Win BIG with HabboxStarz!
Show off your musical talent in our old skool singing competition! Big prizes to be won!
HxSS Awards winners and final standings!
It's all done! Click here to see the big big winners from this year's tournament, and the fan favourites for the awards!
Check out HabboxWiki!
The biggest and best archive of all things Habbo - could YOU be our next top editor?

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post

Maybe a complete scrapping of the reputation system is not a bad idea or reducing all rep power down to 1 permanently.
    No no no. Just change a few settings. Don't do a forum wide fixed reputation power and don't scrap it either.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Hmm, even though I don't like it, I can't actually think of reason against permanently resetting all rep powers to 1 :eusa_thin.

If a post-thanks system was introduced, would everyone start at 0 or would we get some immediately based on current rep points?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Before it was changed it was only really management that seemed to have a problem with it. Why not just change it back to something similar to how it used to be and please the users of the forum.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
    Hmm, even though I don't like it, I can't actually think of reason against permanently resetting all rep powers to 1 :eusa_thin.

If a post-thanks system was introduced, would everyone start at 0 or would we get some immediately based on current rep points?
    The fact that resetting it all back to 1 permanently defeats the point of rep. People wouldn't care anymore about rep as every rep will only increase their rep point by 1, and it would also mean no one would care anymore as the rep power will never increase.

Post-thanks system is crap too. I can see everyone just thanking every post. And it would start at 0.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    The fact that resetting it all back to 1 permanently defeats the point of rep. People wouldn't care anymore about rep as every rep will only increase their rep point by 1, and it would also mean no one would care anymore as the rep power will never increase.

Post-thanks system is crap too. I can see everyone just thanking every post. And it would start at 0.
    Well if it was all reset to 1, I think the amount of rep points would need to appear with the rest of your details in the top corner of posts so there is something to show for the rep you have.

And I sort of agree with your point on the post-thanks because I registered to a forum the other day because I needed some tech help with something. Anyway they have a system like that and I ended up clicking thanks on every reply to my thread because it doesn't make sense to say 'Thanks for your help' without clicking it does it. Besides, they could still put restrictions on it like the current situation, so we'd just be back at square one anyway.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
    Well if it was all reset to 1, I think the amount of rep points would need to appear with the rest of your details in the top corner of posts so there is something to show for the rep you have.

And I sort of agree with your point on the post-thanks because I registered to a forum the other day because I needed some tech help with something. Anyway they have a system like that and I ended up clicking thanks on every reply to my thread because it doesn't make sense to say 'Thanks for your help' without clicking it does it. Besides, they could still put restrictions on it like the current situation, so we'd just be back at square one anyway.
    Not only that, post-thanks looks ugly. Its just not needed. I like posting more in order to try and get a higher rep power, resetting it to 1 permanently would be just "/
    Just tweak the settings, put it back to what it was. Who cares if a few people have like 50 rep power.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Post count
    Won't solve the problem, those who feel elite due to their high post will continue to "play" the forum games. Which will mean their post count will be pointlessly and undeservedly 30k+ whilst the "new" users will have 3k which is will still belittle the new members because of course they dont have a post count in the tens or whatever.

Getting staff
    I would say the opposite the application is what will win you your position however generally speaking it is fair to assume the older more experienced forum user will also submit a better application.

Noticed
    ?

Maybe a complete scrapping of the reputation system is not a bad idea or reducing all rep power down to 1 permanently.
    Scrapping the system will give people even less incentive. Why does it bother you if people have 30k posts if it lets new users get to 3k rather than the 30 they get before they quit. Conservatism isn't going to make things better. You know much more than me, you're the owner. The staff bit was a silly idea and I do agree with what people are saying about that. People stay with forums once they have an identity and people know who they are, it's an online forum people who are trying to find their feet on the forum would be much happier if they were able to get reputation easier and posts easier. As it is most of them quit before there posts stop having to be approved anyway.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't agree that reputation be abolished, but do agree that it should be made easier to get for newer users and those with lower rep power and the amount of points to the next rep power should increase as you get more. I also agree with Sammeth that the limitations concerning reputation are way too strict and need to be lowered for people to start using the system more frequently. How many people do you have to rep before you can rep the same person again? Like thirty? The amount of times I've wanted to rep someone but can't is just stupid.

I don't really think there are any problems concerning post count. I find a good few threads to post in each day, and could easily get one hundred posts a day if I wanted. If people want to increase their post count faster they could always post in any of the what are you listening to/watching/eating/etc threads.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Current Rep Power System:

+1 Rep power every:

• 365 days registered
    • 600 rep points
    • 5000 posts

It's either 30 or 50 people you must rep before repping the same member again.

New members are gonna take a year or more to get 600 rep points, which is absurd really.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens

Latest Awards:

5000 posts?

Make it:

+1 Rep power every:

365 days registered (as an anniversary gift)
    250 rep points
    2000 posts

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast