Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 97

Thread: Wayne Rooney

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6,050
    Tokens
    1,435

    Latest Awards:

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by immense View Post
    Rooney has said his piece:

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/9112052.stm

    Fair enough. He obviously wanted assurances from Gill he would be player with other players who are 'world class' - a promise Gill couldn't give.
    Adds to the hatred towards the owners. What was once the world's most profitable club is now in serious ****.


    Image removed by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature which exceed the maximum limits for your usergroup.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,385
    Tokens
    1,474

    Latest Awards:

    Default

    I think that's why he said it. Fans were fuming with him after Fergie's piece so he has been careful not to say anything bad about Fergie and flatter him and put the blame with the owners. Realistically, Rooney is greedy.

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6,050
    Tokens
    1,435

    Latest Awards:

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by immense View Post
    I think that's why he said it. Fans were fuming with him after Fergie's piece so he has been careful not to say anything bad about Fergie and flatter him and put the blame with the owners. Realistically, Rooney is greedy.
    He does have a point though, if United aren't willing to spend and Scholes and Giggs etc continue to age/retire then things aren't going to improve are they?


    Image removed by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature which exceed the maximum limits for your usergroup.

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,385
    Tokens
    1,474

    Latest Awards:

    Default

    Nah. I agree United aren't in a strong position. They are still up there challenging though. I think this is greed and pigheadedness on Rooney's behalf. You don't join a bigger club than Manchester United. He won't be adored like he is at United anywhere else in my opinion.

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Warrington
    Posts
    4,770
    Tokens
    201
    Habbo
    Splooosh

    Latest Awards:

    Default

    can some rich arab buy us plz

  6. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
    It's funny because it's Manchester United fans getting wound up over the 'White Pele'. I personally am just sitting back and laughing at this deal, joining in with the club coursing as much havoc as we can to those over at the swamp. If we sign him, great, if not we'll move on. Personally I'm not too sure on him considering he's only had one stand out season but we'll see.

    You think that last line gets to me? I'm seventeen, almost eighteen. You seriously believe I could care about how many trophies you've won? I've gone seventeen years without seeing a trophy, you get used to it. Maybe I'll open up a new business, 'how to survive without seeing your team with success', it'll be booming in a few years with all the depressed Manchester United fans... that's if they don't jump ship and support someone else.
    I'm not getting wound up by this Rooney thing at all. I've accepted that he's leaving us now, at first I was disappointed but now I have accepted it. If he goes to City we know that we will be getting the maximum amount we can, nobody will offer more than your club.

    You actually think I'd jump ship and support another team. Not a chance. It's sad to see my club in decline but who knows what is going to happen, we could win the league still this season and we could get bought out by some rich mug

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    7,556
    Tokens
    58

    Latest Awards:

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TorresIsACheat View Post
    I'm not getting wound up by this Rooney thing at all. I've accepted that he's leaving us now, at first I was disappointed but now I have accepted it. If he goes to City we know that we will be getting the maximum amount we can, nobody will offer more than your club.

    You actually think I'd jump ship and support another team. Not a chance. It's sad to see my club in decline but who knows what is going to happen, we could win the league still this season and we could get bought out by some rich mug
    Well actually you wont be getting maximum considering the player has stated that he wishes to leave and he has 18 months on his contract...

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6
    Tokens
    0

    Default

    He'll go to Chelsea or Man City

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    4,825
    Tokens
    0

    Latest Awards:

    Default

    Is this Clowgon
    Quote Originally Posted by TorresIsACheat View Post
    I'm not getting wound up by this Rooney thing at all. I've accepted that he's leaving us now, at first I was disappointed but now I have accepted it. If he goes to City we know that we will be getting the maximum amount we can, nobody will offer more than your club.

    You actually think I'd jump ship and support another team. Not a chance. It's sad to see my club in decline but who knows what is going to happen, we could win the league still this season and we could get bought out by some rich mug
    moderator alert Edited by eSocks (Forum Moderator): Please do not post off-topic, thanks.
    Last edited by Matthew; 22-10-2010 at 03:06 PM.
    PSN: StefanWolves
    Add me if you play COD Black Ops or Fifa 11.

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    7,556
    Tokens
    58

    Latest Awards:

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StefanWolves View Post
    Is this Clowgon
    Check your PM's.

    ---------- Post added 22-10-2010 at 10:02 AM ----------

    Edit: ****, I'm cautioned.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •