HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Red face Eurovision Song Contest 2016 Thread

It is that time of the year again where many countries are in the process of selecting and presenting their acts for the Eurovision Song Contest! Last year's winning act from Sweden, Måns Zelmerlöw (I got to speak to him at the London Eurovision party last year!!) means that this years contest will be held in Stockholm! Australia will be once again taking part this year! 43 countries in total will be taking part, with Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia and Ukraine all returning to the contest and Portugal withdrawing.

Important Dates for the UK:

Friday 26th February - UK National Final (Eurovision: You Decide) BBC4 7:30pm (Info)
    Tuesday 10th May - Eurovision Semi Final 1 (BBC4)
    Thursday 12th May - Eurovision Semi Final 2 (BBC4)
    Saturday 14th May - Eurovision Grand Final (BBC1)

National Final Dates and Acts Confirmed so far (Courtesy of Digital Spy):

Hosts:
    It has been announced that this years hosts will be last years winner, Måns Zelmerlöw and fan favourite Petra Mede.

Semi Final 1:

Semi Final 2:

Finalists already through:

So far 6 songs have been decided, with the end of this month being the busiest time for countries deciding their songs. So far my favourite would be Ireland, who have chosen the song 'Sunlight' by Nicky Byrne. You can check out Ireland's entry below, and you can use the calendar posted above to youtube the other confirmed songs so far too!

That's it for now but this thread will be updated when new information, songs etc become available! Who else is excited for Eurovision this year and does anyone else keep up with any of the national finals? I love a bit of Melodifestivalen!!
    Last edited by Empired; 08-02-2016 at 01:45 PM.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens
    Habbo
    Red

Latest Awards:

Oooo I like nickys song!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Oooo I like nickys song!!
    Yay! I have the chorus stuck in my head haha! Ireland might do better than they have for a few years!

Former:

News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -

welshcake is offline Help Desk Assistant Manager
    HabboxLive Senior DJ (DJ welshcake)
    Rare Values Staff
    Events Organiser

Tokens
    Habbo
    welshcake

Latest Awards:

Very excited for it!
    Irelands isn't too bad
    bit average but (like alysha just said to me irl) if he pulls off a great performance on stage then it could do quite well

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by welshcake View Post
    Very excited for it!
    Irelands isn't too bad
    bit average but (like alysha just said to me irl) if he pulls off a great performance on stage then it could do quite well
    YAY!!!

I completely agree, and my favourites always end up changing depending on the live performances! Some of them can be a disaster live. I remember last year Albania's entry had really high notes in and when she hit the notes it was fab, but on some of the live performances (including London) she failed and it ruined the song.

I am debating whether to go to the London Eurovision party again this year! It was so fab last year!

Former:

welshcake is offline Help Desk Assistant Manager
    HabboxLive Senior DJ (DJ welshcake)
    Rare Values Staff
    Events Organiser

Tokens
    Habbo
    welshcake

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    YAY!!!

I completely agree, and my favourites always end up changing depending on the live performances! Some of them can be a disaster live. I remember last year Albania's entry had really high notes in and when she hit the notes it was fab, but on some of the live performances (including London) she failed and it ruined the song.

I am debating whether to go to the London Eurovision party again this year! It was so fab last year!
    We host our own party in our family
    have done since I was really little
    We all pick country names out of a hat (normally have about 3 each) then whoever has the winning country has to host the party in their house the next year
    The aim is to not win

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

The quality of the acts don't matter as the voting is all political/cultural... hence why Britain never wins and always gets votes from Malta and Ireland.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    The quality of the acts don't matter as the voting is all political/cultural... hence why Britain never wins and always gets votes from Malta and Ireland.
    Well obviously. Graham Norton makes Eurovision for me - love the way you get see him losing faith more and more as the evening goes on and starts being like "oh well obviously they'll get a lot of votes from norway" and hey presto they do. And how rude he is about all the voting announcers from the different countries lol.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

can't wait to hear the uk entry at the end of the month!

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    the quality does matter! send a great catchy pop song and you will win

the uk isn't very good at that

sure there is SOME political voting but not enough to prevent us from getting a top 5 result ever again

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Awww I love Ireland's!

I'm really excited for our choosing thing later this month!! It'll be nice to see the OPTIONS so I can then lambast the British public when they choose the wrong one

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast