Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: avatars :)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

We offered a compromise allowing users to put pictures of themselves as their profile picture, as this is their own personal page on the forum and users have to click to see it.

For avatars it's a simple no. Many people don't want to see other users staring at them from every post and allowing it removes the choice of them to see it or not (with profiles this is entirely dependent on clicking the name).
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
    We offered a compromise allowing users to put pictures of themselves as their profile picture, as this is their own personal page on the forum and users have to click to see it.

For avatars it's a simple no. Many people don't want to see other users staring at them from every post and allowing it removes the choice of them to see it or not (with profiles this is entirely dependent on clicking the name).
    If someone had it on their avatar (a picture of themselves) how would you know it was them? If they had never posted any photos of themselves or anything?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post
    If someone had it on their avatar (a picture of themselves) how would you know it was them? If they had never posted any photos of themselves or anything?
    well u wuldnt but its generally obvious

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

If it's suspected they get sent a polite PM asking if it is, and to source the image if it's not them.
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/

Tokens
    Habbo
    .Shar.

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyNemo View Post
    well u wuldnt but its generally obvious
    This. And then they would be contacted asked to remove the picture if it is themselves.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pyroka

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyNemo View Post
    i believe it was turned down last time because no one wanted to see ugly teenagers everywhere
    It's Habbox, come on they'd fake the pictures lol.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shaz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Pyroka View Post
    It's Habbox, come on they'd fake the pictures lol.
    Makes me think of a certain girl who faked to be a blonde fake? Never

Profile pictures is enough imo.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Pyroka View Post
    Are you serious? Do you think Habbo pays attention to fansites anymore?

When was the last time a Habbo Staff said they'd DJ on a Habbo Radio or do a meet & greet?

They've lost contact with their community completely.
    I believe they face other issues in regards of Habbo staff DJing on online radios.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

In the words of Jeremy Clarkson.. "I'd rather not have spotty teenagers looking at me from all angles"..

Tokens

Latest Awards:

aiight well fair do's i guess!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12