Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Thread: iPhone 4

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default iPhone 4

I want the phone badly, but where I live they're going to start selling them in the end of August.. What are my options? I'm travelling to the UK in the end of July and I was wondering if the Apple store are selling the phone without a contract? Will this phone work with any operator around the world?

"All it takes for evil to conquer
    is for good men to do nothing."

Tokens

Latest Awards:

They do sell them SIM FREE however there pretty much out of stock everywhere right now. They should work around the world but im not quite sure, il check it out though

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I find it bizarre how many people are struggling to get a hold of them. I registered my interest with the Carphone Warehouse and I got a call from them asking if I want one. I said yes of course, and it was delivered the next day with the sim and now it's my new phone...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Apparently they're all sold out now until like mid-July. And yes you can buy one from the Apple Store, Sim-Free. Believe it or not when I was waiting in line, the dude behind me flew in from South Africa just to buy one because they won't be released in his country till the end of the year, he was in line from 8:00 and had his flight back to South Africa at 1:00, the line was so long that he wasn't going to make it so he had to go and talk to the manager and show him his flight tickets so he could jump the line and go straight to the front.

Where are you living btw? as long as you can get a Micro-Sim or cut your existing Sim into a Micro-Sim you will be fine.

I highly suggest getting one, I love mine.
    PSN: StefanWolves
    Add me if you play COD Black Ops or Fifa 11.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by StefanWolves View Post
    Apparently they're all sold out now until like mid-July. And yes you can buy one from the Apple Store, Sim-Free. Believe it or not when I was waiting in line, the dude behind me flew in from South Africa just to buy one because they won't be released in his country till the end of the year, he was in line from 8:00 and had his flight back to South Africa at 1:00, the line was so long that he wasn't going to make it so he had to go and talk to the manager and show him his flight tickets so he could jump the line and go straight to the front.

Where are you living btw? as long as you can get a Micro-Sim or cut your existing Sim into a Micro-Sim you will be fine.

I highly suggest getting one, I love mine.
    What's a micro sim?
    I live in Sweden

Tokens
    Habbo
    katie.pricejorda

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Aces View Post
    What's a micro sim?
    I live in Sweden
    Basically there's "mini sims" which is what everyone has been using in every phone for many years now. Apple however has decided to be different and use a "Micro Sim". This means your normal sim card won't fit in it...

As you can see, it is just the same but smaller. So you can use a knife/scissors to make your current sim card smaller so it fits the iPhone, it really doesn't look too difficult; http://www.techradar.com/news/comput...cro-sim-681020

Or you could see if your network's in Sweden have any mini-sims in stock, but chances are they won't until the iPhone is released

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Basically there's "mini sims" which is what everyone has been using in every phone for many years now. Apple however has decided to be different and use a "Micro Sim". This means your normal sim card won't fit in it...

As you can see, it is just the same but smaller. So you can use a knife/scissors to make your current sim card smaller so it fits the iPhone, it really doesn't look too difficult; http://www.techradar.com/news/comput...cro-sim-681020

Or you could see if your network's in Sweden have any mini-sims in stock, but chances are they won't until the iPhone is released
    I called my operator and luckily they do have these "micro-sims" in stock. Now I'm just hoping that the Apple store will have more iPhones available by the 15th of July

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You can just cut your current sim down to size and it'll work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
    You can just cut your current sim down to size and it'll work fine.
    I'll try, but in case of failure I now have a back-up plan