HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    AlexJRiley

Latest Awards:

Default Hollywood Blunders.

So there's a massive Hollywood blunder that annoys me regarding Zombies.

In every film where there is an outbreak of Zombies, regardless of how the disease is spread anything thats walking around infecting other people is regarded as a Zombie, when true to the mythology this isn't the case for it to be dubbed a Zombie. A zombie is a corpse that is reanimated post death which then goes around biting others and infecting them. Is the person has not been raised dead then that person is known as an infected NOT a zombie. I know in most films it goes something along the lines of; Bit, Fever, Death, Reanimation. But because they were not raised from the dead as an initial corpse that person would be an infected not a zombie.

The closest thing we have to someone becoming Zombie like is Rabies, if rabies became airborne then we would exhibit zombie like behavior. In the book World War Z by Max Brookes the initial outbreak is dubbed as African Rabies making the "zombies" in that film infected because they aren't initially dead, but instead contract a rabies like disease. Where as in the majority of Zombie films directed by George A. Romero the initial zombies are raised from the dead, then infect other LIVING beings, making them infected.

So to summarise, if a previously dead corpse is reanimated it is a zombie, if a living organism is then bit it is known as an infected.

If you have any movie pet peeves post them below for others to discuss with you.

Tokens
    Habbo
    ?Summa

Latest Awards:

Warm bodies xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Sometimes I think I was born backwards.
    You know, come out my mum the wrong way.
    I hear words go past me backwards.
    The people I should love, I hate.

Tokens
    Habbo
    iBlueBox

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by ?Summa View Post
    not a movie but The Walking Dead is the best zombie show ever.

Tokens
    Habbo
    AlexJRiley

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by iBlueBox View Post
    A prime example of Infected and not Zombies, but in it they frequently reference them being Zombies. But I agree, very good TV series :3

Tokens
    Habbo
    iBlueBox

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJRiley View Post
    A prime example of Infected and not Zombies, but in it they frequently reference them being Zombies. But I agree, very good TV series :3
    You could argue thats not the case with The Walking Dead though as technically in the show there called 'Walkers'

Tokens
    Habbo
    AlexJRiley

Latest Awards:

You could argue thats not the case with The Walking Dead though as technically in the show there called 'Walkers'
    They call them walkers, but Zombie does crop up a few times Its in the graphic novels too if you've read them

Tokens

Latest Awards:

u couldof just said

there infected not zombies lolz

i used to put the names of my favourite singers here... then i realised nobody cared

Tokens
    Habbo
    AlexJRiley

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by paramore View Post
    u couldof just said

there infected not zombies lolz

I was giving the reasoning as to why they're different things, so people dont just come on and go "They're the same thing herpa derpa"

Tokens
    Habbo
    iBlueBox

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJRiley View Post
    They call them walkers, but Zombie does crop up a few times Its in the graphic novels too if you've read them
    They've only been called Zombies in the graphic novels I've read all of them,

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by ?Summa View Post
    I'm confused?? Warm Bodies is a movie?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warm_Bodies_(film)

I'm not so keen on 'Zombie' movies (although now you've proved they're not Zombies, I think)

Is Zombieland accurate I can't remember

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast