HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default American cities gripped by riots and looting

American cities gripped by riots and looting

Following controversial death of George Floyd many have looted and rioted

Many on the left seem to be cheering this on which is beyond belief.

Thoughts?

Shocked Jarkie Shocked

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

I've been watching all these videos online and it's absolutely stupid... like I understand the protest, that's fine, but to loot shops, there is no excuse, that's just pulling that poor mans name through the mud in the name of justice...

I saw a video of a black man who was clearly emotional as he owned a shop that was looted, and he was shouting at the crowd, was pretty heartbreaking, espeically when small businesses are struggling due to corona, imagine finding out on top of the lack of income, you're shop has been looted too...

Plus not all cops are bad, and some of the videos I've seen are horrific on how the protesters are treating the police, granted, I have seen a lot of videos where police are using stupid amounts of force when it's not needed, which rapidly escalates the situation and makes it 100 times worse for them, obviously there are loads of factors to account for, like if I knew protesters were being violent, I'd probably excerise some level of caution and naturally the use of force would increase as a result, not to mention in america pretty much everyone has a gun, so knowing that fact would scare the shit out of me, which would increase my level of force and tolerance even more so.

But even with all that taken into account, there is still no excuse for the way I've seen police act, and these are acts where they probbaly know they're being filmed.. Imagine what they'd do if they knew they weren't...

Then there is officers like this:

Last edited by Triz; 01-06-2020 at 12:08 AM.

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,jamiexo

Latest Awards:

I agree with what Tristan said. I understand the reasoning behind the protests, but it's gone way too far.

There are so many cities around the United States that are getting involved in the riots, when it didn't even happen in that area as well.

I've also seen so many videos about people damaging properties (for example: police stations, Target stores, etc). I think that does more damage than actually making something better, so I do not see a point in that, either.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Not to mention that they're destorying police cars and government buildings... How do they think they're going to be replaced/fixed... They'll be the ones paying for it with increased taxes, and that's a pretty damn stupid thing to be doing fullstop, but even more so when we're currently going through what is without a doubt the biggest economical crisis anyone has ever witnessed.

Like N/A Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    RichBoiSam

Latest Awards:

They'll be the same people complaining they haven't got jobs to go back to because businesses have made cuts and smaller ones closed because of the looting and damage caused by riots. Protesting is fine, I absolutely agree with the sentiment however anything beyond that, especially during the pandemic, is out of order. As an Uber Eats delivery driver part time, there are many people who rely on it for their full time income who have had to stop due to Uber suspending it in affected areas. Do they really need to make it any worse now that the officer has been arrested?
    PoorBoiSam

"If you don't put me in here now, I'm offended" - Connor (Ozad) 16:34 10/05/2020

Supporting the best club in the Midlands, Aston Villa

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,jamiexo

Latest Awards:

Update on this situation:

There is apparently a group at a University (called People Against Police Brutality) 2 hours from me that is going to start protests and riots "until action is taken". Their first one is scheduled for this morning, so I guess we shall see what happens in my area with these protests.

There were also people standing on our bridge yesterday with signs, but I suppose the signs are a lot more peaceful than the damage that is happening elsewhere.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

People are actually organisiong riots? I thought the riots started as peaceful protesting that turned ugly?
    The problem is that most people are impatient, and they'll want change and justice ASAP, so when they're out there for most of the day and nothing has changed by shouting at potentially good police officers, thats when they start to get agitated and feel like doing some damage would help prove their point even more about how upset they are over this ordeal.

Like N/A Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,jamiexo

Latest Awards:

Yes, unfortunately. That's why I'm glad it's still technically a peaceful protest where I am, just innocently holding signs on the bridge. But, the news article was posted, so I'm sure many other surrounding towns will follow with the organized riots. It's sad to hear that it's through a University too, I'm curious to see what the response from the University will be like.

Here is the link to the article if you're interested in reading more: https://www.uppermichiganssource.com...Ea-nl582L1d224

Tokens
    Habbo
    RichBoiSam

Latest Awards:

Bet you any money they didn't give a damn about the cause before this happened. Peaceful protests I'm 100% supportive of, it's a problem which has been happening for decades and considering how advanced we've become in the last 20-30 years, how this is still happening is beyond me. Get your signs out, go marching, stay vocal and change will come. Problem is, most people in the riots aren't there to support the cause but because they want to cause trouble.

Action has been taken, the officer has been arrested. What more do they want at the moment?
    PoorBoiSam

"If you don't put me in here now, I'm offended" - Connor (Ozad) 16:34 10/05/2020

Supporting the best club in the Midlands, Aston Villa

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

The entire race grievance thing is built on a foundation of lies anyway, as this statistic shows.

These riots are a gaggle of losers, anarchists, the far left, black thugs all combining together to smash things up and call everything racist.

Time to send in the army and crack some skulls open before more innocent people (of all colours) lose their jobs, homes and businesses.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 01-06-2020 at 08:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast