Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
    The Christmas tree in our local town centre always has a big metal fence around it, dunno which looks worse tbh.

When are they gonna be banned all together for causing offence to non-Christians anyway?
    ours had for the last few years, because you'd get freaks stealing the empty presents off the tree, or smashing the lights (like they did before and now we have no funky lights) but making a tree stable really isn't that hard... just put a box around the ******. not 14k for a new **** one. GAWDDD im all for modernism but thats just minging.

Tokens

what an ugly 'tree.'

Tokens

Latest Awards:

it looks lost

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
    The Christmas tree in our local town centre always has a big metal fence around it, dunno which looks worse tbh.

When are they gonna be banned all together for causing offence to non-Christians anyway?
    I'm sorry but christmas trees have no symbolism towards christmas.. or the actual meaning of christmas.

just because they're called "christmas trees" doesn't mean they're related to the meaning.

kthnx.
    "There are only two important days in your life: the day you are born, and the day you find out why."
    Mark Twain

Tokens

Latest Awards:

can't even complain it's labour cause it's conservative.

it's pathetic, if it's been good enough for the last few years, why not this year, unless something chanegd to make the wind on it more? The tree in nottingham is very large and is in an exposed square. All it has is a box around it...

Seems very bizarre.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ardemax View Post
    I'm sorry but christmas trees have no symbolism towards christmas.. or the actual meaning of christmas.

just because they're called "christmas trees" doesn't mean they're related to the meaning.

kthnx.
    I think he was being sarcastic dear, it's kinda obvious Christmas Trees bear no relation to religious beliefs or views, nor have any sort of religious symbolism It's so annoying having to write out the meaning behinds jokes He was revolving the joke around basic things like Christmas cards turning bland and un-interesting, and other meaningless changes in the way Christmas is perceived (Christmas Cards slowly becoming "Winter Cards", where images are of snow and robins, Santa isn't pictured, nor trees or decorations).

Quote Originally Posted by alexxxxx View Post
    Both to many are the same anyway

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ardemax View Post

kthnx.
    Oh dear God. That's worse than all your posts in the Current Affairs forum combined!

I was referring to Christmas being a religious event on the Christian calendar therefore I'm surprised the idea of showing off a huge symbol of it right in everybody's faces as they shop, isn't persecuted as being offensive to other religions. I mean if something as discrete as a womon wearing a cross around her neck at work can cause as much of an uproar as it did, then I wouldn't have been surprised if something like this, which is actually a public thing, was more of an issue.
    Last edited by Black_Apalachi; 27-11-2009 at 06:53 PM.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by alexxxxx View Post

it's pathetic, if it's been good enough for the last few years, why not this year, unless something chanegd to make the wind on it more? The tree in nottingham is very large and is in an exposed square. All it has is a box around it...

Seems very bizarre.
    It wouldn't matter whether it was Labour, Conservatives or the Liberal Democrats - sick of these people interferring in things which have worked fine for the past century or so.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

calm down dear!

the tree is a shambles, let's be honest, and it's not like someone's going to vandalise it and knock it down
    "There are only two important days in your life: the day you are born, and the day you find out why."
    Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12