HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by W00TZEH View Post
    wish Giggs played for England
    Ramsey, Bale, Collison

Quote Originally Posted by JackBuddy View Post
    I think it's different when it's within Britain as there's often genuine citizenship to one/two countries.
    Lots just qualify through something like Welsh grandfather. We're grateful really

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wootzeh

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint View Post
    Ramsey, Bale, Collison

Lots just qualify through something like Welsh grandfather. We're grateful really
    none of them have anything on Giggs. He's a legend.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint View Post
    Ramsey, Bale, Collison

But to an extent England, Scotland, Wales and NI are all one country. There's a much bigger difference between a Spaniard playing for England and an Englishman playing for Wales.

Image removed by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature which exceed the maximum limits for your usergroup.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If they are eligible then that's that. I can also understand why they may not necessarily prefer to play for the country they were born in - if I was an international footballer I reckon I would rather play for Ireland (I would be eligible, obviously) because I suppose I have always felt more patriotic (not really the right word but whatever) to Ireland than I have to England.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lxce

Latest Awards:

you should play for the nation you're born in or lived in since like birth none of this legal to play for crap. It just ruins the competition because Algeria could be good and have a chance enhancing the competition with the players they should have. Same in cricket for us? our best player is from SA and so is Keiswetter (sp) who was intense in the T20 WC. So it isn't just football.

and all this i'd fancy playing for England? I mean is everyone is doing it we should but it's not club football you should be proud to represent your nation.

It is just went KP Boetang plays for Ghana and his brother plays for Germany.. why does he play for Ghana?
    Last edited by luce; 14-06-2010 at 07:17 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

KP Boateng and Jerome are step brothers. Not sure how that helps.

Alot of players for the "total football" team of the Netherlands were born in South America.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

He played for Germany at as a teenager but he realised he wouldn't get chances so opted for Ghana. Jerome got a chance with Germany so played for them. They both have German mothers and Ghanaian father.s

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Paul Green, Doncaster born and bred now plays for the Republic of Ireland.

sod the lot

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Rob Green was born and bred in England and he plays for USA. No wait.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by luce View Post
    you should play for the nation you're born in or lived in since like birth none of this legal to play for crap. It just ruins the competition because Algeria could be good and have a chance enhancing the competition with the players they should have. Same in cricket for us? our best player is from SA and so is Keiswetter (sp) who was intense in the T20 WC. So it isn't just football.

and all this i'd fancy playing for England? I mean is everyone is doing it we should but it's not club football you should be proud to represent your nation.

It is just went KP Boetang plays for Ghana and his brother plays for Germany.. why does he play for Ghana?
    That's a very short-sighted approach. In my case maybe it's because my parents are Irish so I'd feel they'd be more proud of me playing for Ireland, or maybe I'd be more proud of myself given that pretty much my whole family is Irish. I don't feel as much of a personal thing with England even though I was born here and I've lived here all my life. I still want England to win the World Cup - but if Ireland were involved I'd probably be supporting them equally (and I wouldn't know what to do if they met in the later stages ).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast