HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Default Andrew-OConnor.com

Andrew-OConnor is a dynamic web develpment company. Our team of 3 is well experienced in graphic design & coding languages such as xHTML, CSS, PHP, JS and even a little Flash! We offer services such as full on web design, logo creation, banner design, programming, coding, skinning, tutorials, and much more.

Lazy link: http://www.andrew-oconnor.com/
    +.net - omg it's coming o_o

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Lol the different variations of coding between the layouts tells me half are ripped, sorry.
    Back for a while.

Tokens

Some comments:

a) Perhaps re-write / re-read a lot of your content I found spelling mistakes, bad sentence structure etc that sends across that you're not professional unless that's what you want.

b) You say on your website "Best if viewed in Mozilla Firefox" if you were a great developer you'd make the website look good in all major browsers.

c) Tidy up your mark-up because if someone looked at your mark-up they could easily see how you code and it's kinda messy / poor, sure most clients won't do this but people who are smart I'm sure will.

d) Another thing that shows you're professional is valid (X)HTML and CSS which unfortunately you fail both tests. Plus by having valid (X)HTML and CSS you can claim to your customers / clients that you're following the W3C guidelines to a degree.

Overall these are things I pick up on, and it's merely my opinion so you don't have to use it. But good luck regardless.
    Last edited by Iszak; 29-01-2009 at 03:35 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's very nice. Clean and simple is the way to go.
    "RETIRED" FROM HABBO(X)

:¬:

TOMSPIT / COWLY05

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by engaged View Post
    Lmao he hasn't made any but that crappy DOR one. Just look at the difference in coding lol:

http://www.andrew-oconnor.com/work/layouts/3/style.css
    http://www.andrew-oconnor.com/work/layouts/4/style.css
    Back for a while.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent2 View Post
    Lol the different variations of coding between the layouts tells me half are ripped, sorry.
    You're so fast to make assumptions... I actually had those coded because I wasn't so confident in my coding about 2-3 months ago

Quote Originally Posted by engaged View Post
    I did... not the background though.

Quote Originally Posted by Iszak View Post
    Some comments:

a) Perhaps re-write / re-read a lot of your content I found spelling mistakes, bad sentence structure etc that sends across that you're not professional unless that's what you want.

b) You say on your website "Best if viewed in Mozilla Firefox" if you were a great developer you'd make the website look good in all major browsers.

c) Tidy up your mark-up because if someone looked at your mark-up they could easily see how you code and it's kinda messy / poor, sure most clients won't do this but people who are smart I'm sure will.

d) Another thing that shows you're professional is valid (X)HTML and CSS which unfortunately you fail both tests. Plus by having valid (X)HTML and CSS you can claim to your customers / clients that you're following the W3C guidelines to a degree.

Overall these are things I pick up on, and it's merely my opinion so you don't have to use it. But good luck regardless.
    a) You're right, I'll go through it today. If you found some in particular can you let me know? Thanks

b) That's true, but I haven't done it for IE6 yet, so I just wanted to throw that in there.

c/d) I'll try and validate it today, see what I did wrong.

Thanks for another constructive comment, I owe you another rep (which reminds me to tell you I gave you the one I owed you)

Quote Originally Posted by TomSpit View Post
    It's very nice. Clean and simple is the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellent2 View Post
    Lmao he hasn't made any but that crappy DOR one. Just look at the difference in coding lol:

http://www.andrew-oconnor.com/work/layouts/3/style.css
    http://www.andrew-oconnor.com/work/layouts/4/style.css
    As I said before ^

More comments pls :p And don't make crazy assumptions :p
    +.net - omg it's coming o_o

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by HabbDance View Post
    I did... not the background though.
    Then you should clearly state that, the background is the main part of that layout, without it its just a few simple little boxes. A portfolio is supposed to showcase your work, not others. Surely if the background isnt yours then you cant sell it either?

Tokens

You say how other people rip layouts and have bad designs, look at your own.

Looks okay i suppose.
    matt..

WOLVERHAMPTON
    WANDERERS

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Right so you're telling me you also designed them? I think not.
    Back for a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast