Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Upgrading My 24" iMac Memory

Im planning on upgrading my iMac's memory from 2GB to 4GB

Ordered the ram today from Crucial as my mate got his from there from his iMac.

http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/list...=Apple&cat=RAM

Has anyone upgraded theres and any tips for me?
    Please report all posts that break the forum rules by clicking the 'Report' post icon.

Report Infraction Problems
    Report Reputation Problems

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yeah, when un-screwing and it seems as if it isn't coming out anymore, even though it still feels firmly in, try to pry the metal bit away, it should just pop out.

Pull the tabs holding the RAM in quite hard, they need some force.

Push in the RAM as far in as possible, there will be no clicking noise to let you know they're seated properly.

Hope that helps!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

When did you buy your iMac? If it was pre-June 08 then I found out today it's the wrong RAM and won't boot when both sticks are in your iMac. Need to get 667Mhz. Returning mine tomorrow.
    That went fast.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle! View Post
    Yeah, when un-screwing and it seems as if it isn't coming out anymore, even though it still feels firmly in, try to pry the metal bit away, it should just pop out.

Pull the tabs holding the RAM in quite hard, they need some force.

Push in the RAM as far in as possible, there will be no clicking noise to let you know they're seated properly.

Hope that helps!
    Cheers for the tips + Rep if i can.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick. View Post
    When did you buy your iMac? If it was pre-June 08 then I found out today it's the wrong RAM and won't boot when both sticks are in your iMac. Need to get 667Mhz. Returning mine tomorrow.
    I bought it at the end of August 08 so would it be okay? Or will i have to return the ram?
    Please report all posts that break the forum rules by clicking the 'Report' post icon.

Report Infraction Problems
    Report Reputation Problems