Win BIG with HabboxStarz!
Show off your musical talent in our old skool singing competition! Big prizes to be won!
HxSS Awards winners and final standings!
It's all done! Click here to see the big big winners from this year's tournament, and the fan favourites for the awards!
Check out HabboxWiki!
The biggest and best archive of all things Habbo - could YOU be our next top editor?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: New HxHD layout

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Skynus View Post
    We could also say why are you trying to turn this into a bad thing? The layout has changed just like everyone requested.
    So what happens when the management team start adopting this attitude to everything else? "Oh we don't need V7, V6 isn't the worst we've ever had."

Surely if we're all constantly complaining about how much Habbox is going downhill, we shouldn't be settling for something mediocre?

And going from no change to a bad change does not make this a good thing.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    I think you might be trying to make this a positive thing but, in all honesty, I don't see how. Are you trying to justify this layout by saying that, as it's not the worst one we've ever had, it's acceptable? Really?
    To be honest, I think people get a bit OTT over HxHD layouts. The layout is acceptable and suits the purpose. Yes people want this changed, that changed and anything else changed. Happens to all layouts and sometimes you just have to get by and live what you have. No one forces you to like it. Hell, we could go back to when we only change the layout once/twice a year!
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 08-06-2013 at 02:22 PM.
    HabboHub.net - A Habbo Origins Fansite

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think you might be trying to make this a positive thing but, in all honesty, I don't see how. Are you trying to justify this layout by saying that, as it's not the worst one we've ever had, it's acceptable? Really?
    The comma key on your keyboard wants to stop being raped

I get what you are saying though - personally I am always against the idea of "it isn't the worst, so it'll do". I thought everyone wanted to be the best they can be

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Marketing View Post
    The comma key on your keyboard wants to stop being raped

I get what you are saying though - personally I am always against the idea of "it isn't the worst, so it'll do". I thought everyone wanted to be the best they can be
    Sorry

I agree with Rosy's post about not being able to please everyone a couple of pages back (I think it was Abraham Lincoln) but this isn't really making anyone happy :S

Managed not to use a single comma there (A)

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

To be fair, we should be more happy that Graham/Kirst get their furni back when my internet connection gets back to normal.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skynus

Latest Awards:

So what happens when the management team start adopting this attitude to everything else? "Oh we don't need V7, V6 isn't the worst we've ever had."

Surely if we're all constantly complaining about how much Habbox is going downhill, we shouldn't be settling for something mediocre?

And going from no change to a bad change does not make this a good thing.
    Yeah, I understand the whole attitude some people have towards this but you've got to think about where a layout is going to come from, not even thinking about the funds for it either. We can't just pull layouts from our bums. Are you saying you would prefer for us to go back to the old layout then? Seeming this was a 'bad change'. Looking through all the old layouts, the one we have now is better than the majority of them in my own opinion.

As a side note, V6 probably is the worst we've had in terms of how 'heavy' it is
    Last edited by Tom; 08-06-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    To be fair, we should be more happy that Graham/Kirst get their furni back when my internet connection gets back to normal.
    Is Habbox really in a position where we can no longer fund the furniture for our own helpdesk? This whole borrowing thing does worry me in terms of people wanting stuff back, just sends out a bad message kinda I guess, whereas if everything in the room is owned by general management at the very least, at least there isnt that pressure and people making threads asking Habbox for their furniture back etc.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt660 View Post
    Is Habbox really in a position where we can no longer fund the furniture for our own helpdesk? This whole borrowing thing does worry me in terms of people wanting stuff back, just sends out a bad message kinda I guess, whereas if everything in the room is owned by general management at the very least, at least there isnt that pressure and people making threads asking Habbox for their furniture back etc.

The amount of changes to the HxHD layout that happens during the year would cost a lot of money credit wise if we did not at least borrow some furni that the layout uses. Especially if the layout that's going to be used has furni that costs a lot or is hard to get from the shop/marketplace during that time. To solve that - Would to be use one standard layout throughout the year and only changing it at like Christmas at the very least.

People don't normally ask for their furni back by creating threads. It's only occurred this once from what I remember? Because of the extra long period of the last layout being used. Bad timing for sure.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 08-06-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

[ur quote died up here]

I totally understand that we can't just mass-produce fantastic layouts but could the management team not at least accept that this rather than just going into defense mod and refusing to accept the community's opinions?

As a side note, V6 probably is the worst we've had in terms of how 'heavy' it is
    Yet we still don't have a V7?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

We could also say why are you trying to turn this into a bad thing? The layout has changed just like everyone requested.

---------- Post added 08-06-2013 at 03:16 PM ----------

I can safely say I still have all these images, they're not missing.
    I don't think I've ever loved you so much x
    /

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast