Win BIG with HabboxStarz!
Show off your musical talent in our old skool singing competition! Big prizes to be won!
HxSS Awards winners and final standings!
It's all done! Click here to see the big big winners from this year's tournament, and the fan favourites for the awards!
Check out HabboxWiki!
The biggest and best archive of all things Habbo - could YOU be our next top editor?

Thread: HabboxWiki

Tokens
    Habbo
    FRISC0

Latest Awards:

Default HabboxWiki

Assuming it's owned by Habbox as it's in the URL? (and this is the correct section for this thread)

So I've been around since 2003ish and my memory and facts of Habbo are generally pretty good...

There is SO much information on HabboxWiki that is completely incorrect, there's even a page been set up about myself (flattered, but bits are inaccurate)

Anyway, because it's a wiki I'm assuming you welcome edits of pages?
    BUT, I don't want to start writing masses of information for it not to be accepted onto HabboxWiki because newer users think it's untrue. I can clarify any information as best as possible but as you know, it's hard without references.

What I'm asking is, am I'm wasting my time (if) editing HabboxWiki pages?

moderator alert Thread moved by Expling (Forum Moderator) from Habbox Feedback as this is where I feel it's better off suited!
    Last edited by Expling; 24-09-2015 at 05:44 PM.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I have access to the Wiki and edit now and again, you'd have to ask the Content Manager for permission my guess would be. Ideally we'd have it open like it used to be to all users to make edits but if I recall properly some fools tried ruining it so access is restricted to Content Staff and those who are trusted with it.

I remember you well FRISC0 from the old days and no doubt you'd have a lot to contribute.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

I think anyone can still edit it, your account just gets verified after like X Amount of hours if I remember rightly. I could be wrong but I'm sure the Content Department will be able to help you get your account created.

But if you think you can improve the information we have than you are more than welcome to help us out.

@Expling;
    HabboHub.net - A Habbo Origins Fansite

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    FRISC0

Latest Awards:

I likely have lots of images that can contribute too.

I'd welcome the opportunity to improve some pages definitely.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I just looked at your wiki page lmao it's quite funny to me that you're noted amongst people like Chivo and SonicMouse

You don't need an account to edit the wiki as far as I'm aware since it's supposed to be a community project thing. What other pages have you found that aren't accurate?

good to see u back honey

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Heya! The wiki is a community-created archive really, anyone can update pages, we just have another level of verification now (users can't just sign up and edit straight away, we had a huge issue of spambots a while ago.

I think it's really unfair to say so much of it is "completely" incorrect! Especially with old users like yourself, it's hard for us to get accurate information because not many of us know about you guys. This is probably stuff we've searched for on the forum or asked old members and that's what they've told us, so that's what we've put down.

Not everything on there is going to be 100% accurate and have every element of information, especially when it comes to older stuff as not many people around there so it's like, one person's memory against another! Unless we have proof to the contrary we won't be deleting anything!

LONG STORY SHORT yes we welcome community edits and if you'd like you can join our content design team which gives you more permissions and things on the wiki too

Tokens
    Habbo
    Expling

Latest Awards:

You don't need Wiki staff perms to edit; everyone who has an account older than 24hrs can edit (some pages are just restricted to certain usergroups). All edits on the wiki are massively appreciated so you will definitely not be wasting your time!

I am aware that there are currently a large number of pages which remain incomplete and inaccurate but it's difficult to ensure they're all fully updated with only a very small team. I'm working on it though!

Great to see you wanting to get involved, let me know if you need anything/have any questions
    (ps; shoot me a pm if you're interested in becoming staff xx)
    Last edited by Expling; 24-09-2015 at 05:43 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

My page prob needs updating again if you wanna do that
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    FRISC0

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    Heya! The wiki is a community-created archive really, anyone can update pages, we just have another level of verification now (users can't just sign up and edit straight away, we had a huge issue of spambots a while ago.

I think it's really unfair to say so much of it is "completely" incorrect! Especially with old users like yourself, it's hard for us to get accurate information because not many of us know about you guys. This is probably stuff we've searched for on the forum or asked old members and that's what they've told us, so that's what we've put down.

Not everything on there is going to be 100% accurate and have every element of information, especially when it comes to older stuff as not many people around there so it's like, one person's memory against another! Unless we have proof to the contrary we won't be deleting anything!

LONG STORY SHORT yes we welcome community edits and if you'd like you can join our content design team which gives you more permissions and things on the wiki too

Fair enough, I mean... last time I viewed there were many inaccurate facts but seems many things have been corrected but I will save pages and try correct things as I go

I'd be delighted to join the content team, I still know a few of the older users and can gather resources from them too.

p.s. hi kyle!