HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS3 WiFi broke?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Southe,

Latest Awards:

Default PS3 WiFi broke?

Well was on LBP and my dad was having trouble with connecting his laptop so he reset the reuter. didnt tell me and i was d/c. I turned off my ps3 and then when i went back to play it refused to connect me.

tested the connect and kept refusing so i decided to just redo it all. when i did it before all i had to do was put in wireless and my wep code. now when i do it its asking for about 10 other things.. ip adresses, DCHP adresses, proxy servers ect. ***?

restored my ps3 to the default settings and still does it. anyone know whats wrong? if i format the hard drive think it will be fixed ^^; ?

If all else fails. im just gonna see about taking it back getting replaced. psp, ds and wii all work aswell.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't think the actual wifi on the ps3 itself is broken, just need to repair it with the router?

Xbox Live: Jholder112233
    PS3 Online Tag: Josh-H

Last.fm | Digg | Xbox.com

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Configure the router.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Southe,

Latest Awards:

router is fine. thats what im saying everything else is working fine. ps3 wont pick up the router >.<

On the PS site it shows you how to connect to wifi. that how it happend 1st time. select wireless and put in wep code. and that should be it. but now its asking for all sorts =/

gonna try a cable if not gonna get game to replace it. question tho.

Trophys? will i lose the trophys i have or are they saved through the saved data?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuzaki View Post
    router is fine. thats what im saying everything else is working fine. ps3 wont pick up the router >.<

On the PS site it shows you how to connect to wifi. that how it happend 1st time. select wireless and put in wep code. and that should be it. but now its asking for all sorts =/

gonna try a cable if not gonna get game to replace it. question tho.

Trophys? will i lose the trophys i have or are they saved through the saved data?
    The PS3 is not broken...

Xbox Live: Jholder112233
    PS3 Online Tag: Josh-H

Last.fm | Digg | Xbox.com

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Trophies are stored on PSN servers.

And it sounds like you chose to do advanced configuration or whatever it is called, go for the automatic one

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Its your router. Re configure your router settings in your router config [e.g http://192.168.2.1]

Tokens
    Habbo
    Southe,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Blinger View Post
    Trophies are stored on PSN servers.

And it sounds like you chose to do advanced configuration or whatever it is called, go for the automatic one
    I did do the automatic one. and it still comes up. thats why im saying somethigns wrong. and trophies are saved on server.. so the ones ive gotten while not being signed in i'll lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny, View Post
    Its your router. Re configure your router settings in your router config [e.g http://192.168.2.1]
    I have and it still dosent pick it up. i put in the correct wep key, config and dosent pic it up. dosent matter watch option i choose on the set up. it will always ask for everything else.

As far as I know, Sony has 1 years warranty on PS3 (it might be 2 years, not completely sure, but can look into when I work next time, I’m a service rep for a retailer for consumer electronics).

If you are completely sure that this is a hardware failure, hand the console too the shop you bought it from. Prior to doing so, I would recommend you to download a system update, alternative do a system recovery. Since if the problem is caused by the software, your warranty will not be valid, and the reparation will end up costing you money, basically, the warranty is only covering hardware failures, that haven’t been created by yourself.

Tokens
    Habbo
    cjw93

Latest Awards:

Use an ethernet cable
    Used to be GraysAthChaz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast