HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    cameron446: is offline HabboxWiki Staff
    HabboxLive Senior DJ (Music)
    Rare Values Staff
    Guest Events Organiser

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    cameron446:

Latest Awards:

Default 'I won't apologise for who I am' - Rashford

Marcus Rashford: England striker 'won't apologise' for who he is after receiving racist abuse

Marcus Rashford's statement in full:

"I don't even know where to start and I don't even know how to put into words how I am feeling at this exact time.

"I've had a difficult season, I think that's been clear for everyone to see and I probably went into that final with a lack of confidence. I've always backed myself for a penalty, but something didn't feel quite right.

"During the long run-up I was saving myself a bit of time and unfortunately the result was not what I wanted. I felt as though I had let my team-mates down. I felt as if I'd let everyone down. A penalty was all I'd been asked to contribute for the team. I can score penalties in my sleep, so why not that one?

"It's been playing in my head over and over since I struck the ball and there's probably not a word to quite describe how it feels. Final. 55 years. 1 penalty. History. All I can say is sorry. I wish it had of gone differently.

"Whilst I continue to say sorry I want to shout out my team-mates. This summer has been one of the best camps I've experienced and you've all played a role in that.

"A brotherhood has been built that is unbreakable. Your success is my success. Your failures are mine.

"I've grown into a sport where I expected to read things written about myself.

"Whether it be the colour of my skin, where I grew up, or, most recently, how I decide to spend my time off the pitch.

"I can take critique of my performance all day long, my penalty was not good enough, it should have gone in but I will never apologise for who I am and where I came from. I've felt no prouder moment than wearing those three lions on my chest and seeing my family cheer me on in a crowd of 10s of thousands.

"I dreamt of days like this. The messages I've received today have been positively overwhelming and seeing the response in Withington had me on the verge of tears. The communities that always wrapped their arms around me continue to hold me up.

"I'm Marcus Rashford, 23-year-old black man from Withington and Wythenshawe, South Manchester. If I have nothing else I have that. For all the kind messages thank you. I'll be back stronger. We'll be back stronger."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57814154

Last edited by cameron446:; 12-07-2021 at 09:17 PM.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Oh this is so tedious. The constant race talk to get some likes.

My advice would be, if you can't handle some nasty comments on social media then you're better off deleting social media. Problem solved.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Or, here's a wild idea, people shouldn't really be abusing anyone on social media or emails or games or anything for any reason?

It shouldn't be a thing that people, particularly people in the public eye because of their job or skills or talent, should have to give up a huge part of their platform, rather than the blame being placed on nasty, horrible bullies.

Extremely glad people are facing backlash and being suspended and fired for their disgusting comments. Be disappointed at a game, even I expressed shock that Rashford missed, but I don't blame that on his race or use his race to denimgrate him. Saw the Savills employee claim the "I've been hacked!!" line... sure mate. And before anyone wants to start with social media should be separate to jobs, you ARE linked to your employer when you splash everything on the internet to find. Plus, bet ya that you signed a social media policy!

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    Or, here's a wild idea, people shouldn't really be abusing anyone on social media or emails or games or anything for any reason?

It shouldn't be a thing that people, particularly people in the public eye because of their job or skills or talent, should have to give up a huge part of their platform, rather than the blame being placed on nasty, horrible bullies.
    Well yes it is a wild idea you are right, it's kind of like saying - and as easy to say - that you're against child poverty, starvation in the third world, insults on the playground or against war. All very nice sounding, idealistic and utopian, but not at all realistic or achievable and you and I both know it. All it does it allows people to pose, like the wannabe Mother Teresa's laying tributes below a Rashford mural in Manchester.

If you cannot take insults then get off social media because they will always be around. That's indisputable fact.

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr
    Extremely glad people are facing backlash and being suspended and fired for their disgusting comments. Be disappointed at a game, even I expressed shock that Rashford missed, but I don't blame that on his race or use his race to denimgrate him. Saw the Savills employee claim the "I've been hacked!!" line... sure mate. And before anyone wants to start with social media should be separate to jobs, you ARE linked to your employer when you splash everything on the internet to find. Plus, bet ya that you signed a social media policy!
    1,000 tweets were directed at Rashford, and Twitter makes 6,000 tweets every second. Most tweets were from abroad.

You're all really doing nothing other than trying to jump on the race bandwagon over a non-issue in order to look good.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 14-07-2021 at 06:30 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Isolate yourself from your family, friends, companies, attractions, celebrities, causes and work related things you care about because you deserve to be insulted just for existing!! uh... no..

Besides who is saying that this individual in question "can't cope" with insults, the whole point is that the people who are SENDING insults and racist abuse (in this instance) should not be brushed off as an "indisputable fact" they should be dealt with appropriately and individually. PS the 1,000 figure you quoted is the number of tweets that have been removed.

This is a football "issue" in that he is a footballer and he took a penalty and did not make it, but it BECAME a race issue when people started blaming the colour of his skin, using racial slurs, telling him to "go back to his own country". THAT is what's wrong, not criticising him for missing the penalty. So-called 'fans' made this a race issue.

Love cameron446: Loved

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Oh look, Dan's trying to justify racism and say it's the fault of the victim for daring to be online in 2021. It's not a "race talk to get some likes" it's a response from someone who has been viciously abused by vile cretins wholly because he happens to be black. Do tell me how racism is a "non-issue" though, that should be interesting
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +
    Love cameron446: Loved

cameron446: is offline HabboxWiki Staff
    HabboxLive Senior DJ (Music)
    Rare Values Staff
    Guest Events Organiser

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    cameron446:

Latest Awards:

Why are you trying to justify racism?
    I can't stand people who are racist like what's the need? these other ethnic groups are not different than any of us apart from their skin colour, religion or where they come from, but the thing is that does not affect there line of job nor the person they are and people should not be being hurtful online or in person towards these people.

For one the UK is a multicultural place and everyone should be accepted no matter what race or religion. Anyone that was racist towards the players are already losing their jobs or being fined and I totally agree that they should be!

Let's look at it this way if Jack Grealish took the penalty and missed no one would care and that's because people like Jack Grealish and of course he is a white person and it sickens me that this is how the world is in the 21st century. A lot more needs doing over racism and a lot more education in schools, colleges and universities.
    Last edited by cameron446:; 14-07-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by cameron446: View Post
    Let's look at it this way if Jack Grealish took the penalty and missed no one would care and that's because people like Jack Grealish and of course he is a white person and it sickens me that this is how the world is in the 21st century. A lot more needs doing over racism and a lot more education in schools, colleges and universities.
    this probably isn't true, if any footballer missed a penalty they would be sent abuse and have it brought up year after year (how many years has it been since Southgate missed his, and even I know that he still gets ridiculed for it). Unfortunately there is a subsection of football fans who think it's ok to to fight with each other, break glasses, trash streets, break property, steal from each other, and yes, send abuse on social media. If a white player missed a penalty, they'd be ridiculed and harassed, but they wouldn't be told to go back to their own country (even if they weren't from England), it wouldn't be BLAMED on their race. That kind of abuse is also terrible. It's just unnecessary!

It's every fandom though, it's not just football. I like RuPaul's Drag Race and queens on there get abuse for all kinds of things they do, let alone for things they can't control like their skin colour. Just dislike celebs or public figures (or even just general people you interact with) QUIETLY and PRIVATELY, what is @ing them or DMing them gonna achieve exactly?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Well yes it is a wild idea you are right, it's kind of like saying - and as easy to say - that you're against child poverty, starvation in the third world, insults on the playground or against war. All very nice sounding, idealistic and utopian, but not at all realistic or achievable and you and I both know it. All it does it allows people to pose, like the wannabe Mother Teresa's laying tributes below a Rashford mural in Manchester.

If you cannot take insults then get off social media because they will always be around. That's indisputable fact.

1,000 tweets were directed at Rashford, and Twitter makes 6,000 tweets every second. Most tweets were from abroad.

You're all really doing nothing other than trying to jump on the race bandwagon over a non-issue in order to look good.
    Wanting people who receive abuse to just "get off social media" is as unrealistic as wanting there to be no abuse at all on the internet and you and I both know it.

You're really doing nothing other than trying to jump on the antisocial media bandwagon over a non-issue in order to have something to be controversial about.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    Isolate yourself from your family, friends, companies, attractions, celebrities, causes and work related things you care about because you deserve to be insulted just for existing!! uh... no..

Besides who is saying that this individual in question "can't cope" with insults, the whole point is that the people who are SENDING insults and racist abuse (in this instance) should not be brushed off as an "indisputable fact" they should be dealt with appropriately and individually. PS the 1,000 figure you quoted is the number of tweets that have been removed.

This is a football "issue" in that he is a footballer and he took a penalty and did not make it, but it BECAME a race issue when people started blaming the colour of his skin, using racial slurs, telling him to "go back to his own country". THAT is what's wrong, not criticising him for missing the penalty. So-called 'fans' made this a race issue.
    I'm sorry, but whatever footballer missed a penalty was going to come under verbal abuse. And, when people abuse other people, they will pick on a trait that makes them different. A gay footballer would be called a bender, a slightly portly one would be called fat, a ginger one would be called a ginger rat, one with *REMOVED* would be called a bog eye..... I could go on and on. To me, anyone shocked that people when resorting to verbal abuse will use minority traits, is very shielded from society.

Delete the apps or just ignore it. That's the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Oh look, Dan's trying to justify racism and say it's the fault of the victim for daring to be online in 2021. It's not a "race talk to get some likes" it's a response from someone who has been viciously abused by vile cretins wholly because he happens to be black. Do tell me how racism is a "non-issue" though, that should be interesting
    Where did I justify racism?

Quote Originally Posted by cameron446: View Post
    Why are you trying to justify racism?
    I can't stand people who are racist like what's the need? these other ethnic groups are not different than any of us apart from their skin colour, religion or where they come from, but the thing is that does not affect there line of job nor the person they are and people should not be being hurtful online or in person towards these people.

For one the UK is a multicultural place and everyone should be accepted no matter what race or religion. Anyone that was racist towards the players are already losing their jobs or being fined and I totally agree that they should be!

That's just a Miss World speech isn't it though.

Where did I justify racism?

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    Wanting people who receive abuse to just "get off social media" is as unrealistic as wanting there to be no abuse at all on the internet and you and I both know it.

You're really doing nothing other than trying to jump on the antisocial media bandwagon over a non-issue in order to have something to be controversial about.
    Sure, people will still use social media and be abused. But if they ignore my solution to simply turn it off, what do they want me to do? Cry?

moderator alert Post edited by Triz (Forum Manager) Please do not post racial slurs
    Last edited by Triz; 20-07-2021 at 03:37 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast