HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    cjw93

Latest Awards:

Default How to improve tackling

I play 7 aside and 5 aside on different nights and I am god awful at tackling i hardly ever win the ball when going in for a tackle, the player litterally walks around me as if I'm not even there. Baring in mind I'm by no means fast and skinny and weak as anything, any suggestions to help me improve?
    Used to be GraysAthChaz

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If they go round you, then faint to the left or right and quickly move your leg to the left to take the ball as they'll try and go round you on the opposite side. Hard to describe really.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Eyes on the ball.

Simple as that.

sod the lot

Tokens
    Habbo
    cjw93

Latest Awards:

eyes are always on the ball, but then it's gone through my legs and im on my ars lol
    Used to be GraysAthChaz

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Adamm View Post
    Eyes on the ball.

Simple as that.
    This really is the best advice you'll get tbh, it's just about tracking the ball rather than the player's feet. Also don't dive right in, because then if you do miss the ball they've gone past and presumably are open for shots. Even the smallest players can cause problems for attackers when they just hold ground and don't let them get where they want to be - I'm tiny living proof of that

edit: going by your reply then I guess it is just the fact you're going in too early. If you're still on your feet they can't literally play through you
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Watch the ball at all times and do either of these two things;

- In hard and fast for a crucnher, gotta time this perfectly and best when they let the ball slip away a little.

- timed tackle; approach slower and watch the ball not letting them skip past like they would if you went in fast, when they move it, stuck your foot in and get your body behind the ball, win it every time.
    (h)(h)(h)

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Just run round elbowing people in the back of the head like gerrard did tonight.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Balance. Use your arms to balance, keep your arms outwards and keep your eyes on the ball, don't dive in, you'll be made to look silly.

- eyes on the ball
    - try and keep within a meter of the ball, don't let the person get away from you
    - balance
    - quick reactions
    - if they are on the left wing and they like to come inside, then try and force them wide, etc, or force them onto their weaker foot, learn to read the players you are playing against etc.

Don't know what else to say to be honest, but from the sounds of it, you are over-committing, stay on your feet...
    Last edited by StefanWolves; 16-03-2010 at 06:03 PM.
    PSN: StefanWolves
    Add me if you play COD Black Ops or Fifa 11.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

By the way you need to be strong as well, no fear, stand your ground.

sod the lot

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Adamm View Post
    By the way you need to be strong as well, no fear, stand your ground.
    Yeah, be an idiot. I played football when I was younger (before I discovered the internet) and I would just slide in, not caring for my own well being.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast