Win BIG with HabboxStarz!
Show off your musical talent in our old skool singing competition! Big prizes to be won!
HxSS Awards winners and final standings!
It's all done! Click here to see the big big winners from this year's tournament, and the fan favourites for the awards!
Check out HabboxWiki!
The biggest and best archive of all things Habbo - could YOU be our next top editor?

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Dan.ox View Post
    I want to tone up, at the moment I can see my abs when i tense up, but not usually I also could do with bulking up slightly

I eat quite healthily IM 18 and 11 Stone
    I go to the gym about twice a week and do 3 sets of 10 reps on pretty much all my muscle groups then around 30 mins cardiovascular, Im not fat infact Im pretty skinny just not toned

Any advice? Routines?
    I think the routine you're doing at the moment is pretty good. Try lowering your reps to around 6-8. This will allow you to lift heavier weight. I think the crucial thing here is nutrition.. Try eating some nuts or meat.
    Back for a while.

Tokens

Ok so I thought I'd post here.
    I've been trying to get a six pack for ages now, and I thought I couldn't notice any changes so I gave up for a good amount of time and now I've decided to start again. I've been doing the "8 minute abs" thing on Youtube (LOL I know, only thing I've managed to find) for about 3 weeks now and I can notice the shape forming but the abs don't seem to be very prominent.
    I'm turning 16 soon. My height is about 5ft 7in and I weigh about 8st. I'm not a very good eater so I don't know if that has anything to do with it and I don't participate in much sport either. I would also like bigger chest and arm muscles but wouldn't know how to go about it. Preferably something I can do easily at home.
    Anyway here is a picture. Thoughts and comments would be much appreciated and +Rep for helpful tips and advice.

Tokens

Sorry for double post but image seems to have stopped showing although it was showing last night.

Here is the image again.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yeah, i see what you mean, you do look pretty skinny. Your core is comming along nicely though so your training programme must be working. And yeah youtube is great with ab excersises, so try and change your workout now and then to make sure that you don't plateu. Some people treat there abs like any other muscle group and train it usually twice or three times a week, other people argue that it repairs very quickly and train their core 5x a week. I've found out that 3x a week with about 4 sets of crunches etc seems to work well.

Anyway, a six pack is all about having a low body fat %, i can tell that your about 12-15% body fat so if you cut down to about 7% that should make it visible.

As for your arms.. well to be perfectly honest with you, you will get nowhere without a gym membership. I mean, you can buy dumbells etc, but you can't do many variations of excersises. Especially for your triceps which are usually the bigger muscle on your arm.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Soy View Post
    Yeah, i see what you mean, you do look pretty skinny. Your core is comming along nicely though so your training programme must be working. And yeah youtube is great with ab excersises, so try and change your workout now and then to make sure that you don't plateu. Some people treat there abs like any other muscle group and train it usually twice or three times a week, other people argue that it repairs very quickly and train their core 5x a week. I've found out that 3x a week with about 4 sets of crunches etc seems to work well.

Anyway, a six pack is all about having a low body fat %, i can tell that your about 12-15% body fat so if you cut down to about 7% that should make it visible.

As for your arms.. well to be perfectly honest with you, you will get nowhere without a gym membership. I mean, you can buy dumbells etc, but you can't do many variations of excersises. Especially for your triceps which are usually the bigger muscle on your arm.
    Thanks very much for your opinions and advice!
    +Rep

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Toughened View Post
    Ok so I thought I'd post here.
    I've been trying to get a six pack for ages now, and I thought I couldn't notice any changes so I gave up for a good amount of time and now I've decided to start again. I've been doing the "8 minute abs" thing on Youtube (LOL I know, only thing I've managed to find) for about 3 weeks now and I can notice the shape forming but the abs don't seem to be very prominent.
    I'm turning 16 soon. My height is about 5ft 7in and I weigh about 8st. I'm not a very good eater so I don't know if that has anything to do with it and I don't participate in much sport either. I would also like bigger chest and arm muscles but wouldn't know how to go about it. Preferably something I can do easily at home.
    Anyway here is a picture. Thoughts and comments would be much appreciated and +Rep for helpful tips and advice.
    Get doing some cardio to trim down your body fat. Do you do this exercise every day? If so, don't. Your core is like every other muscle in your body and needs time to rest. I do my core 4 times a week and I have a ripped sixpack.
    Back for a while.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent2 View Post
    Get doing some cardio to trim down your body fat. Do you do this exercise every day? If so, don't. Your core is like every other muscle in your body and needs time to rest. I do my core 4 times a week and I have a ripped sixpack.
    I do the exercise routine every two days and thanks for the advice. +Rep when I can.
    Last edited by Toughened; 31-03-2009 at 03:13 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I do the exercise routine every two days and thanks for the advice. +Rep when I can.
    Try shortening it to every other day
    Back for a while.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent2 View Post
    Try shortening it to every other day
    Will do and I'll post my progress (if any) in a couple of weeks.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Will do and I'll post my progress (if any) in a couple of weeks.
    Okay mate, goodluck Make sure you eat some protein to help build the muscle too
    Back for a while.