HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Do you drive at 17? (Read all options first, it's an extensive poll!)

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • 17+ Male - Yes I do drive

21 45.65%
  • 17+ Male - No but I want to drive

9 19.57%
  • 17+ Male - No I don't want to

0 0%
  • 17+ Female - Yes I do

2 4.35%
  • 17+ Female - No but I want to

3 6.52%
  • 17+ Female - No I don't want to

1 2.17%
  • Under 17 Male - Yes I want to drive at 17

6 13.04%
  • Under 17 Male - No I do not want to drive at 17

1 2.17%
  • Under 17 Female - Yes I want to drive at 17

3 6.52%
  • Under 17 Female - No I do not want to drive at 17

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do you drive?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Angel-Light

Latest Awards:

I got asked when I was 17 if I wanted to learn to drive. At that point I said no as I felt I wasn't ready to try it yet (I had sat in the driver's seat a couple of times). Now I'm in my 2nd year of Uni and okay if I knew how to drive I would have the freedom. However parking anywhere is useless at my Uni as you pay so much for a parking space that you may not even get

Another issue with me is I have no space for a car at home as the number of cars on my street has tripled in the past 10 years

I would like to learn to drive eventually, maybe this summer when I have a bit more time on my hands

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by pasta View Post
    i left driving at 17 because i didn't have money and knew i'd get enough money to sort it out all when i was 18 so i'm doing it now. first lesson yesterday(H)
    Oh dear, thanks for the warning! I will watch myself on the roads of York from now on

But no, I don't drive. Never had the money or the courage to learn really. I went for 17+ female, don't want to.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Tash. View Post
    Oh dear, thanks for the warning! I will watch myself on the roads of York from now on

But no, I don't drive. Never had the money or the courage to learn really. I went for 17+ female, don't want to.
    I will teach you.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well I'm currently doing lessons and I have my own car and I am 17 so I chose the first one. Probably quite far away from doing my test (only done 7 lessons so far) but it doesn't seem a million miles away, I'm quite advanced despite the little amount of professional lessons I've had so my instructor says, because I have my own motor.

I was so determined to start that my first lesson was on my 17th birthday at 9am, meaning I had been 17 for only an hour and 45 minutes :eusa_danc

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I used to get 2 buses to college, and more often than not one of them would let me down. I would make the effort to arrive at college much earlier than needed just to be there in plenty of time. I quite often got frustrated as I would be late and it would be out of my control. It's also no fun waiting for a bus in the freezing cold, that may not turn up.

My parents paid for my driving lessons, on the condition that I paid for my theory and for my practical which came from the money I earnt doing a part time job. Obviously the incentive was to get it right first time and cut my costs.

Passing my driving test gave me independence, and some freedom too. I still use trains when it's more practical and I walk. Not all my friends live on the doorstep and it's easy now to jump in my car and go when it suits me without relying on anyone else.

I recommend learning to drive as soon as you can if your parents offer to support you, particularly if you have the time. It's not cheap, and it won't get any cheaper as you get older.
    It's the quality of your posts that count, not the quantity!

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I do (well no car now) but at 17 you really don't need to. I only started driving because it's something I've literally been waiting my whole life to do. But to be fair, at that age it's a huge waste of money and I won't be getting another car for at least a couple years I would think (even though I really want another one)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234