. xD
Sounds cool, but id of exspected the need for collage level qualifctions to get a decent job in a comapny like that "/, collage would probly just get u a low level foot in the door type job i would of exspected, athogh i could be wrong "/

Dirgeofcerberus
17-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Sounds cool, but id of exspected the need for collage level qualifctions to get a decent job in a comapny like that "/, collage would probly just get u a low level foot in the door type job i would of exspected, athogh i could be wrong "/

Hmm, so I may need to go to university for more computer qualifications?
Hmm, something to be looked up.

NekkLe
17-10-2005, 10:11 PM

You start from the bottom and up ^
Well that how I look at things, College is a start, some further knowledge, qualifications then move up.

Mentor
17-10-2005, 10:14 PM
You start from the bottom and up ^
Well that how I look at things, College is a start, some further knowledge, qualifications then move up.
Im not sure wether i will being going in to Uni of leaveing after collage "/
i could potenalty get the webdeisgner job now, i mean im currlty empolyed as one already, athogh i work very slowy, and only do one off work currantly as im fitting it around collage "/
so again it will be somthing i decide on near the time i think "/

Bef
17-10-2005, 10:18 PM
It may be advicable to apply to more than one place so u dont as the phrase goes, put all your eggs in one basket.
Then u have a fallback if something went wrong "/

Yer thats what im going to do. My attendance record is really bad from when i was in school and thats one thing that collages look at. I think if i could just get on any course in the collage and proove to them that i will come every day and gove 100% then i should hopefully be able to get on the courses i want to next year and yer it doesnt hurt having extra qualifacations. :)

NekkLe
17-10-2005, 10:19 PM
Im not sure wether i will being going in to Uni of leaveing after collage "/
i could potenalty get the webdeisgner job now, i mean im currlty empolyed as one already, athogh i work very slowy, and only do one off work currantly as im fitting it around collage "/
so again it will be somthing i decide on near the time i think "/
As you said, go with the flow, maybe my way of planning organising too much is a bad idea. Nothing ever goes smoothly in life, therefore, I roughly follow my guidelines.

Bef
17-10-2005, 10:25 PM
Mentor, prime minister would be a good career choice for you me thinks :P

Mentor
17-10-2005, 10:26 PM
As you said, go with the flow, maybe my way of planning organising too much is a bad idea. Nothing ever goes smoothly in life, therefore, I roughly follow my guidelines.
Indeed, but then again, your method has ovios advantages aslo, since u have some idea where your going, what to aim for, and what you'l need to do to achive it "/

Carlos
17-10-2005, 10:29 PM
I'm off to College to do a webdesign course for 1 year. :p

Mentor
17-10-2005, 10:40 PM
I'm off to College to do a webdesign course for 1 year. :p
Collages that do webdsign corces lol, ill never get used to it, plus im still of the opion, if you can learn yourself, youl learn it better "/

Bioda
17-10-2005, 11:54 PM
Lawyer. :]

-sFusion-
18-10-2005, 12:24 AM
Well, I did want to go into some type of computer thing, but I stink at it so nevermind.
So that leaves what I'm good at: math and science, especially chemistry. Still trying to think of a good career that I would like with that.
So, basically, undecided :(

Moth
18-10-2005, 01:23 AM
Not very sure.

I might go to college, I might not. I might start a band and become very successful and make lots of money (hence why I'm taking guitar lessons right now).

Pulchritudinous
18-10-2005, 02:50 AM
I'm going to put all my eggs into one basket. :d
I have it all planned out though. O.o

I hope to become a Pediatrician. (A doctor that works with babies, children, teens, adolescents). -

I will take, one year of English, two years of Biology, one term of college calculus or statistics, one year of physics, two years of chemistry, including one year of inorganic and one year of organic chemistry. - Then if my grades are good I'll go to medical school, and if they are not :( I will work in childcare, either way I definately want to work with children.

I will go with the flow, I'll have to get more careers advice, I'll have to work hard, be patient, pediatrics is a field that requies a LOT of studying, it takes about 11 years, if you do it properly, although you can take this 2 year course, but I havn't looked it to it.

Anyway, I'm 14, I'm just going to live a little. :P Then start deciding in about grade 10. :)

Grig
18-10-2005, 01:39 PM
Something with buisness :)

JT-Fan
18-10-2005, 01:44 PM
I want to be a maths teacher.

manga21
18-10-2005, 02:42 PM
Stay Alive get a Good Job Live happy :)

Jasmin
18-10-2005, 02:58 PM
My dreaam <33

Take my english,maths,science,Re and Art, in my GCSEs, and then i plan to take my english A Levels, and study drama and english in collage, then i want to became an author, or poet, and at 25-26 i wanna have my first child, and at 30, my second, i wanna live till atleast 81 :p and live a long happy life, with no fear
:p Heh, x

Rachi
18-10-2005, 02:59 PM
I want 2 be a physiotherapist ;]
OORR
a runnaaaaa

Eamonn
18-10-2005, 05:42 PM
I want to be a Paramedic or a Diabetic doctor

Zemyia
18-10-2005, 06:37 PM
I am planning after i leave school to go on to college and university and study childcare. I'm going to be a reception teacher.

Steph
18-10-2005, 06:45 PM
I'd like to study forensic science, and hopefully become a forensic, but I don't think I'm that brainy lol so I dunno what I wanna do for definate.
oh and btw, only dead fish go with the flow ;)

Adam$
18-10-2005, 06:46 PM
I am hoping to inherit the family pet buisness from my Uncle.

Will
18-10-2005, 07:25 PM
I hope to carry on with my music and my band

If not I'll sign up for the dol

Clo.
18-10-2005, 11:09 PM
First of all I wanted to be a psychiatrist.. and then I wanted to be a mental health social worker.. done my first year of my A levels (As) which were Psychology (It sounds interesting, its NOT!), Sociology and ICT. They all bored me. Decided I didn't want an office job and something more practical so now Im doing a NVQ in Hairdressing. Wow. I've gone down :(

HolyWar
19-10-2005, 03:32 AM
I plan to be a rock star.

Squishybeamz
19-10-2005, 03:56 AM
Either:
Biologist
Pathologist (Did i spell that right? o.O)
Actress
Song writer :D
Oh yea... interior designer

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!