Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

i was 6 or 7, going to ireland on easyjettt.

i think ive done about 30/40+ flights in my life time. i've already been on 4 this year haha.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by cocaine View Post
    i was 6 or 7, going to ireland on easyjettt.

i think ive done about 30/40+ flights in my life time. i've already been on 4 this year haha.
    This year?!?

Lucky you!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Adam! View Post
    Why are so many people scared of flying?!?!!?

Nothing to be scared about.
    the fact that you can plummet some thirty thousand feet in a fire of death and distruction is the thought on many peoples minds, so many things can go wrong. what like? i hear you ask anxiously..

well simple things like a bird flying into the engine causing all human life on board to die in a crash, it's happened and it's not uncommon.

you are always naturaly weary on your first flight, i was, don't worry.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Psych. View Post
    the fact that you can plummet some thirty thousand feet in a fire of death and distruction is the thought on many peoples minds, so many things can go wrong. what like? i hear you ask anxiously..

well simple things like a bird flying into the engine causing all human life on board to die in a crash, it's happened and it's not uncommon.

someones been listening to the media

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KhZwsYtNDE

a very perfect example of what happens during a birdstrike at take off. professionalism and well-trained pilots are what prevent such disaster.

by the way... i've never known of any birds that fly at 30,000 feet..

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by cocaine View Post
    someones been listening to the media

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KhZwsYtNDE

a very perfect example of what happens during a birdstrike at take off. professionalism and well-trained pilots are what prevent such disaster.

by the way... i've never known of any birds that fly at 30,000 feet..
    alright, replace bird with superman

the planes going down either way cocaine.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

alright, replace bird with superman

the planes going down either way cocaine.
    erm no not really the plane can still fly with one engine.

granted it would descend at a higher descent rate per minute than standard descents, due to the nature of the situation, the gravitational force when it descends would give it enough speed to maintain a normal approach, even with one engine. engines on a heavy jet (such as boeings, airbuses) have to be certified to be able to keep the plane airborne. a typical landing speed for a big-ish jet would be about 140 knots (V2+10 for those who know ). one engine can maintain 160 knots

i know what im talking about haha. sorry if none of that made sense. im watching the football game.
    Last edited by cocaine; 28-04-2009 at 08:39 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The fact that you can but very rarely - It's exactly the same as crossing a road imo, you could be crushed by a bus and then be trapped in a fire of death - I just don't understand how one can be scared of flying.

A bird strike is hardly anything - Nothing to worry about, nor is a engine faliure - Even a double engine faliure wouldn't be a major disaster because aircraft can and have landed after several hundred miles with no power at all. It is uncommon - The only reason plane crashes are on the news is because the amount of people that die in them, now I agree there are 1 or 2 a month - But how many car crashes are there a day? How many people die on the worlds roads everyday? - I rest my case.
    Last edited by Adam!; 28-04-2009 at 08:42 PM.
    Adam
    [email protected]

iPod touch 8gb.
    iPhone 3G 8GB.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

uhmmmm yeah, it is, lol. there are thousands and thousands of flights every day in the united states alone, its actually quite remarkable the very little amount of plane crashes there are. you are far more likely to die in a car crash on your way to the airport than you are in a plane crash.

Tokens
    Habbo
    sportstarbabe

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Adam! View Post
    I just don't understand how one can be scared of flying.
    The reason that I'm scared of flying is because if something does happen, then there's nothing you can do. You're thousands of feet in the air, and there'd be no rescue.

Although I do know that it's rare that something would go wrong, and even if something did go wrong, the pilot might still be able to land the plane, it's still a scary thought (for me).

Tokens

i've never been on an aeroplane, or abroad for that matter.
    my mum is convinced it's unsafe, lol. she's such a pessimist.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast