Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Yes, staff spam certainly exists and is insisted on by the majority of staff AND for some reason management under the pretence of "staff bonding", which actually equates to "non-staff exclusion". Obviously the lay people, newcomers, even community figureheads with years of forum experience, are not worthy of the presence of such deific creatures as Trialist DJs and Event Organisers, for we are just too mean and dirty to speak to those on high
    We are not worthy of their high and mighty stature! I shall jump on over to the tower and begin to bow in admiration!

Staff bonding can be carried on with community bonding. It's a community forum, something I and many others keep nagging about but if they can't do that it's no wonder continuous issues arise :/

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

The reason I was (repeatedly) given for staff believing that spam is still run by a clique of aggressive malcontents á la 2007 is that Stephen is sometimes rude. Genuine.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The reason I was (repeatedly) given for staff believing that spam is still run by a clique of aggressive malcontents á la 2007 is that Stephen is sometimes rude. Genuine.
    I didn't know Stephen was the Spam forum, but fair play From what I've seen he's easily ignorable or being playful. I'd rather that than pure boredom and uniformism coming from the management side of things

Besides, the actual spam forum can't be as bad as the staff spam - everything is accountable for in that, Christ knows what they say in the staff one

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    I didn't know Stephen was the Spam forum, but fair play From what I've seen he's easily ignorable or being playful. I'd rather that than pure boredom and uniformism coming from the management side of things

Besides, the actual spam forum can't be as bad as the staff spam - everything is accountable for in that, Christ knows what they say in the staff one
    Irrelevant, but did you know that in the staff sections (Habboxlive forum) they are allowed to share torrents to songs, yet normal members aren't allowed.

The recent events with a certain cherry have probably helped reinforce those beliefs even though everything said was more or less justified.
    That's when Ron vanished, came back speaking Spanish
    Lavish habits, two rings, twenty carats

Tokens
    Habbo
    fotografia

Latest Awards:

It actually makes me feel a bit belittled that there is a 'Staff Spam' and that is where they choose to post instead of the Spam where we all post. Don't get me wrong - some of my dearest friends on HxF are staff - but I feel like I am being put on a level below when they all talk in there and rarely post where everyone can see. Maybe it is just a bit of a complex that I have but I would really love to see my friends on staff posting on the boards I or others make there. Staff get plenty of 'bonding' without a special Staff Spam forum for them. They are constantly working together and I am more than certain that the majority of staff have their good friends on places where bonding is even easier like instant messaging platforms and social networking sites.

At the very least, I wish they would trial getting rid of Staff Spam for a while and have everyone post on main Spam. I know I am not the best and oldest poster on the forum and it was a bit intimidating for me to start interacting with the people who are regulars in Spam because they seemed so established but for the most part my fears were unfounded. The majority of Spam (myself included now) are kind people. It is the first and last forum I check and post on daily and I think having the staff there would be really nice. I won't deny that there are rude people but, for goodness sake, don't let that have staff hide themselves from the rest of us who really would just love to talk!

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Drama with Cerys has nothing to do with spam, those with a genuine reason to dislike her do so because of problems in the health section. That's not the same as people banding together to exclude a new member.

As for staff torrents, I don't know if such threads do exists but I'm fairly sure that the HxL guidelines used to insist on only using legally paid for tracks, can someone in management confirm whether or not this is still the case? I don't really know how HxL gets around the DMCA laws on royalties and the suchlike but even if those don't apply to us I'm pretty sure sharing and distributing copyrighted content is illegal
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

I do wonder what new members think of red writing and mod warnings... Deeb has pointed out quite an interesting factor that could be putting of newly registered members. Pointless posting should be coming out with any old twoddle that is completely... pointless. I've seen a few instances where humour and related posts that are mildly bizarre be considered pointless when pointless generally means "lacks a point/doesn't have a point". If a post relates even slightly to the topic at hand, then it isn't pointless or off-topic.

Also, do the staff forums exist? You only need an announcement board and a "staff room"esque forum to discuss strictly private topics. Anything with forum-wide discussions really should be kept to the public forums - maybe then we could see staff actually engaging in threads rather than hiding away in their ivory towers
    Staff forums exist and it's important for these forums to exist as they contain information for the staff such as user guides, important announcements in regards of that department and other useful stuff which is specifically for that department. If staff don't work in that specific department then there is no reason for the other staff to be told about it, hence why there is separate staff forums. In terms of engaging into the actual public forums, that would be more related to the staff spam threads than the actual staff forums in general.

They wanted him to be banned before we got rid of spam threads! Joke, but I'm I really joking...

