HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Hitchens makes claim that masks don't work

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...reens-win.html

Masks don't work

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hitchens, The Mail on Sunday
    Can a Covid virus move only one way through a mask? Or can it go both in and out? Because if it can go both ways, we now know that all this mask-wearing is an almost complete waste of time.

Barely noticed in any major media, a serious Danish trial of the effectiveness of masks finally reported its findings on Wednesday. Three major scientific journals (shame on them) had refused to publish it – one can only guess why.

The Danes did it properly. They recruited almost 5,000 people. Half wore masks, of rather better quality than the sort mainly worn in Britain. Half didn’t.

All lived normal lives. They kept it up for a month. At the end, 1.8 per cent of mask wearers tested positive, and 2.1 per cent of the unmasked tested positive for Covid. In other words, there was almost no difference.

Everyone’s been very careful to say it didn’t measure whether wearing a mask protected others. Not directly. But I’d say that, unless masks and viruses are both one-directional, the answer is pretty clear. Yet with this kind of thin evidence for masks, our Government still threatens non-wearers with tyrannical, ruinous fines of up to £6,400.

What would they impose if they had any decent proof that the things worked? The death penalty?
    Having lived in Spain (again) since mid-September and been part of the strictest mask rules in the world, I can confirm it is ****. Almost everyone fidgets with their mask, doesn't dispose/replace everyday, doesn't wear a medical mask, doesn't wash daily and often pulls down. A waste of time.

Everyone who wishes to wear a mask - more for mental comfort than any actual benefits - can do so.

But the rest of us should start to refuse to go along with this. And you can. Simply find a card on a charity website for mask exemption:

https://hiddendisabilitiesstore.com/...-covering.html

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

masks are to stop you spreading, not stop you receiving

your argument that masks dont work because "everyone fidgets with their mask, doesn't dispose/replace everyday, doesn't wear a medical mask, doesn't wash daily and often pulls down" doesnt support your point - if people arent following the guidance properly thats an entirely different issue
    i can find 100 videos that show the effects of masks to your 1 video, perhaps take a trip on youtube. on that video specifically though, I liked this comment:
    "Has no effect", yet we see different dispersion patterns with each mask. Each one with an apparent impact to vapor velocity. All of this "science", yet no control provide. Remember that in your early coursework doctor, the rest of us do. No measure to ensure the same velocity of breath each time through each mask and through the air without a mask restriction. Also no measure of velocity dispersion for each mask. No one is claiming 100% prevention. Its reduction, any reduction. And reduction on both sides plus distancing, have an impact. Yet none of that shown here. I saw none of the vapor swirling the camera lens. However, we can make the assumption it would in the control because your "scientific" experiment lacks one. But the argument here seems to be that no reduction is better than some reduction. 0% is the greatest efficacy.
    you cant confirm jack

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

I once put on a diaper when I was babysitting my girlfriends niece, I didn't put it on properly and it started leaking.

I can now confirm that diapers don't work, not sure why anyone bothers buying them to be honest.

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Should I write a piece for The Mail about how brains don't work because so many people don't use them right? As for three scientific journals refusing to publish it, that's probably because it's not a scientific study at all. Thousands of variables unaccounted for, no control group, incredibly short observation time, and no science involved other than administering a covid test at the end. Once again (how many times am I going to have to say this?) you don't understand virology at all, and spreading this nonsense makes you and your god-idol Hitchens very dangerous people. You're literally misleading people into acting in a way that will get people killed
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz
    masks are to stop you spreading, not stop you receiving
    That makes absolutely zero sense.

Does the filter in the mask only work one way?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Should I write a piece for The Mail about how brains don't work because so many people don't use them right? As for three scientific journals refusing to publish it, that's probably because it's not a scientific study at all. Thousands of variables unaccounted for, no control group, incredibly short observation time, and no science involved other than administering a covid test at the end. Once again (how many times am I going to have to say this?) you don't understand virology at all, and spreading this nonsense makes you and your god-idol Hitchens very dangerous people. You're literally misleading people into acting in a way that will get people killed
    Death from a virus most people are even unaware they have. Terrifying.

Did you wear a mask in 2018 when the flu killed 22,000 of our fellow Britons?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus
    Once again (how many times am I going to have to say this?) you don't understand virology at all
    A virus is so small that cloth doesn't stop it. A virus can also be transmitted via the eyes. Your mask does nothing, as proven by rapidly rising rates in Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz
    "Has no effect", yet we see different dispersion patterns with each mask. Each one with an apparent impact to vapor velocity. All of this "science", yet no control provide. Remember that in your early coursework doctor, the rest of us do. No measure to ensure the same velocity of breath each time through each mask and through the air without a mask restriction. Also no measure of velocity dispersion for each mask. No one is claiming 100% prevention. Its reduction, any reduction. And reduction on both sides plus distancing, have an impact. Yet none of that shown here. I saw none of the vapor swirling the camera lens. However, we can make the assumption it would in the control because your "scientific" experiment lacks one. But the argument here seems to be that no reduction is better than some reduction. 0% is the greatest efficacy.
    "If everybody behaved as robots in a scientific laboratory and did everything perfectly then our idea would make a slight difference."

Scientific "modelling" in a nutshell. Complete ****. See: Economic modelling in regards to Brexit for similar.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 22-11-2020 at 02:44 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    That makes absolutely zero sense.

Does the filter in the mask only work one way?
    Many people argue that cloth masks can’t be effective because they can’t filter out viral particles, which are extremely tiny. But, as Larry explained, most of these particles leave the mouth and nose in much larger droplets that become smaller through evaporation as they move away from the body. Trapping droplets with the mask means not nearly as many viral particles escape. So, when all parties in a gathering are wearing well-constructed, well-fitting masks, it provides an extra layer of safety for everyone. If two people are wearing masks, the viral particles can travel about 5 feet away from each individual. When an infected person is not wearing a mask, those particles can floatthrough the air 30 feet or more and stay alive for up to 30 hours.
    https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-ne...uidelines.html makes complete sense to me

"If everybody behaved as robots in a scientific laboratory and did everything perfectly then our idea would make a slight difference."

Scientific "modelling" in a nutshell. Complete ****. See: Economic modelling in regards to Brexit for similar.
    are you that dense you cant understand why you need control variables in experiments? this is primary school level stuff

since you like random youtube videos

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Dan seriously it's not even amusing at this point, when you don't understand something don't talk about it as though you do - especially when you're giving dangerous advice to people. You're wilfully misleading people by ignoring actual science in favour of "BUT HOW COME!!!!!!" and not being interested in the answers to your own questions, which you then ignore and come back time after time with new inane queries. This is not a matter of opinion or debate, you're simply and factually wrong
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,jamiexo

Latest Awards:

I've seen time & time again, people saying "masks don't work". You're right, they aren't going to work when people have them hanging off their face, their nose uncovered, or not having one on at all. People need to start realizing that they shouldn't put the blame on the masks, but the blame on the people that aren't using them properly. If you put a condom on your hand, that isn't going to be very effective, is it? No, but if you wear them how they are meant to be worn, but would probably be pretty effective.

Sure, cases continue to rise, but that's because I walk in somewhere like Walmart on a busy Saturday and half of the people in there aren't wearing masks anymore.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

This is the real reason why the government wants us to wear masks, fear. It's all nothing but visual propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-ne...uidelines.html makes complete sense to me

are you that dense you cant understand why you need control variables in experiments? this is primary school level stuff
    You've just seen a video with your own two eyes where the masks of varying kinds do nothing to stop vapour escaping.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Dan seriously it's not even amusing at this point, when you don't understand something don't talk about it as though you do - especially when you're giving dangerous advice to people. You're wilfully misleading people by ignoring actual science in favour of "BUT HOW COME!!!!!!" and not being interested in the answers to your own questions, which you then ignore and come back time after time with new inane queries. This is not a matter of opinion or debate, you're simply and factually wrong
    The "actual science" on this is being debated by scientists themselves, only a few months ago we were told by the Chief Medical Officer that masks were not needed. In addition, studies such as this https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....30.20047217v2 also state masks do not work.

The lockdown zealots such as yourself may loathe debate or questioning, and wish everyone to go along with their dictatorial attitudes. But let me tell you, we're not going away and more and more people are seeing the absurdity in all of this. The very fact you cannot answer why you did not wear a mask during the 2018 flu spike which killed 22,000 Britons shows you know this is all nonsense. Did those 22,000 not matter? Is it only those who die from Covid-19 who matter?

I just had the news last night that the wife of the 99 year old my aunty knows has also now died within 13 days of him dying. Why? Not because of the disease society was locked down in under the guise of their "protection", but because they've had their social lives robbed and have declined because of it. In "protecting" them, the measures have actually killed them. That is being repeated across the country, except their deaths won't be flashing across the screen in red writing just as all the undiagnosed cancers and other illnesses won't be flashed across the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiexo View Post
    I've seen time & time again, people saying "masks don't work". You're right, they aren't going to work when people have them hanging off their face, their nose uncovered, or not having one on at all. People need to start realizing that they shouldn't put the blame on the masks, but the blame on the people that aren't using them properly. If you put a condom on your hand, that isn't going to be very effective, is it? No, but if you wear them how they are meant to be worn, but would probably be pretty effective.

Sure, cases continue to rise, but that's because I walk in somewhere like Walmart on a busy Saturday and half of the people in there aren't wearing masks anymore.
    Spain has had strict enforcement of masks since March (including anywhere outdoors) and its rates of transmission are no better than elsewhere.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Your own link there actually concludes that the trials it compares were badly done and that they'd recommend mask usage along with other measures - this is what is happening. So no, it's still not a matter of opinion. I really don't want to bring in disclaimers for all your nonsense posts like they do with Trump but if you're going to carry on being dangerously wrong and giving the community harmful advice then it might just have to happen. I'm sure you'd love that so you can claim censorship and have another tantrum, but if you could please try to avoid that by just not posting lies as facts that would be wonderful.

Interesting that you use the 22,000 figure that I myself gave you after you tried claiming it was double that (a number out of thin air) and once again we should note that corona is not the same thing as flu. You keep talking about how things other than death matter, and yes other factors do matter, which is why you shouldn't carry on ignoring all of the "long covid" symptoms and everything else it affects for those who do not die of it. Once again I shall say that I have no problem with mask usage in flu season like Asian countries suggest, it really is not that much of an inconvenience.

Nice to see yet another personal anecdote from you in lieu of science and facts. Funny how in your eyes an 80 year old dying of corona is just their time being up oh well ladeedaa, but a 99 year old's death means they have been BRUTALLY MURDERED BY THE GOVERNMENT!!! Behave. You cherry pick even among your own falsities just to come up with whatever result you want to spew, and frankly I'd rather you kept away if you're going to encourage my community to act in harmful ways just because you're sad you can't have a beer
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast