Win BIG with HabboxStarz!
Show off your musical talent in our old skool singing competition! Big prizes to be won!
HxSS Awards winners and final standings!
It's all done! Click here to see the big big winners from this year's tournament, and the fan favourites for the awards!
Check out HabboxWiki!
The biggest and best archive of all things Habbo - could YOU be our next top editor?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Habbox is dying

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    No I meant providing the infrastructure. We need more Habbo presence and that is the responsibility of general management. There is very little evidence that general management are pulling their weight and doing things to improve this. For instance, just a few ideas I had:

I mentioned an SS/Army type room in my OP. These are popular with the younger Habbos that Habbox needs to attract.
    A one-room difficult maze offering a raffled prize (100c) where new members who enter are personally PMed with a welcome.

I also believe that Habbox needs to provide a service that regular Habbos find invaluable. Something they can't get elsewhere. I don't really know what that is, it's trial and error for the most part, testing the market but if something is found that works out and is similar to the effect RV had for Habbox, it could regenerate the fansite or at the very least slow down its decline.
    are trade rooms a thing anymore, they were popular right?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

No I meant providing the infrastructure. We need more Habbo presence and that is the responsibility of general management. There is very little evidence that general management are pulling their weight and doing things to improve this. For instance, just a few ideas I had:

I mentioned an SS/Army type room in my OP. These are popular with the younger Habbos that Habbox needs to attract.
    A one-room difficult maze offering a raffled prize (100c) where new members who enter are personally PMed with a welcome.

I also believe that Habbox needs to provide a service that regular Habbos find invaluable. Something they can't get elsewhere. I don't really know what that is, it's trial and error for the most part, testing the market but if something is found that works out and is similar to the effect RV had for Habbox, it could regenerate the fansite or at the very least slow down its decline.
    Are these ideas even considered? If not why not?

You are right, Habbox does need to find something unique on the client. However finding anything like RV would be difficult.

Having not played for so long I don't have any serious ideas, although some kind of league for teams like a sports/activity centre on a weekly basis not an annual event might be worth a thought. Obviously it would need to be regular for it to draw more attention and more teams. I am out of touch with the game, but want to try to help find ideas, even if they are rubbish ones.
    It's the quality of your posts that count, not the quantity!

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

They were. Not sure if they still are. I wasn't a huge trader but it is the Habbo subculture I tried to capitalise on most when I was AGM (just because rare values popularity has diminished doesn't mean the trading subculture vanished, it's still there was my hypothesis) At the time, we had a Trade City room that was advertising us. On its own it was pretty useless. I do not believe the Official Rooms policy that Habbox has really does anyone any benefit: Habbox or the room owner.

I tried a few things:

Sponsorship. The room owner would pay a small fee per month to be affiliated with Habbox and in return, Habbox would use the room for official events and competitions. It would have its name on banners associated with that event. Aaron (owner of the Trade City room) actually agreed to pay for a trial basis and that is why when the Habbox Lottery was launched, it was "sponsored by Trade City." We even hosted it in their room but it was incompatible with the strict rules the room had and the community weren't a big fan of it. I paid him his money back and thanked him. He was such a nice guy that I told him as a gesture of goodwill, I'd keep his room name on the banner even if the venue had to move to HxHD then to my own room.

Then I thought of the Habbox Trade Team. This would be RV acting like shopkeepers for users and was one of the "services" that I trialed. When it worked, this actually worked like a charm. CaptainAce was particularly effective at it but a lot of the RV staff weren't really interested apart from a select few so it didn't have the effect I'd hoped for.

After that, I saw how auction rooms were taking off and thought Habbox could get involved with one of those but I didn't really get that far with it as I resigned shortly after that. I see welshcake has opened one now but I'm guessing it's not really popular (see my comment above about the Official Rooms policy). If I'm wrong, I'm sorry, I've never really looked.

- - - Updated - - -

That first post was in response to Dave, oops.
    The SS/Army thing is a new idea I haven't proposed before.

However, I suggested the maze room back in November 2013.

Sadly, general management have not been pulling their weight for years. I even admitted in that thread that I was one of them (it's such an easy trap to fall into) and this is why I've been banging on about an action plan ever since.

(I like the sports idea. Habbos have been known to play football, I think it's a niche market but it could be worth a shot. Bad pun totally intended)
    Last edited by Inseriousity.; 12-07-2015 at 11:29 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Helloo,

So I am going to be the first person (I'm sure of many) to say that I haven't been an ambassador for Habbox on client at all recently because of my poor internet connection for the summer but for a while I got quite into Habbo and getting people signed up. Getting people signed up is unbelievably easy!! The hard part is getting them to stay.

In terms of getting them signed up, here are some referral stats for you. Of all the people who have registered on the Forum this year, 318 people have put something in the Referral box. Here are the top five:

Myself and Richie are in the top five, neither of us are active on Habbo lately and Richie isn't even active on the Forum and one of them is Google?! The others are Kimmy and Tommy who do a great job at getting people on the site so well done to them. Even though we are in the top five, that's still now a lot. I think the Community staff can be doing more here especially in Events. For example, all I did for those to sign up was by talking to people in a queue waiting for an event to start, it's easy.

On terms of getting them to stay, besides competitions there's not a whole lot because let's face it, new members sign up for credits! Something I have thought about is giving like each DJ and each Events Organiser 2 Weeks of VIP to give out per week and create a "Newbie VIP" for them to give to new users to help them sign up and then make them feel special by being VIP when they arrive.

In terms of Referrals, I could start doing monthly referral competitions or something too?

Okay so probably none of this makes sense but I just drove five hours home and I'm tired xox I will be looking at this thread and Jens thread carefully over the next while.

Thanks everyone

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think Google is Karter?

edit; nah it his habbo name

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I always tell them to leave the referral box blank lmao.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I always tell them to leave the referral box blank lmao.
    You're just making excuses!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

My name is just super long lmao and they'd just forget the dot anyway

Tokens
    Habbo
    KrushGear

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    100% FREE!!!!!!!!!catfish installation programme
    BE THE PERSON YOU WERE ALWAYS MEANT TO BE
    NO FEES
    NO OBLIGATIONS

JUST FREE ADVICE ON A RANGE OF OPTIONS SUCH AS

1> choosing a name!
    b. genderbending for dummies!
    III) locating the fragile targets

AND SO MUCH MORE!!!!!!!
    *REMOVED*

i have been gone for ONE weekend and stuff like this happens fml

bye mike lub u ill respond in more detail when i have fully grasped hold of whatevers happenin

moderator alert Edited by mdport. (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not provoke arguments or target other users.
    Last edited by Matt; 13-07-2015 at 01:57 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jetcutie

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    are trade rooms a thing anymore, they were popular right?
    They are still around, I myself built one. But everyone uses Yukees Auction. it's the new habbo I guess

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast