HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Nistez

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post

We will then join the bunch of fansites with no real unique qualities, and I wouldnt personally want to steal any ideas from some of the other fansites, no offence any fansites out there haha
    You're right, you shouldn't steal other website's content. Habbox needs to be more original and I believe that the board is trying to do so. If it continues like this, Habbox will most likely have more audience.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by adECW View Post
    THIS IS EXACTLY THE REASON WHY YOU DON'T HAVE NEW MEMBERS AND/OR THEY DON'T STICK AROUND FOR LONG!

It's like banging my head against a ******* brick wall. Idiots. Cretins.
    That's exactly what I thought when I saw their posts lmao..
    /

Tokens

Latest Awards:

well it has been said already. u are a habbo fansite and u reach new users through client ta da.

---------- Post added 02-04-2013 at 07:48 PM ----------

like just by chance im at a hffm event now and the room is full with 50 people.....

Tokens

Latest Awards:

On the topic of events, I agree that the situation is pretty terrible.

It is not exactly uncommon to turn up to an event and see the EO has invited a bunch of their friends in to the host area (I'm not referring here to habboxvip btw, specifically the host area) and are just having a conversation with them whilst only occasionally taking a quick break to continue the event. EOs ought to be spending their time trying to converse with people they don't know, particularly people who aren't Habbox regulars. EOs (And HxHD staff) should bear in mind they they are front-line reps of Habbox and need to be doing their absolute best to not only engage other players but also to make sure that they are aware of and convince them to use other Habbox services like the forum, radio, rare values, news, wiki and competitions.
    Frankly inter-departmental promotion is abysmal. The only times I hear Habboxlive advertise the forum is when the DJ actually actively uses the forum. The forum itself really does little to promote anything, other than the community notice board (Which is easily ignored) there really is no promotion of anything else.

I cannot myself recall a single event where any of Habbox.com, Habboxlive.com, Habboxforum.com or Habboxwiki.com have been mentioned more than once, in fact of the only time that I can actually remember them being mentioned or promoted it was only as an after thought after the event was basically already over.
    Last edited by Chippiewill; 02-04-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonalds View Post
    habbox should make something like death run, and i don't mean someone do it for xxmattgxx or something, i mean ideally management should have a room. death runs could be/ are better than stuff like runs with many rooms, as there's just one room and people will stay in that one, putting habbox's name on the room thing. we also need better events rooms and LETS ALL BE NICE
    I've offered to put furniture down in rooms before (in managements rooms) - not giving more stuff to Hx though, must have given a lot in the past - but that was to be spread out amongst users, not for managements back pockets when they close the event lol I understand that management are worried about it then being picked up randomly.

A death run which requires forum membership would be good - as in not at the start, but later on. Obviously joining the habbox group would be necessary too.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Marketing View Post
    I've offered to put furniture down in rooms before (in managements rooms) - not giving more stuff to Hx though, must have given a lot in the past - but that was to be spread out amongst users, not for managements back pockets when they close the event lol I understand that management are worried about it then being picked up randomly.

A death run which requires forum membership would be good - as in not at the start, but later on. Obviously joining the habbox group would be necessary too.
    That's the thing, many times I see win a rooms done or big events such as HxEE and it's usually always staff members winning, when I began at Habbox in 2009 I joined when HxEE was in session and the 3 top people (Urnuph, me and Jhazmine18) were not staff and the first staff member was about 5th in the table. I don't think we should ban staff or higher staff entering events or anything but sometimes give others a chance.

I remember I had a Habbox Telephrase Maze for news (YES A CONTENT DEPARTMENT) whilst various community ones had nothing, yeah I didn't get many entries but it was something extra someone could win each week. Again there was no thanks or anything. We need to constantly advertise on Habbo, if you get banned just appeal it or use a clone - it can be done.

Tokens
    Habbo
    J25T

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    You were probably taking the piss by posting this but unfortunately for you - This is the sort of stuff that actually affects the activity of the forum. Like I have mentioned in the other thread. Habbox needs to become more acceptable to these type of threads or people who are the younger generation and also people who may troll here and now. We have all done it but it is one of the main reasons why other fansites are doing better than us at this moment in time.
    The same happened in the mod forum and the person got jumped on. Not sure how this thread is any different from that? :S

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by j0rd View Post
    The same happened in the mod forum and the person got jumped on. Not sure how this thread is any different from that? :S
    It's not, and that's the problem... It seems to be the attitude of a lot of the older users. Better to keep this type of banter that might be misconstrued by outsiders out of public view though

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by j0rd View Post
    "Someone else was abhorrently dismissive of a new member's ideas so therefore I, as a moderator of the forum, should also be allowed to"
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Not sure why everyones jumping the boat on Jord, its not like members of management have ever been rude to forum members, new or old.

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast