Win BIG with HabboxStarz!
Show off your musical talent in our old skool singing competition! Big prizes to be won!
HxSS Awards winners and final standings!
It's all done! Click here to see the big big winners from this year's tournament, and the fan favourites for the awards!
Check out HabboxWiki!
The biggest and best archive of all things Habbo - could YOU be our next top editor?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Skizzling

Latest Awards:

I think the call in show idea is pretty good, perhaps have a quiz, finish the lyrics or something or maybe even a different game each week. It will get the listeners involved too which I'm sure they'll love! I'll probably listen in too.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    Skype calls are only good if the two ppl know what they are gonna talk about and not stumble over each other.
    Yeah, to avoid this they'll have to ring them up just before and discuss what they're going to say before. It will also be better if it was live, and not pre-recorded because I'm sure HxL management say you have to record it before going on air. If it was recorded then the 'live' feeling wouldn't be that good.

And yeah, Richie your show with Ryan (Chicken) was good when you recorded the prank calls live but then you had to pre-record them and it just wasn't the same feeling as the others knowing that they were pre-recorded.
    Last edited by Calvin; 26-10-2010 at 09:47 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Oh jeez, the Good old chicken and rice days!

Anywho, on topic, when I listen to Hxl, I'm usually looking for songs that I don't hear on a regular day. Sure, some requests for current chart hits is fine but mix it up, play some stuff that just came out, different genre, ect... I know someone will say "Just listen to a Weekly Show" but honestly, there is 7 hours of weekly shows a week, out of 168 hours in a week, which makes that 4.2% of the week that isn't just chart hits. I think that the last 300 songs played is good, even a last 100 songs played would be good!

Coming from an ex-DJ, mix it up a little! If someone requests a song and it was played last hour, play another song from the same artist from a year or two ago. Just because someone requests a song, it doesn't mean you have to play it. If you go, "I do it to keep them happy" just think there is going to be UNhappy because you're playing an overplayed song

My views

Tokens
    Habbo
    Fudge

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    When I was a dj I used to do prank calls but then I got in **** because it was bad or some crap so now djs have to pre record prank calls, which defeats the purpose of them by doing them on live radio.
    Well I don't see a problem with doing them live, we have listeners on air and the risk of one of them saying something inappropriate is always there, if that happens we have to kick them off and apologise, if prank calls were to become a regular thing I don't see why the same thing couldn't just happen for that too, but that's up to Gemma really .

I don't really think HabboxLive is any more repetitive than other radios and real life ones, Jess showed me a site ages ago that showed how much variety irl radios play: www.comparemyradio.com - if you look on that and select like Radio 1 or Heart, they play barely any variety at all and only have like 1000 unique songs in a month whereas I'd say HabboxLive would probably have at least double that. It's obviously not a nice thing to hear the same song like a million times but we do have rules in place and if DJs are caught to be playing songs more than is natural (an artist/song twice in a show, etc) they will be dealt with by HxL management.
    Last edited by sammy; 27-10-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sammify View Post
    Well I don't see a problem with doing them live, we have listeners on air and the risk of one of them saying something inappropriate is always there, if that happens we have to kick them off and apologise, if prank calls were to become a regular thing I don't see why the same thing couldn't just happen for that too, but that's up to Gemma really .
    General management*

I'm pretty sure jess didn't have a say when they enforced the rule which is ridiculous
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skizzling

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sammify View Post

I don't really think HabboxLive is any more repetitive than other radios and real life ones, Jess showed me a site ages ago that showed how much variety irl radios play: www.comparemyradio.com - if you look on that and select like Radio 1 or Heart, they play barely any variety at all and only have like 1000 unique songs in a month whereas I'd say HabboxLive would probably have at least double that. It's obviously not a nice thing to hear the same song like a million times but we do have rules in place and if DJs are caught to be playing songs more than is natural (an artist/song twice in a show, etc) they will be dealt with by HxL management.
    Radio1 plays barely variety at all? Please tell me that was a joke Sam?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

radio 1 have a good variety. sure their core playlist is mainstream, but then from 7pm they have a mix of genre specific shows, so s'all good.

Tokens
    Habbo
    .Shar.

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by bethie View Post
    radio 1 have a good variety. sure their core playlist is mainstream, but then from 7pm they have a mix of genre specific shows, so s'all good.
    This.

HxL needs more of a variety, when I tune in its all chart music which really gets boring after a while.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

I have to agree with the comments made about the variety, i have noticed this and myself do play a hell of a lot of chart music but thats whats requested it could be some sort of rule, i'm sure myself, gemma and matt could come up with some rules .

Tokens
    Habbo
    Fudge

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzling View Post
    Radio1 plays barely variety at all? Please tell me that was a joke Sam?
    I don't think they play much variety really, and according to this they don't anyway - or we play more than them, whatever!! It says variety gauge, 24% O_O.

By variety I mean genres and older songs from popular artists, Radio 1 and other radios like that tend to play more new and chart music and although hxl does this too I think we have a bigger mix, a thing that a lot of DJs do which is good is play older songs from new artists such as Lady Gaga, Rihanna, etc. We certainly play more than stations like Radio 1 so I don't think there's much to worry about.
    Last edited by sammy; 27-10-2010 at 12:43 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    .Shar.

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by JamesOYES View Post
    I have to agree with the comments made about the variety, i have noticed this and myself do play a hell of a lot of chart music but thats whats requested it could be some sort of rule, i'm sure myself, gemma and matt could come up with some rules .
    That sounds like a good idea, thanks James

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast