No need to move to Japan for internet speeds..
The grid will own.

No need to move to Japan for internet speeds..
The grid will own.
The Grid is a high speed carrier net work based in Geneva designed for carrying large amounts of data around quickly for processing and storage else where. Unless you're directly connected in, you won't see much benefit.
Japan is a miracle. The technology there is like tops. They have the fastest everything, the quirkiest everything, amazing food that not only tastes great but are able to let them have such a long life expectancy. It'll be easier for me to move (nearer)Their technology is like things that you have always wished for. If only those products ship worldwide.
![]()
shawn
Holy **** that's fantastic - After seeing that, I feel like I'm being robbed for my internet to be honest!
Speed is as fast as you want it to be, the bottleneck is when there is a mixture of old and new technology, something may be going VERY fast, but something else will bring it to a halt.
Sweden have very good speeds too.
I beg to differ on one post below the OP -- I live in Evanston, IL, a very suburban city near Chicago, and I STILL can't get fibre optic. I can get it in a few weeks though. Downtown city's get very good speeds though, even then, my first thing applies.
The reason Japan's speeds are so fast, is that 95% of their technology is state of the art, as they are such a small country, they upgrade as soon as the new stuff comes out - therefore they will always be ahead of us when it comes to speed.
That is where 'the grid' comes in. The grid is a new "internet", basically it's an internet, yes internet is a vowel, contrarily to how people prepend the word with "the", an internet where only new technology is used, making it hundreds of times faster than the current internet, of course in time it'll become the old internet, then we'll need Grid 2.0. But by then, I'm hoping that the human race will be spanning several galaxies, and then we will have the internet fully integrated into our lives, making navigating it a lot easier, using some sort of super technology, technology can only get so fast that we can recognize a difference.
Sorry for the verbosity.
Edit: Just saw some posts above about The Grid. They are valid, but if The Grid is implemented properly, and replaces current technology, everyone would benefit, of course, the problem is, unless it is owned by Government/UN/A sole private sector, not everyone will update at once, giving us exactly the same problems of the current internet.
Gosh. We speak about "the" internet as though it was yesterday's news.
Last edited by Hypertext; 09-10-2008 at 03:58 AM.
How could this hapen to meeeeeeeeeeeeeee?lol.
I can not see AU getting speeds like that in a million years and if we did the ISP will have a price tag that millions are 0 at the end...
Wow, that is really fast.
Well, each country is processing slowly...
Did you get that speedtest from Major Nelsons twitter?
I noticed that when I checked twitter last night, was like...
Anyway, 10mb is doing us fine at the moment, im not complaining. (Virgin)
y'wha?
Man .. that's huge......
Wasn't the worlds quickest connection first found by like an old lady in Sweden!!?
Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!