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    Irrelevant, but did you know that in the staff sections (Habboxlive forum) they are allowed to share torrents to songs, yet normal members aren't allowed.

The recent events with a certain cherry have probably helped reinforce those beliefs even though everything said was more or less justified.
    HabboxLive aren't allowed to share torrents in the staff section, that has been cracked down on heavily over the past couple of days. Moderation in the staff forums will also be improved to make it equal between normal members and staff members when it comes to the forum rules which I stated to all of them last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by jasey View Post
    It actually makes me feel a bit belittled that there is a 'Staff Spam' and that is where they choose to post instead of the Spam where we all post. Don't get me wrong - some of my dearest friends on HxF are staff - but I feel like I am being put on a level below when they all talk in there and rarely post where everyone can see. Maybe it is just a bit of a complex that I have but I would really love to see my friends on staff posting on the boards I or others make there. Staff get plenty of 'bonding' without a special Staff Spam forum for them. They are constantly working together and I am more than certain that the majority of staff have their good friends on places where bonding is even easier like instant messaging platforms and social networking sites.

At the very least, I wish they would trial getting rid of Staff Spam for a while and have everyone post on main Spam. I know I am not the best and oldest poster on the forum and it was a bit intimidating for me to start interacting with the people who are regulars in Spam because they seemed so established but for the most part my fears were unfounded. The majority of Spam (myself included now) are kind people. It is the first and last forum I check and post on daily and I think having the staff there would be really nice. I won't deny that there are rude people but, for goodness sake, don't let that have staff hide themselves from the rest of us who really would just love to talk!
    If I remember correctly, there was like 1-3 people of management who actually agreed into a trial and I know for that sure one of them was me and the other Bethie. Everyone else feels like these threads don't cause any issues in terms of lack of posts in the main forums and even if they were removed then they wouldn't post in the public forums more.

Here's some of the reasons that were mainly said by staff members in regards why they post in staff spam threads:
    • They are fun and it's easier to chat with the rest of the department
    • Good way of making friends and having a laugh
    • Find it easier to talk to people via the thread instead of making a new thread about it
    • Bonding

One of the answers that I received during a survey was that there was nothing interesting to post in. That type of answer always baffles me because if there isn't anything you find interesting, why not make the thread yourself?
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 21-03-2012 at 08:02 AM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    Grig

Latest Awards:

Spam threads are a pretty recent concept though. Some departments started the trend in 2008. Others followed in 2009/2010. Before that, I don't think the department was disjointed. In reality, I thought radio was more together without the thread. However, it did create lots of individual spam threads within staff forums. However, for news is bonded people more. So it kind of had a different effect on different departments.

I am not tending strongly in one direction or the other as there are pros and cons with having staff spam there, but you could always trial it. I'm not sure that much more people will start using regular spam though.
    Former: HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager, International HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager (Int.), Asst. News Manager, Debates Leader (numerous times) and 9999 other roles, including resident boozehound

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Yeah some departments hardly use the spam thread.
    Sent from my 7 Mozart using Board Express

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by jasey View Post

No we don't all post in the spam, if we did there would be thousands of threads per day.
    Again I do not agree most of the staff in the departments I am in post on the forum, there are only a few that don't which do tend to be trialists if they have applied from habbox.com itself so again I feel it isn't that they don't post where we all can see. They do, they just post in other forums and if you are too into spam then you would not notice. .
    Sorry I am not forcing my staff to post in spam, you can't make them, just like you can't make them post in the staff spam forums, it doesn't mean that they are inactive, they post in the normal forums. They don't need to do anything more than do the role they volunteer to do.
    I thought that too, but when sly threads or comments are made about me when I don't even post there it get's annoying so why the hell should I be made to post there?
    It would be nice, not disputing that, but then again do you like everyone on the forum? You get a few staff posting in spam such as the forum moderators and others, I know it's not much but at least you get a few people. You can't make every single staff spam there, if you want your friends to join in maybe mention them so you can create a conversation with them .
    There are rude people, there are rude people all over the forum, doesn't mean we should stop posting though and although I don't post in spam, I post in many threads all over the forum but at least most of the staff in the departments I'm in do post, again I say you can't really ask for more. Most staff do not hide though, just because they don't post in spam doesn't mean they are hiding away. Are you familiar with some profiles, look at the staff list, look at their profiles and see how many posts they have, I think you might be surprised.

Not a dig I just didn't agree with all your post, but even if staff spam was closed I wouldn't post in the spam forum, in a rare occasion I will but it doesn't mean I am hiding away if I don't.

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast