Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Tokens

Default Sulake UK Limited Goes into liquidation

Hey everyone,
    I wanted to share something I haven't seen discussed much, but I believe it's quite significant.

Sulake UK Limited is currently undergoing liquidation. Here?s a quick summary of what?s happening:

Current Status: Sulake UK Limited is in the process of voluntary liquidation. This means the company is being dissolved, and its assets are being sold off to pay creditors.

• January 2024: Sulake UK Limited filed several documents indicating their decision to liquidate. These filings included the appointment of a voluntary liquidator and a special resolution to wind up the company.
    • May 2024: A return of the final meeting was filed. This meeting is part of the members' voluntary winding up process, marking significant progress towards the final stages of the liquidation.

As you may know, the HQ for Sulake is in Finland. So this does not necessarily mean that Habbo is closing down. However, it is key to note that the UK office has throughout Sulake's history played a big role in Habbo where the London office has been the home for its moderators and developers.
    This seems to be kept quiet. I'm interested to know your thoughts!
    Last edited by marb909; 26-05-2024 at 12:05 AM.

Tokens

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Almost certainly just a bit of restructuring to keep their accounts neat - Azerion has been doing this with various parts of the companies they acquire for a while now. Much easier to keep everything in check when your multinational corporation doesn't randomly have 11 people on low wages who technically work for a different company Still interesting though as it's the original Habbo.co.uk company that Dee Edwards ("Daisy") set up TWENTY THREE years ago, mad to think it's been around all this time
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    JustRG3

Latest Awards:

(I'm the OP. Couldn't sign in last night and wanted to post this so made another account!).

Hmm. So I was thinking this, but if you look through all the paperwork they've filed and how they're formally disolving it... if there was any time for Sulake to do this it would have been many years ago right? I don't get why now they would... liquidations etc are pretty serious I thought? I'm especially suprised not to see this spoken about anywhere...

I'd be interested to hear from Sulake to know what their plans are. I'm assuming their dev and mods are no longer based in UK too?