Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

View Poll Results: Can you claim EMA?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 52.05%
  • No

35 47.95%
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
    Yes I understand that you might not get £30 in cash a week, but you probably get £30 per week in other stuff, scattered all over the week, clothing, other stuff, nights out, ect... with my family struggling I am lucky to get £10 a week in this economic climate.

you have to take these things into account.
    i guess so, but it probably depends on the circumstances. I work and i recieve the money and i fund myself entirely out of my own pocket. but i understand what you're saying and its probably true with a lot of people that moan because they dont qualify for EMA.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think it's fair with people who's got parents with no jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    omg i used 2 luv climbing up lamposts and sliding down

Tokens
    Habbo
    lxce

Latest Awards:

we don't have that here but we have something similar and they give it out to every family on an income to allowance ratio. As it happens we don't get any but our system seems to work pretty well because if you go to the grammar school here the uniform can be up to £200 all inclusive.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by LuketheDuke View Post

The bonuses also get me, why do kids who already get money weekly deserve extra rewards for showing up to school like the rest of us have to do anyway?
    Yeah very true, There is a big flaw in the system

Tokens

Latest Awards:

it isn't a flaw at all.

it's just hundreds of rich spoilt popular kids throwing their dummies out their prams because they are to wealthy for it.
    PSN: StefanWolves
    Add me if you play COD Black Ops or Fifa 11.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

it isn't a flaw at all.

it's just hundreds of rich spoilt popular kids throwing their dummies out their prams because they are to wealthy for it.
    way to stereotype a certain percent of the british population, without any justified reason whatsoever.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

you've changed your tune, you were fully in agreement with me earlier.

Originally Posted by TheWolf
    I think the people on this forum whos families have enough money to fund their children with £30 a week should stop moaning, stop being spoilt, EMA is for students whos families are struggling, for children that will need help in their later years, it isn't about "OH MY FAMILY OWNS OVER 25K I DONT GET EMA THATS UNFAIR ON ME!!" - it isn't, because you're family are obviously easily coping, your family earns enough to fund you with how much you need weekly.

Oh and all these people saying "I don't get EMA but my mom and dad are still struggling!!!!!!!!" is utter crap, that's the whole point of the EMA, if you don't get any EMA at all it means you parents are earning over £30,000 a year? (i think) - that is double the national minimum wage, and is easily enough income to survive in the current economic climate.

Stop moaning, just stop it.

My dad lost his job earlier this year, mom earns under 15k a year, so I get full £30 EMA ~ I deserve this as my dad can't find work and only earning £300 a week is VERY hard on a family of 4, mortgage, bills, and what not ~ we are a family thats really struggling, and I find it quite offensive that those of you who are not entitled to EMA are moaning, when families like mine really are struggling.

That's my opinion, you may not agree with it, but quite frankly I couldn't really give a damn.
    as much as my parents are very lucky to earn quite a bit of money between them, there would be no way in hell would they give me £30 a week - however i do agree with your post entirely.
    Originally Posted by TheWolf
    Yes I understand that you might not get £30 in cash a week, but you probably get £30 per week in other stuff, scattered all over the week, clothing, other stuff, nights out, ect... with my family struggling I am lucky to get £10 a week in this economic climate.

you have to take these things into account.
    i guess so, but it probably depends on the circumstances. I work and i recieve the money and i fund myself entirely out of my own pocket. but i understand what you're saying and its probably true with a lot of people that moan because they dont qualify for EMA.
    btw i wasn't quoting everyone but its what people are like around my area anyway.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by cocaine View Post
    way to stereotype a certain percent of the british population, without any justified reason whatsoever.
    same way as people are called "scroungers" or "chavs" and whatever else for getting money off the government

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    same way as people are called "scroungers" or "chavs" and whatever else for getting money off the government
    if that baseless and inappropriate comment was aimed at me, i suggest you take your narrow minded nature and read what I have previously posted in this thread. I'm talking about from the last page up till now.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

if that baseless and inappropriate comment was aimed at me, i suggest you take your narrow minded nature and read what I have previously posted in this thread. I'm talking about from the last page up till now.
    i think you got the wrong end of the stick, i was saying that people who get EMA and other benefits (that'd be me) are apparently "chavs" and "scroungers" read it again i quoted what cocaine said and fyi "i suggest you take your narrow minded nature and read what i have previously posted in this thread" and you would see that i'm for EMA and gave my reasons for, so don't jump the gun :S

pigged 25/08/2019

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast