Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    4,918
    Tokens
    126

    Latest Awards:

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markeh View Post
    Quickly, I've just looked on Scan's deals, I can get a Coolermaster Elite 500W for £30 from Scan, will this be better?
    Yes. Just buy a PSU. Any should work with it.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Breaking into your house
    Posts
    1,377
    Tokens
    50

    Latest Awards:

    Default

    I picked up the CX430, the 500w was £13 more with delivery.
    AMD Phenom X4 955 BE - 8GB RAM - Asus M5A97 - MSI HD6870 HAWK - Windows 8.1 Pro 64 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
    -----------------------------------------------------------


  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    /etc/passwd
    Posts
    19,110
    Tokens
    1,139

    Latest Awards:

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markeh View Post
    I picked up the CX430, the 500w was £13 more with delivery.
    Good choice. Corsair are fantastic.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Breaking into your house
    Posts
    1,377
    Tokens
    50

    Latest Awards:

    Default

    HAH, CBC emailed me, the order can't be fulfilled, it's actually out of stock.

    CX430 is £7 more delivered from Ebuyer, so I shall still go for it...
    AMD Phenom X4 955 BE - 8GB RAM - Asus M5A97 - MSI HD6870 HAWK - Windows 8.1 Pro 64 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
    -----------------------------------------------------------


  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    4,918
    Tokens
    126

    Latest Awards:

    Default

    Buy a cheaper one.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Breaking into your house
    Posts
    1,377
    Tokens
    50

    Latest Awards:

    Default

    The cheapest one I can get that won't blow up is an Antec Basiq 350W.

    Which, I read on a sticker on teh side of one (from a picture from the web) doesn't have the recommended number of amps on the 12v rail for the 7600GS.

    Whereas the Corsair, the next cheapest one I would trust, has enough.

    If my parents buy a cheap one on my recommendation, and it blows up, they end up with my laptop... and I end up in a whole lot of trouble.

    I'd rather get a good one I can use with a new system when this Pentium 4 actually dies.
    AMD Phenom X4 955 BE - 8GB RAM - Asus M5A97 - MSI HD6870 HAWK - Windows 8.1 Pro 64 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
    -----------------------------------------------------------


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •