Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

graphics quality is bad since tom and i left
    dept doesnt need a manager either

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    The only reason we have a manager, IMHO, is to chase up people who haven't done something, whip the staff into shape and ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING, and to process requests, which is quite a boring and admin-y job. It's changed so it's a lot better with the process now, but I'm not sure how much I can say.
    A job which would easily be done by the manager who requests a certain graphic

2 or 3 graphics designers, volunteers on a forum who are constantly a liability and flight-risk are nowhere NEAR enough to get the job done. Especially when it comes to heavy-graphic-load events, like HxSS or something.
    If they're a constant liability and flight risk then something's definitely not right. Needing more people for one or two big events a year doesn't necessitate having 8 staff members and a manager with nothing to do, and considering such events are supposed to be for the community (and aren't the top secret things you keep going on about) it would surely be a fabulous idea to have the earliest or even pre- HxSS competitions as graphic ones to get the work done and get people involved

OOOOH every graphic designer drives the place into the ground do they? If someone wants to help out and make graphics, and WOULD VOLUNTEER if it was posted in the requests forum, why should they not join the department?!
    I didn't say that but when there's a huge thread that goes through problems with nearly all of the departments it's clear that being staff doesn't make people immune to being crap. Not everyone wants to take on a staff role with (supposed) constant responsibilities but may be willing to do something here and there if it piques their interest and they fancy getting credit for something. I'm not staff anywhere but I do a lot of work attempting to improve things anyway, and lots of people are the same
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    maybe 2 or 3 graphic designers and a subforum somewhere that any manager who needs something done can post in. The manager making the request would essentially have them on loan and be responsible for them as staff until the project's done, simple
    suggested to do that countless times, no one listened.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

A job which would easily be done by the manager who requests a certain graphic
    Totally, but it's one extra thing which they shouldn't have to worry about. The new system does kind of promote this in all honesty.

If they're a constant liability and flight risk then something's definitely not right. Needing more people for one or two big events a year doesn't necessitate having 8 staff members and a manager with nothing to do, and considering such events are supposed to be for the community (and aren't the top secret things you keep going on about) it would surely be a fabulous idea to have the earliest or even pre- HxSS competitions as graphic ones to get the work done and get people involved
    Constant liability or flight risk would be the situation if we used freelance designers from the forum - as well as the fact they'd be under no 'rules' or risks like Habbox Staff are.

I believe this is POSSIBLY the first time ever it's been such a big department and trialists do not count as staff members, a lot of graphics trialists actually fail because they're not good enough or resign pretty quickly.

Don't agree at all, graphics shouldn't be run past the community first because it's just simply not a professional way to run a website/a company (extrapolate that to Habbox ok, it's a bit far-fetched but works)

I didn't say that but when there's a huge thread that goes through problems with nearly all of the departments it's clear that being staff doesn't make people immune to being crap. Not everyone wants to take on a staff role with (supposed) constant responsibilities but may be willing to do something here and there if it piques their interest and they fancy getting credit for something. I'm not staff anywhere but I do a lot of work attempting to improve things anyway, and lots of people are the same
    Yeah you didn't really go through problems much. Just a general moan is the tone I got. Obviously some exceptions but it's taken you 6 pages to actually get down to specific problems, half of which are non-existent.

Graphics isn't a heavy workload, a lot of the time you can get away with not doing much at all. And we don't get credit. Even as staff. So that doesn't really work.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Don't agree at all, graphics shouldn't be run past the community first because it's just simply not a professional way to run a website/a company (extrapolate that to Habbox ok, it's a bit far-fetched but works)
    Which definition of professional are you using now? On the last page you said professional just means a basic understanding, now you're trying to suggest that Habbox is some sort of corporation which has no need for its community for input. Your inability to define simple terms aside, in what way is it unprofessional to involve people in something they're already a part of?

Yeah you didn't really go through problems much. Just a general moan is the tone I got. Obviously some exceptions but it's taken you 6 pages to actually get down to specific problems, half of which are non-existent.
    Oh good, another person who can't read and just assume a tone where there is none; you and e5 should date, you can just talk and talk and talk and never have to listen to each other. The issues are all laid out in the very first post if you would care to actually process the words. Which of the problems are non-existent? It's a fantastic impression of upper management you're doing (denying that problems exist "because no") but it's not especially useful to anyone to just blindly deny everything
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt660 View Post
    I just wanted to say, I really like the idea (I think it was @Kardan; that mentioned it), about Events 'Ofsted'. I guess it would work a bit like a mystery shopper really, to ensure people are getting the best service possible.

We currently do 'Feedback PMs' where senior events organisers monitor events and then send feedback to the host on what could be improved etc. However this has become stale as of late and isn't really done enough at all.

I'm going to talk to Alex and Mike about it as we're having a meeting about all of this tonight to try and move forwards, but I think what we could do with is like a list of things that should be done/included within an event and then on a regular basic this list can be checked off against the event. Pretty much like a mystery shopper would do. We would then have evidence of whats going wrong and whos causing the problems, and I think it will be a real eye opener and should ensure that all events are following the correct procedures, are doing enough to advertise (not just their own event but the whole of habbox), and that the guests within the room are given the attention they need to make them want to come back to more events. Its very much customer service related in some ways, and being a training buddy in customer service I know how important it is for staff to give off the right impression from the beginning.

Will be able to feedback more to you after tonights meeting, and I'd just like to apologise that it's got to this stage really, and I would like to apologise for being rubbish as of late @FlyingJesus; it has been a long term problem for as long as I can remember, theres always been ups and downs (even back in 2009 it was sometimes a struggle to fill events), but its something that right now is crucial to Habbox moving forwards and staying afloat I feel. (that and V7)
    I think this 'Mystery Habbo' as you could call it, would work very well. You can make sure that EOs do everything they should, E.g: Advertise Habbox, Explain what rep is, Explain how to play the game (Not just 'Read sticky' as I often get), and just general attitude.
    Last edited by Kardan; 24-06-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    I think this 'Mystery Habbo' as you could call it, would work very well. You can make sure that EOs do everything they should, E.g: Advertise Habbox, Explain what rep is, Explain how to play the game (Not just 'Read sticky' as I often get), and just general attitude.
    Will need 3 extra managers and a separate subforum with spam thread. Also a random staff bonding session so we can train staff to not interact with anyone other than each other
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Will need 3 extra managers and a separate subforum with spam thread. Also a random staff bonding session so we can train staff to not interact with anyone other than each other
    Also need to hire more staff that can't take feedback because everything is okay

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Still going through the thread but this one caught my eye on the bus in regards of Graphics:

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    suggested to do that countless times, no one listened.
    Technically that has been done. We just don't do the "loaning" the staff side of it. But the managers post their own requests in a forum that all Graphics staff can see. The Graphics Department will always be more of an internal department that Habbox DOES actually need. We cannot afford to close it or risk shutting it down on a trial period. We also cannot risk allowing the general community to do the graphics we need. It's just not practical.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 24-06-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    Grig

Latest Awards:

When being in management, particularly HxL, you do not know how many banners were needed. To close down the graphics department would make everything either not done or delayed.

It's a department that's underrated, but extremely important to Habbox.
    Last edited by Grig; 24-06-2013 at 05:44 PM.
    Former: HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager, International HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager (Int.), Asst. News Manager, Debates Leader (numerous times) and 9999 other roles, including resident boozehound

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast