Win BIG with HabboxStarz!
Show off your musical talent in our old skool singing competition! Big prizes to be won!
HxSS Awards winners and final standings!
It's all done! Click here to see the big big winners from this year's tournament, and the fan favourites for the awards!
Check out HabboxWiki!
The biggest and best archive of all things Habbo - could YOU be our next top editor?

View Poll Results: What do you thinkabout Praying?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Praying is a way to solve your problems through God

10 27.03%
  • Praying is a way to save your soul

1 2.70%
  • I think praying is OK, but I don't want it forced on me

10 27.03%
  • I have no opinion of Praying

7 18.92%
  • Praying is for people who can't sove their own problems

6 16.22%
  • Praying is for Chumps

3 8.11%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Praying and How It Helps (Or Most likely Doesn't)

A While ago I got into a charged Debate in Sukia with a girl who was shouting about how Jesus is real and we should all repent for our sins and Pry forgiveness. Balderdash (to put it lightly) I think that Praying is for people who don't have the capacity to solve their own problems. What say You Dudes?
    Last edited by Jazza; 08-12-2006 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Spelling Errors

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I say you're about to offend some people.
    goodbye.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by MrLore View Post
    A While ago I got into a charged Debate in Sukia with a girl who was shouting about how Jesus is real and we should all repent for our sins and Pry forgiveness. Balderdash (to put it lightly) I think that Praying is for people who don't have the capacity to solve their own problems. What say You Dudes?
    When I pray its nothing to do with my problems. I pray to God for forgivness when I know I've sinned ( which I admit is alot) I also pray to express my feelings and thoughts which I can't talk to anyone else about. I actualy feel sorry for you as you have no capacity as you put it for a faith and havn't been able to reach God yet.
    Last edited by Dan2nd; 08-12-2006 at 06:23 PM.
    I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best. A daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. Did I ever tell you that I stole it? Well, I borrowed it. I always meant to take it back. Oh, that box, Amy, you’ll dream about that box. It’ll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand-new and ancient and the bluest blue ever. And the times we had, eh? Would had…Never had. In your dreams, they’ll still be there. The Doctor and Amy Pond and the days that never came.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Depends on your type of preying, preying for forgiveness etc ok, its there choice.

The thing i do feel is stupid is preying for things, preying to solve problems, as it directly contradicts a good 2/3 of all christan teaching and moral values?

Christanty has a concept of a perfect god yes?

So god must have already made the perfect decision already?

If you preying for somthing or to solve, that must mean god has done something wrong, but hes perfect, so he has already taken the right action.

The only reason you would ever need to prey is if you want god to change his mind, So you must ether want god to do somthing Evil or bad? or are accepting god has done somthing wrong and isnt perfect?

Hence since god alrady knows the problems and has already made the perfect desion on everything preying is complety and utterly pointless useless and a Bad thing becuse your trying to subvert gods "perfect" will.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't pray, I always say I will - And never do.
    But I wouldn't say it's stupid or anything

Tokens

Latest Awards:

When I pray (Rare for me) I pray about something good that will happan to me/freinds/family. And it happans. I don't really believe in God though. -.-'
    [IMG]http://www.****************/uploads/9227beddc1.gif[/IMG]

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by 01101101entor View Post
    Depends on your type of preying, preying for forgiveness etc ok, its there choice.

The thing i do feel is stupid is preying for things, preying to solve problems, as it directly contradicts a good 2/3 of all christan teaching and moral values?

Christanty has a concept of a perfect god yes?

So god must have already made the perfect decision already?

If you preying for somthing or to solve, that must mean god has done something wrong, but hes perfect, so he has already taken the right action.

The only reason you would ever need to prey is if you want god to change his mind, So you must ether want god to do somthing Evil or bad? or are accepting god has done somthing wrong and isnt perfect?

Hence since god alrady knows the problems and has already made the perfect desion on everything preying is complety and utterly pointless useless and a Bad thing becuse your trying to subvert gods "perfect" will.
    I googled it hope this helps..

to give an example, a child asks his mother for a cookie and doesn’t get one. So his little friend says, “You request didn’t work.” That is how the world views prayer. What actually happens is the child asks for a cookie, and his mother says, “No.” If the child is insightful, he realizes that if he got the cookie, it would spoil his appetite for dinner, which he cannot see being prepared, and not having eaten a proper dinner, he would awaken hungry in the night. In that way, prayer is our spiritual eyesight. Through prayer, our discernment is perfected and our spiritual maturity is hastened.

God, like our mothers, sometimes says No out of love, when it impedes a greater providence that lies ahead.
    don't really get it my self but you might
    I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best. A daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. Did I ever tell you that I stole it? Well, I borrowed it. I always meant to take it back. Oh, that box, Amy, you’ll dream about that box. It’ll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand-new and ancient and the bluest blue ever. And the times we had, eh? Would had…Never had. In your dreams, they’ll still be there. The Doctor and Amy Pond and the days that never came.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by MrLore View Post
    thats actually quite blasphemous
    Owner Of The-Red-Help-Center
    I became Productions staff on the 28/1/07
    I became Events Organiser Trialist on 22/2/07
    Final Fantasy - Square Enix rules
    To Zanarkand:
    To Zanarkand - Orchestra:
    I owe rep to: X:RiX:X

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I pray for guidance from God.
    Edited by Garion (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature that exceed the 150 Pixel height limit for your usergroup.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by hot stuff View Post
    I pray for guidance from God.
    Oh he's so unreliable isn't he? He stopped returning my calls years ago!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast