So are there any career goals you are currently working towards?

The backstory for me is, always wanted to be a teacher since age 11. Following my degree + TEFL qualification, have been teaching English in Spain for six years. Suffered with bad depression in my 20s though, so really lacked ambition beyond that... had a great time and no regrets the experience I built up, but didn't sort of have a masterplan or where I was going.

Now though I've just started my PGCE Secondary English + QTS at University (well, we start properly next week) and it's sort of completing something I wanted to do 20 years ago. Feeling my experience from Spain should help, although there will be new stuff for me to grapple with such as teaching Literature. But exciting times.

Plan then is to possibly complete a CELTA qualification in August 2025 (cost: £1,500) for CV purposes and with luck start a job somewhere in the Gulf (Saudi, Kuwait, UAE etc) where you can earn a killing and it's tax free with accom and flights thrown in. Do that for maybe 3 years and put down deposits on two or three buy-to-lets in Liverpool, rent them out and let them pay themselves off with rental income.

Then financially I should be set by the time I am late 30s and can then adopt children/do surrogacy with peace of mind that I am financially secure and can afford a family. Can then spend beforehand in my mid to late 30s taking on teaching jobs with lower salaries but in places I want to do, like Australia.

That's the plan anyway. Pretty syked for it all and I feel like I have a grip on my life.

How about you?