Win BIG with HabboxStarz!
Show off your musical talent in our old skool singing competition! Big prizes to be won!
HxSS Awards winners and final standings!
It's all done! Click here to see the big big winners from this year's tournament, and the fan favourites for the awards!
Check out HabboxWiki!
The biggest and best archive of all things Habbo - could YOU be our next top editor?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Laptop

Tokens
    Habbo
    9y

Latest Awards:

Default New Laptop

Well. I'm needing a new laptop for university. I'm looking to spend around £800ish and want to know if anyone has had any good deals recently which they would like to pass on. Would be lovely!

I wont really use the laptop for gaming as I'm also taking my desktop but at best I'd be playing Red Alert 3 so theres not too high specs.

x
    Creator Of RoomCount
    I'm baccccck!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well, it depends what you need, not only for school projects but also other things. Also what you like most, Windows or Mac.

I am a Mac users myself, using a MacBook Pro 15" - and I'm glad for that. Tho its more than $800 but you also get pretty good with it.

Reply with more information

- AkiNr

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Mac or pc is first question, although the new MacBook air looks good.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

www.dell.co.uk for what you want.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

My opinion for the MacBook Air: It sucks... It got:

- 2 USBs
    - 1 MagSafe (Charger)
    - 1 Minidisplay port
    - 1 Headphone Line-In
    - 1 Built-In Microphone

... Not even a CD Drive. I would rather go for a MacBook Pro - It's cheaper than the Air, and actually better.

- AkiNr

Tokens
    Habbo
    9y

Latest Awards:

Thanks for feedback. I was looking into the macbook air but i'm not too pleased with this 2 usbs and no cd drive.. I can live without a cd drive but if i've got my mouse and headset in then I'm gonna have to unplug for a usb flash drive. Hmm. I might go Macbook pro. Surely then I've got a slightly older model but as its older i can get it cheaper and therefore add better specs for the same price as macbook air. x
    Creator Of RoomCount
    I'm baccccck!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by 9y View Post
    Thanks for feedback. I was looking into the macbook air but i'm not too pleased with this 2 usbs and no cd drive.. I can live without a cd drive but if i've got my mouse and headset in then I'm gonna have to unplug for a usb flash drive. Hmm. I might go Macbook pro. Surely then I've got a slightly older model but as its older i can get it cheaper and therefore add better specs for the same price as macbook air. x
    ain't the macbook pro like £999 ish?

Tokens
    Habbo
    iBlueBox

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    ain't the macbook pro like £999 ish?
    http://www.apple.com/uk/macbookpro/

£999 for 13 inch.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Stexual: View Post
    yeah they said that pro is cheaper than air, when air is like £849 and pro is £999?

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Jin:

Latest Awards:

Don't bother with a mac you will be bullied for it unless you are doing a creative degree.

To be honest with the way laptop technology developments is accelerating I think £800 is far too steep a budget. You could pick up the perfect full sized laptop for around £400 perfect for uni.

I personally recommend HP for students as they are well rounded machines. For instance I didn't have a TV at uni so my laptop was my main source of entertainment, my HP had brilliant speaker quality and came with a remote control allowing me to sit in bed and watch tv on it. Spec wise it was edging onto the upper market end and it cost me £450 from tesco's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast