Win BIG with HabboxStarz!
Show off your musical talent in our old skool singing competition! Big prizes to be won!
HxSS Awards winners and final standings!
It's all done! Click here to see the big big winners from this year's tournament, and the fan favourites for the awards!
Check out HabboxWiki!
The biggest and best archive of all things Habbo - could YOU be our next top editor?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Default What's the most computer illiterate thing you've seen?

I'm sure everyone's seen someone interacting with a computer and you've just severely judged them for some stupid shit.

Maybe more so for us that work in IT, but even those who don't I'm sure you've seen older people do something silly.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Not sure really. Umm my dad can't grasp the difference between a browser and a search engine but other than that he's pretty good.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Meanies

Latest Awards:

The first thing that comes to my mind was my boss last week. All of our card machines went down (because I knocked a plug out but didn't tell no one and pretended I knew nothing) but he sent an email to the people who deal with our tills and stuff. An hour or so later they came back into action and he tried to send them another email saying it was ok and all fine, but he had gone into the sent box and replied to the email he originally sent them, but it just came back into our inbox and he just couldn't grasp what he had done wrong even though i'd told him exactly what he did wrong

cake

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

| TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

People who don't understand you need a working internet connection for your emails to work.
    HabboHub.net - A Habbo Origins Fansite

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    Flairr

Latest Awards:

People who don't understand that Google is a search engine and not just a browser.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

one of my favourite memories is when my nan and grandad first got a computer, many years ago. They set it all up and he kept trying to search fish on the browser but nothing was coming up, we asked if they had internet and he didnt know what it was

MISS U GPA

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

The thing that annoys me the most is when people just call things the wrong thing, like "my email isnt working", no your INTERNET isn't working, or "the website's gone down" no you're connecting to the wrong site??

the worst computer illiterate thing is definitely the difference between search engines and browsers though. Google Chrome "doesn't work" on my Grandma's computer apparently because she's got to use the "Internet Explorer" with her wifi plan apparently...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I remember trying to tell my grandad multiple times that catch up on set top boxes wouldn't work without an internet connection. And someone else I knew thought that if you started a download on your computer, you could continue downloading it on the computer even when the computer was turned off.

A lot of people think a browser is actually the internet, that mac's can't get viruses and that an antivirus will protect you from everything no matter what.

Also a small pet hate of mine is website hosting companies that advertise packages with unlimited disk space. It's more of a marketing gimmick than anything else. They can keep adding space, but there will always be a limit.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pyroka

Latest Awards:

Somebody getting frustrated that their computer wasn't working and that they had a black screen, so I told them to switch it on as they said it had an orange light on it.

They were switching off and on their monitor (lol) , it didn't occur to them the "big box next to the computer" was the computer... This was over the phone, so once I hung up I pretty much pissed myself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast