Win BIG with HabboxStarz!
Show off your musical talent in our old skool singing competition! Big prizes to be won!
HxSS Awards winners and final standings!
It's all done! Click here to see the big big winners from this year's tournament, and the fan favourites for the awards!
Check out HabboxWiki!
The biggest and best archive of all things Habbo - could YOU be our next top editor?

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm not sure how much difference it would make to activate post counts in just that forum in particular. I don't pay attention to what forums have post count and what don't and I doubt new members would even think about the difference.

The getting staff and being noticed ideas make sense but they are down to the management.

The only thing I would alter about reputation (and I've said this time and time again) is the spread limit. As it stands, the reputation system does not provide a reliable indication of somebody's actual reputation around the forum (especially new members). This is because if a very good member regularly makes posts you think deserve positive reputation, there is no chance of you being able to award it for each of that person's good posts. Not to mention with the "dying community", there are even less opportunities to spread the rep to be allowed to rep the same person again.

This isn't an important point, but I was also wondering if more rep blocks should be added instead of stopping at the current maximum. It's just because earning rep blocks are the same as the excitement, if you like, of earning rep points and rep powers. But when I realised my rep blocks were already the same as people like Jake's, I was kind of like 'oh :/'. It's just with such a huge gap in rep/posts between people like me and people like Jake, you wouldn't expect the rep blocks to be the same, is all.
    Last edited by Black_Apalachi; 28-12-2009 at 08:53 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    crashb555

Latest Awards:

For someone in my situation who rarely reps, I find myself unable to rep posts because I haven't repped 30 people since I last repped that person (and it was probably a year since I last repped them).

I said it when they were introduced that the limits need to be more than before, but not as high as they stand. It is hard to become established round here, I think the management need to start making changes, rather than just talking about them. This has been an issue for a while and the only change i'm aware of is the Post Approval count dropping (I could well be wrong, and if I am, sorry!), and that needs to go now. It's almost a punishment before they've even posted that they have to wait for approval.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Forum needs major changes and quick, not discuss it for ages in the top secret admin forum and then say "next month"

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Forum needs major changes and quick, not discuss it for ages in the top secret admin forum and then say "next month"
    Well for the moment i doubt much will be done, the server has decided it doesnt like MattGarners and a smods ips and wont let them on, so he cant even got on LOL, so doubt anythink will happen str8 away.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Innit it would be a big help if Jin logs on (fingers crossed)

Edit: Im just too good.
    Last edited by Sammeth.; 28-12-2009 at 10:22 PM.
    Sammeth.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Rep system could be replaced with a "like" function, if a post is good you just "like" it. The system is fine the way it is though, and of course you will feel inferior when you're inferior, it's how the rep power system works, as with post counts

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    Rep system could be replaced with a "like" function, if a post is good you just "like" it. The system is fine the way it is though, and of course you will feel inferior when you're inferior, it's how the rep power system works, as with post counts
    I am really for a post-thanks system like this. Reputation is so private, even under the rules it is private. Public signs of thanks always makes people feel better and will encourage people to make better posts if they see that they are publicly acknowledged for it .
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
    I am really for a post-thanks system like this. Reputation is so private, even under the rules it is private. Public signs of thanks always makes people feel better and will encourage people to make better posts if they see that they are publicly acknowledged for it .
    public signs of thanks or appreciation can surely be posts?
    Sammeth.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sammeth. View Post
    public signs of thanks or appreciation can surely be posts?
    I agree with Sam.

I think the rep system is fine, it just needs tweaking (I made a thread a while back but it didn't get well recieved)
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Jin:

Latest Awards:

Post count
    Won't solve the problem, those who feel elite due to their high post will continue to "play" the forum games. Which will mean their post count will be pointlessly and undeservedly 30k+ whilst the "new" users will have 3k which is will still belittle the new members because of course they dont have a post count in the tens or whatever.

Getting staff
    I would say the opposite the application is what will win you your position however generally speaking it is fair to assume the older more experienced forum user will also submit a better application.

Noticed
    ?

Maybe a complete scrapping of the reputation system is not a bad idea or reducing all rep power down to 1 permanently.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast