HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Default CD/DVD player issues.

Hey all,
    ive got a slight problem with my CD/DVD player it wont read anydisks at all by shows up in my computer etc

is it time for a new cd/dvd drive?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Laser burnt out maybe? How old is it?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I've got the same model drive as that in loads of laptops around work and they have lasted years and years, so I doubt it would have "burnt out" yet... it's possible I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Tokens

i think its quite old, the motherboard/cpu cooked itself, but im sure the drive worked after i got a new board and cpu

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by 21tcripps View Post
    i think its quite old, the motherboard/cpu cooked itself, but im sure the drive worked after i got a new board and cpu
    You sure that didnt cause the drive to have problems too? you tried different types of CD's etc like CD-R and CD+R etc as I have one drive that refuses to use the one type for some reason :S

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by awelsh View Post
    You sure that didnt cause the drive to have problems too? you tried different types of CD's etc like CD-R and CD+R etc as I have one drive that refuses to use the one type for some reason :S
    see the thing is i cant remmber if the drive was replaced but im sure it was cuz i had to get my HDD replaced too so the cd drive would of been working when XP was reinstalled, it doesnt read anydisks, but the light flashes when it trys to read one

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by 21tcripps View Post
    see the thing is i cant remmber if the drive was replaced but im sure it was cuz i had to get my HDD replaced too so the cd drive would of been working when XP was reinstalled, it doesnt read anydisks, but the light flashes when it trys to read one
    Hmm, does it show the disk in My Computer, or does it just show up as what it would be with no disk in there?

Sounds like it might well be the laser that has gone then if the light and everything works on there.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by awelsh View Post
    Hmm, does it show the disk in My Computer, or does it just show up as what it would be with no disk in there?

Sounds like it might well be the laser that has gone then if the light and everything works on there.

it just shows the normal icon tis strange cuz it cant be that old