HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Could I do this?

Could I make a homework personal system where I could post homework and c/w assignments and I could write when it's due and what the homework requires me to do. If the homework assignments one day before it's due date, could I make it like priority - Make it red or put it to the top of the list via PHP? If so, any tuts I can follow?

Tokens

Learn PHP and sure.

I don't get what you mean though, is it just to keep track of your homework or others'?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Always follow the phrase "anything its possible". It's not a case of can you do it, its a case of do you know how?

You'd need (probably) these:
    1. Insert statement to insert into PHP the required information (due date, task, etc).
    2. Select statement to view the tasks you've already set.
    3. Cron job (probably) to compare today's date with the dates in the database (this'll run once a day). You can then run #2 (select statement) and order by date descending to see which one needs to be due first... feel free to run some highlighting or whatever.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Irrorate View Post
    Always follow the phrase "anything its possible". It's not a case of can you do it, its a case of do you know how?

You'd need (probably) these:
    1. Insert statement to insert into PHP the required information (due date, task, etc).
    2. Select statement to view the tasks you've already set.
    3. Cron job (probably) to compare today's date with the dates in the database (this'll run once a day). You can then run #2 (select statement) and order by date descending to see which one needs to be due first... feel free to run some highlighting or whatever.
    I don't understand why you'd need a cron job for this.
    The way I'd do it would be to select the tasks, ordered by date, compare the dates as they're being echoed, if it's a match, highlight it.

It's very basic PHP, so if you learn a bit of PHP, you won't need any tuts to do this

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Apolva View Post
    Learn PHP and sure.

I don't get what you mean though, is it just to keep track of your homework or others'?
    Sorry. I didn't make it clear. keep track of my homework.
    [COLOR=Red]~~~~~~~~~ Arsenal [B]~~~~~~~~~

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'd do it using a database,

with the structure

id - date set - date due - subject - title - details - done

Then make a form where you can insert all of that

make a display page which queries

a) whether the homework is done yet (if done=0)
    b) when its due

you can then display due homeworks in date order and use if statements to format them

You also need a way to update the homeworks, just like a simple form where you can submit completed homeworks or something
    Joe

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I don't understand why you'd need a cron job for this.
    The way I'd do it would be to select the tasks, ordered by date, compare the dates as they're being echoed, if it's a match, highlight it.

It's very basic PHP, so if you learn a bit of PHP, you won't need any tuts to do this
    Ahh, good point. I was wayyy over-complicating things. This method sounds perfect ^^

Tokens

Tbh, this sounds really useful. I'll create one if you want?