HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Jarkie

Latest Awards:

Default Diesel, Petrol, Hybrid and Electric Cars

Diesel, Petrol, Hybrid, Electric Cars

Most of us know that majority of cars around the world are either Diesel and Petrol with in-fact not many of us own a Hybrid/electric style car. There are pros and cons with each energy source for example:

• Diesel cars tend to cost more than petrol cars,
    • Hybrids cars tend to be fuel efficient around towns or small travels, just not long ones,
    • Petrol cars tend to pump more toxic particles in the air than diesel.

Reference: https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/new-...hich-is-better

The list could go on and on. A survey done by Autocar in 2017 (A UK based company) asked their customers that if given the choice would their next car be a diesel, petrol or a hybrid/electric and the results are interesting:

With this debate - what style of car would you choose and why? in addition do you believe this is the right focus for the world or do you believe we should just have one fuel?

Post below
    Last edited by sexpot; 06-08-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Stealth

Latest Awards:

this debate is now open!

We part, only to meet again. 12/11/04

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

I'd honestly love an all electric, or hybrid car, but they're farrr too expensive for the average person.
    Personally I always go for Diesel cars, simply because they're often better in MPG and they tend to last longer, so in the long run you get more for your money IMO.

Besides I don't really have the type of house to have an electric car, as you kinda need a garage so you can safely charge your car, or at least a drive, and that's something I don't currently have.
    I've owned 1 petrol car, didn't really have a problem with it, but diesel cars often go further for the same amount of fuel in it, even though diesel is more expensive

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I would LOVEEE to get an electric or Hybrid car but as Triz said they're so expensive compared to petrol cars at the moment. I definitely think they'll come down in price over the next few years and I hope that my next car is electric in some way.

The other issue is that I don't have a driveway so would be quite hard to charge it at the moment!! Needa move first too...

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

i'd choose petrol or diesel because they're damned reliable and i don't think its going to run out in my lifetime or even in a century

Tokens
    Habbo
    Agesilaus

Electric cars. Anything for the environment. I hope one day they become the new norm and will not be as expensive as they are now. I'm sure they will in time, though, or maybe they might find something better in the future, but they definitely need to start looking after the environment, we kinda live in it!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rusted!

Latest Awards:

I'm going to be truthful I wouldn't necessarily base my car choices on what fuel it used.

I'm very eco friendly as it is but I really wouldnt choose x car over y car. I'm more into specs ect. However I'm not the biggest fan of electric cars, I think it's a smart idea but but in practise is a little counterproductive as your limited on distance and power.

I can honestly see flying cars becoming a thing based off air and fanned air or something - proberbly will be solar panels. You heard it here first!!!

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Power isn't really a problem with electric cars.. distance yes, but not power. Most electric cars generally have more torque than petrol/diesel cars. Especially the higher end E-cars such as Jag's I-Pace or any of the Tesla models... In fact the Tesla cars are faster than almost all super cars out today.. Without Googling figures, I can't tell you exact numbers, but they do 0-60 in around 3 seconds, which is as fast as Lambos etc... Supercars which cost up to 2-3x the amount of a Tesla.. They've even done quarter mile drag races with a Tesla and various super cars, and it's ALWAYS the Tesla that starts off in the lead, and it's not until around the end where the supercar catches up.

Though for the average person, having a car that can do 0-60 in 3 seconds isn't very useful anyway.. It's more-so the distance, but most E-cars are able to do around 250 odd miles on a full charge, most people don't really travel that far on a daily basis, so a 250 mile radius is generally fine to get to and from work, perhaps up to 3 times, it's only when you want to do long journeys that it may become a problem, but only if you have an all electric car, if you have a hybrid, then it's not a problem at all... Do the first 250 odd miles using the batteries, then once that's been depleted, then you can switch to fuel until you can charge your car up again.

It's def IMO the way of the future, much cheaper than fuel as well, but as I said above, you kind need a lot of money to buy an E-car along with the right house set-up (Garage, or at least a driveway)

Solar panels don't produce enough energy to be able to run a car, and probably never will.. Research has shown that even if you cover a whole car in solar panels, you'll only be able to run a car for about 20 odd miles, and that's assuming weather conditions are near enough perfect.

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Preferably diesel but it's likely the Government will tax them heavily. I see no point in buying an electric car until those companies listed in the Carbon Majors report get their act together. If you didn't know, 100 companies are responsible for 71% of global emissions.

A transition to renewable energy would be a better target to aim for.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

where do people think the electric for electric cars comes from

= coal, oil, gas, nuclear.