HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    BAMItsJawsh

Default Fake credits scam

Hi there!

Today, I would like to bring up the Habbo credits scam. This occurs when you purchase credits from a 3rd party site... yes, they all seem indredibly dodgy - but usually they will deliver. My friend tried it, and got all his credits - pretty happy for him!

I tried it too... bought 100c for $5.27 (from an unnamed site).

I got the credits, set up rooms and what not... and about a week later was banned. It said there was a payment issue on the ban, so I asked them what is going on.

They explained what had happened.

At the time, I was completely unaware that this was not allowed, bit silly of me, but has given me reason to review all Habbo's policies - I'd rather not get banned again!

Why are the credits so cheap? How did Habbo know you bought them?

What happens is, the company you purchase credits from, 99.9% of the time, use stolen credit cards. Of course, at first they get away with it... because the card owner is unaware their details are stolen... they buy massive batches of credits.

They sell off these credits, but there is a trick... once the owner of the stolen card realises, "Hey, I didn't make this payment...", they ring their bank and try and reverse the payment to Habbo.

Habbo then reports this as fraud, and because Habbo logs all trades, can work out where these credits went.

Summing up...

Buying credits, furniture or accounts using an external currency is strictly forbidden and if caught will get you banned, or even have fraud claims pinned on you.

Even from a friend, a change in IPs can be recognised...

Until next time, stay safe Habbos.

Josh.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Fifty-Six

Latest Awards:

Never bought from third party sites.. that's just asking for a ban.
    Image credit: sd94.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jarkie

Latest Awards:

Doing stuff like this is always very risky. But many many people seem to be doing it now due to the prices for credits on habbo is such a con.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's not a scam it was obvious really, not a lot get away with it.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yeah stuff happens, thats why you only use certain trusted sites and you know ways to not get banned

This is very informative though, well done!