Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Tokens
    Habbo
    nat965

Latest Awards:

Default impact on the world

What book (excluding religious texts) do you think has made the biggest impact on the world?

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

(Not limited to) Harry Potter. I strongly believe that at least half of the for-teens trilogies has HP's timing, storytelling method, etc etc as inspirational source. It's like F.R.I.E.N.D.S from the literature

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Republic by Plato, almost certainly
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

The Diary of Anne Frank. If it doesn't make great impact in the world, at least it does to a class of underdog students (according to Freedom Writers).

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Homer's Iliad and Odyssey.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Going on purely fiction publications I would probably go for some of the more like dystopia type books, Brave New World, 1984, they had a real impact on the relationship between person and state and I think a lot of people really changed the way they looked at that as a result. I certainly did!

Other than political or philosophical manifestos (communist manifesto, thomas paine's stuff, plato's republic)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    Going on purely fiction publications I would probably go for some of the more like dystopia type books, Brave New World, 1984, they had a real impact on the relationship between person and state and I think a lot of people really changed the way they looked at that as a result. I certainly did!

Other than political or philosophical manifestos (communist manifesto, thomas paine's stuff, plato's republic)
    Orwell was a literary genius.

I think the question here is what constitutes a 'book'? E.g. is Principia Mathematica a book? I wouldn't consider Marx's communist manifesto a book.. I see it more as a document.

It would be interesting to hear people's thoughts on the matter!