HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Mods

Tokens
    Habbo
    Grig

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Callum. View Post
    it just sums up habbox tbh. staff love to go through the drama of leaving, then picking it back up later when they realise they shoulda stayed. bit silly really, ofcourse they're going to be better than a new mod, but it all comes in time etc. the amount of times people leave and come back is terrible, sort it out.
    One thing I know about Habbox is that some people pour heart and soul over the fansite and genuinely love working here, so when they have to come to a decision to leave it is two way battle over getting themselves to leave.

I've been caught red-handed doing the same thing once myself. There's nothing to sort out in terms of it, maybe a bit more management pressure to stay- sorted it like that for a few of my staff.
    Former: HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager, International HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager (Int.), Asst. News Manager, Debates Leader (numerous times) and 9999 other roles, including resident boozehound

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Grig View Post
    One thing I know about Habbox is that some people pour heart and soul over the fansite and genuinely love working here, so when they have to come to a decision to leave it is two way battle over getting themselves to leave.

I've been caught red-handed doing the same thing once myself. There's nothing to sort out in terms of it, maybe a bit more management pressure to stay- sorted it like that for a few of my staff.
    yeah it's quite easy to see that. staff are bigger addicts than like richie
    hi

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Grig View Post
    maybe a bit more management pressure to stay- sorted it like that for a few of my staff.
    I disagree tbh. I'd rather train someone new who actually wanted to be there than someone who had that conflict of "should I stay or should I go?". I now have a policy of making any ex-staff apply like everyone else if they resign and want to come back. It filters out those who do want to come back from those who can't be bothered and want it for the wrong reasons. Only difference though is that they don't have to do the trial.

However, that's the competitions department and moderation is a whole different ball game. Competitions (and generally most departments) can take time to train people up to a good standard whereas moderators are under a lot more pressure to be good at a very early stage so I can see why they'd prefer the method of (re)hiring old moderators. I'm sure they'll all do a great job so no complaints from me

Tokens
    Habbo
    Grig

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    I disagree tbh. I'd rather train someone new who actually wanted to be there than someone who had that conflict of "should I stay or should I go?". I now have a policy of making any ex-staff apply like everyone else if they resign and want to come back. It filters out those who do want to come back from those who can't be bothered and want it for the wrong reasons. Only difference though is that they don't have to do the trial.

However, that's the competitions department and moderation is a whole different ball game. Competitions (and generally most departments) can take time to train people up to a good standard whereas moderators are under a lot more pressure to be good at a very early stage so I can see why they'd prefer the method of (re)hiring old moderators. I'm sure they'll all do a great job so no complaints from me

Well it's a two way argument here. I do see where your coming from and yeh, sometimes people did come back, take the piss by spamming a spam thread, but when it came down to knitty grity work- didn't achieve as much. However, more times than not persuading them to take a leave of absence to think it over was the best strategy. I always say that when it is a talented member doing say 50 slots, 50 articles, 50 mod logs etc. to think it over if they suddenly decide to quit. However, if there is a downhill gradient in their activity, then yes there won't be any point.
    Former: HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager, International HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager (Int.), Asst. News Manager, Debates Leader (numerous times) and 9999 other roles, including resident boozehound

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i definitely agree that youknow, an experienced mod needs no training can get straight in there and sort things out, but it's like with every job here at habbox (except perhaps the radio department) same old names, same old faces.
    get some new blood in.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by bethie View Post
    i definitely agree that youknow, an experienced mod needs no training can get straight in there and sort things out, but it's like with every job here at habbox (except perhaps the radio department) same old names, same old faces.
    get some new blood in.
    We have Dean, Interact and Con (he came back but he's still fresh faced). I think there has been a nice mix of old and new and I disagree fully with Richie's post, and the calls of "power mad" begin to get tiresome after a while.
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Some of you seem to be putting the people who resign down and saying they don't care about Habbox. Well, I hate to break it to you but there's a hell of a lot more to life than Habbox and if something in life (afterall Habbox is not life) crops up that means you can't be at Habbox for a while then yeah resign - it doesn't mean you don't care it just means you've got bigger things going on at that moment in time.

Later on, when these issues may have died down and you wish to return - you approach the manager of the department you worked for and see if there is any available positions. Now put yourself in a managers position, you get someone coming up to you who was previously highly ranked in your department, did an absolutely excellent job and you know 100% that bringing them back would be a positive decision. Do you put this person right to the bottom of the pack (where you know they are over-experienced for) or do you give them a job you know they can do effectively. In some departments there needs to be a ladder system but the Forum Department is not one of them, you can't just promote someone to Super Moderator because they are "next in line" - they have to be ready for the challenge of being a Super Moderator. If I was to be harsh, I could name you two people who became Super Moderators too early within the past 12 months, I could also link you to many complaint threads about them and I could also link you to their consequent resignations. I'm sorry, but I'm not willing to see James and Martin piss around promoting moderators who aren't ready to become Super Moderators to then not only see forum users getting pissed off, Forum Management getting pissed off but also shattering that Moderators chances of succeeding, literally because we've promoted them too early.

Of course, there are limits and Catzsy is a prime example of this, she resigned as a Super Moderator over 6 months ago she has now returned on trial - purely because it has been 6 months since she resigned and things have changed in this time. So there's 1) We don't let people come back into high roles if they resigned a long time ago unless it's an exceptional circumstance.

Also, those of you who mention a lot of people repeatedly resigning and coming back - this is something I am cracking down on and have refused people staff positions on multiple occasions as they have resigned and returned more than once. Those who try to resign and return more than once in a short amount of time are asked to go through the application and trial period again.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Oli if thats the case then why is recursion on trial

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthrea...ight=Recursion

Pretty sure he just resigned just bang on a month ago.

I don't see how the moderation team are different to habboxlive recruiting staff wise. You wouldn't see someone such as scotty for example coming back as a head dj. (Maybe he got fired, but I have never seen someone jump the 'ladder' in the habboxlive department, yes maybe some of the promotions were wrong but they still went up the ladder like everyone else)

anyway I gtg out, have fun replying to me x
    Last edited by Richie; 22-11-2010 at 07:49 PM. Reason: because I hate management, queers. (joke)
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    Oli if thats the case then why is recursion on trial

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthrea...ight=Recursion

Pretty sure he just resigned just bang on a month ago.

I don't see how the moderation team are different to habboxlive recruiting staff wise. You wouldn't see someone such as scotty for example coming back as a head dj. (Maybe he got fired, but I have never seen someone jump the 'ladder' in the habboxlive department, yes maybe some of the promotions were wrong but they still went up the ladder like everyone else)
    As James explained, all of the current returnees are trialists as the system has changed massively since they were last moderators. Moderation is entirely different to HabboxLive as it involves the safety of the 400 users that use this site every day and the powers (particularly) that super moderators are given could do a lot of damage to Habbox. Although, let it be said if we thought there wasn't a suitable placement lower down the ranks in HxL for Head DJ then I would happily hire an external candidate. We give jobs to the best candidate, not the person who's been here longest.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens

Latest Awards:

yeh big props to you about that new system, putting them on trial and making them show ther dedication again. I think the changes you've talked about implenting are good, although I think actually leaving and coming back so sudden doesn't look good on the non staff front. I mean, I don't know circumstances from resignations as I don't browse a ton anymore and how the resignation process goes but it could be different. like a grace period, or something when they ask to resign to go away a few days and think about it (yes this probably happens now, but they still come back after a few days).
    hi

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast